• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Legends of Tomorrow panel from NYCC.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the team dress up in period piece outfits. We'll see the 70's, the Cold War and maybe even
Dinosaurs

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's the Legends of Tomorrow panel from NYCC.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the team dress up in period piece outfits. We'll see the 70's, the Cold War and maybe even
Dinosaurs

Arthur Darvill is an odd man.

Sounds good and like a very different show from Flash and Arrow. They're obviously playing their cards close to the chest. I'm excited.

Also a 16 episode confirmation straight from a producer. I wonder how the timeline will match up with Flash and Arrow? I'm assuming they're doing 14 episode back ends again. They could start a week early and end a week later maybe.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone watch the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special 3 last night? I thought it was pretty good, had some funny lines and cameos.

Dalek

Report: CONNOR HAWKE To Appear in DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Oliver Queen's son is coming to the CW -- but he won't be his son, according to ComicBook. Reports indicate that Connor Hawke will be appearing in an upcoming episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, but with major changes to the character.

ComicBook's report, which they say was confirmed by CW's parent company Warner Bros., is that the network is currently casting for an "African-American or biracial male" to play the Hawke character. The character is described as someone who puts "on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope". The report indicates that unlike comic books, Connor Hawke will not be the son of Oliver Queen and Sandra Hawke.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow is scheduled to debut in early 2016.

WB better not pull this shit on us.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-netflix-hulu-flash-arrow/

Supergirl & Other DC Shows May Not Arrive on Netflix & Hulu For Years

Time Warner, the company that owns DC Entertainment and is a partial owner of The CW, is considering changing its current streaming distribution strategy. According to the New York Times, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes told analysts the company is considering extending the time period between when new seasons of DC shows air and when they are available for streaming, potentially not making them available until “several years after they first air” instead of the usual 12 month delay.

This move would potentially help cable providers retain customers as more viewers become “cord cutters,” cancelling cable subscriptions and watching TV solely through streaming services. They would continue to encourage cable and satellite packages to DC fans by making full seasons available through on-demand video options, as opposed to just the five most recent episodes.

There is still no information about how this move would impact the ‘season pass’ streaming options that sites like Amazon, Vudu and iTunes offer. This change could affect the existing DC shows currently airing: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Gotham and, iZombie as well as the numerous other properties in development including 2016’s highly anticipated shows Legends of Tomorrow, Lucifer and Preacher. This decision will have a larger impact on the DC shows still in development, since the shows currently airing have existing streaming deals. It’s possible those terms will be renegotiated, or they may simply leave the existing shows on Netflix as is and decline to add any subsequent seasons.

The streaming rights to these series are a smaller battle in the greater war between media models, and a clear attempt to curb the growing power of Netflix. It is interesting to compare Time Warner and Marvel, with the latter fully embracing the streaming service, creating exclusive content and consistently adding new seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Netflix almost immediately after the season’s end.

The cable provider industry is often viewed as both outdated, and holding these ultra-popular shows hostage will not endear the cable companies to viewers. However for many DC fans eager to watch their favorite shows, this may be enough motivation to continue their subscriptions.

ZeroX03

Banned
It'll just drive piracy up. You can't pull those kind of shenanigans against a young audience. At best people will buy iTunes subs. As a clumsy attempt to keep cable subs it'll fall flat.

Woops, I always confuse the two names.

This is actually frustrating to read. Like banging head on the keyboard frustrating. The formula is working really well for CW. Why fuck with it? If anything, this will rob their shows of the exposure they need.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Wow, that's such bullshit. It'll drive up piracy more than anything.

It'll also break my heart, since I live outside the US and WBTV LatAm airing schedule (and quality)I mostly sucks D:

Not surprised about Super Girl, not even on Hulu.. Idiots
Supergirl not being on Hulu seems to be a CBS thing though, since no other currently airing show of theirs is on there.

I'll believe that when I see it, that would just bite themselves in the ass but then again Time Warner could be Time Warnering...

didn't netflix sign a big deal for gotham a while ago though? or was that just for it's first season.

Not sure, but if it continues for season two there's no way WB is skimping out on that money.

I've been behind on flash, arrow and everything. Been kinda busy.
Trying to catch up on all.

Watching the flash legends ep, then moving onto the arrow one.

Guys, breeeeeehhhhhhsssss.....Arrow is back.

Can't wait to catch up and can't wait for Legends to start hnnnghhh!

The fight scene in arrow have been really cool this season

Joni

This is probably the best topic to discuss Lucifer, it is funny to see it stars Kevin Alejandro (Arrow's Blood) and Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus' First Naevia). Curious to see how long it lasts considering the original bad reaction to the script here at GAF.

Penguin

Vixen is coming back for a season 2... on the CW Seed!

https://twitter.com/phil_bourassa/status/686236262169063424

CYYAPDNUwAApyXk.jpg:large

YAY! So much good news today, Kevin Smith Flash, now more Vixen. Great!

I hope the next season is a bit longer, those 5 minute episodes were nice, but I didn't like having to basically wait 6 weeks for one episodes worth of material.

strafer

Temporary Wall of Shame for the season is quite shameful. Usual suspects everywhere.
In order: ARROW S4 - LEGENDS S1 - FLASH OT2 S2 - FLASH OT1 S2 - SUPERGIRL S1 - IZOMBIE S2

I made it on one? What sorcery is this.

Joni, you the real mvp tho

second place everywhere, almost. :D

Tabby

Temporary Wall of Shame for the season is quite shameful. Usual suspects everywhere.
In order: ARROW S4 - LEGENDS S1 - FLASH OT2 S2 - FLASH OT1 S2 - SUPERGIRL S1 - IZOMBIE S2

What we can conclude from this is what Zero REALLY likes his CW superhero shows.

I didn't place in the top ten of any of the OTs this season, it doesn't help that I rarely watched live but eh...

I got nothing on the drop off by NotTheGuyYouKill though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom