• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Realeza

Banned
Gotta say, y'all a bunch of exaggerated mofos. I was told S4 of Arrow was gonna give me cancer and kill me, instead what I got is a solid, entertaining show with some really great episodes, although the weakest season yet.

But I agree with one thing, the show is at its best when there's no Felicity drama bullshit. She's good as overwatch but her soap-opera moments need to go for sure.

Magwik

Banned
Gotta say, y'all a bunch of exaggerated mofos. I was told S4 of Arrow was gonna give me cancer and kill me, instead what I got is a solid, entertaining show with some really great episodes, although the weakest season yet.

But I agree with one thing, the show is at its best when there's no Felicity drama bullshit. She's good as overwatch but her soap-opera moments need to go for sure.
Well the show did give you cancer, but it was cured with a magic computer chip in 2 days.

Sex scene with
Shado,
Emiko inbound.

If they were to bring Emiko in, they'd have to change her mother for the show, since Shado is Ollie's age. Either Lady Shiva or China White would replace her.

Season 3 was worse. This season at least had a villain arc that made sense and only Felicity was acting like a lobotomized version of her previous self, instead of Oliver joining her in that camp.

Realeza

Banned
So what's the popular consensus about who has been the best villain in all the shows? I thought Damien Dahrk was terrific and probably my favorite behind Wells Reverse Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
So what's the popular consensus about who has been the best villain in all the shows? I thought Damien Dahrk was terrific and probably my favorite behind Wells Reverse Flash.

1. Reverse
  2. Slade
  3. Merlyn (S1)
  4. Darhk
  5. Zoom
  6. Ra's
  7. Savage
  8. [insert villain of the week here]
  9. Non
Something like that. Darhk's main problem is that he overstayed his welcome because he's was there from episode one onward and they stretched out his motivations/plan for too long. McDonough is electric but he can only save so much bad material. Probably not as noticeable on a binge.

God Tier:

Reverse Flash
Deathstroke

Good Tier:

Merlyn
Zoom
Dahrk
Vandal Savage

Garbage Tier:

Ras al Ghul
Non and Indigo

Ras would move up to good tier if the League of Assassin's plot made any sense. We weren't given any real reason to see them as villainous until 3 episodes before the finale.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ra's not might have done anything else, but he still gets huge credit for The Climb.

tumblr_inline_ngenf0cNIR1sbnovl.gif

giphy.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I liked Slade and the Wells version of Reverse Flash. Damien was good until he wasn't. One of those less is more situations. Oh, and the first Vertigo in Arrow was fun. Total Joker ripoff but still fun.

I hated Vandal Savage and all the Supergirl villains have been garbage so far. I also don't care for Zoom.

Ra's is in the middle. He's very casual about everything which I find refreshing.

Yager

Banned

Dahrk was great the first half of the season, but as the episodes went on he lost most of his mojo, at least for me, mainly because of the cheap magic and "destroy the world to build a new one".

Reverse is #1 for me, followed by Slade.

that's one of the worse spellings of Siobhán I've seen.

I don't know if that was a thing hurt by the inclusion of the Flash into the episode, since that wasn't the plan at the beginning of the series right?
ha my bad. Was searching how to spell her name, and that's what a diff site gave me
Edit: lol had a feeling I was destroying it -_-
This feels retro in the best way

Cs1qeiMVUAAMK-N.png:large
This poster is awesome

Xenoboy

Vandal would have been much better if they never had the hacks in it or by not tying him to them at all. I really liked him, really creepy, but got bogged down by the Kendra package.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, Vandal would have been better served if they did a swerve with his backstory midway through and it turned out he was actually a Caveman and had been doing this shit since the dawn of man.

Make the Hawks a weird nuisance that stole some of his power back in ancient Egypt and his constant hunt of them has just been to regain his power.

GulAtiCa

Woops wrong thread. Was also about to post about CW TV in the Pokemon Go thread too. Lol

Anyways. Yeah Ras was super weak and disappointing. The mountain sword fight was cool though.

I really liked Vandal, but felt like it got dragged on a bit much by the end.

shingi70

Banned
Kid flash is cute if not a bit patronizing. I do forget that Barry and Iris are supposed to be about 26/27 and wally is supposed to be around 19-21.

Them having Ra's do that personally was just... Awful, like you would think someone would speak up about it and they'd change it to an underling but nope.

I don't normally spoiler tag in this thread, but this is a trippy one.

Jamey Sheridan (Robert Queen)
is back for Arrow's 100th episode. Not a flashback. Not a Flashpoint.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/779117709246107648

Better finally be
Earth 2 Robert

Vandal would have been much better if they never had the hacks in it or by not tying him to them at all. I really liked him, really creepy, but got bogged down by the Kendra package.

Kendra would've been fine had they not made her the center of multiple shitty love triangles and actually made her a strong character who finally breaks the cycle to make her destiny she didn't want which is where it felt like they were going but nope because CW gotta CW. Then all those past lives and little to no fighting experience to show for it and it also still blows my mind that they went the route of having her stranded (along with Ray and Sara) in the past for years, opening the door to get her some much needed training but nope because Vandal Savage isn't still out there and for whatever reason isn't able to find her despite it being established that he's able to sense when the Hawks "manifest" and track them down. WTF? Of course the cherry on top was near the end of the season when Kendra had the opportunity to kill Savage and didn't take it because "future Carter" had been brain washed, so well that it was broken the next episode anyway. So frustrating...

It's still funny how the crew was all broken up over the death of Carter in the first episode even though they knew him for like five minutes and he was a dick the whole time as they seemingly forget he'll just reincarnate.

EDIT: Well that took me way longer than it should have to type. Maaaan I really hope the alternate timeline thing really isn't just one episode, such a waste if it is.

Of course Barry receives more L's in that trailer. That's just who he is lol. He went and got Snow, "you kidnapped her." Teams up with Kid Flash, loses his powers. Tsk tsk tsk.

Watching a show week to week is different.

When you just had a shit episode about Felicity drama and then the next week you get another, and a cliffhanger to a break that ended with Felicity drama...that is all you got for weeks or months.

Watching it bunched together, you only needed suffer that shit for 80 minutes or so.

Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT| Four Gently Used Villains for the Price of One!

Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT| Yo Dawg! We Heard You Liked Shipping So We Put Ships on Your Ship So You Could Ship While You Shipped!

ZeroX03

Banned
Legends Premeire Synopsis:
LOST AND FOUND — GUEST STARRING STEPHEN AMELL — After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the exposure of the corrupt Time Masters, a new threat emerges. Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), an unconventional and charming historian, is thrust into the action. After making a shocking discovery, Nate seeks out Oliver Queen (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in finding the scattered Legends. Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from temporal aberrations – unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic consequences. Their first stop is 1942 to protect Albert Einstein from being kidnapped before the Nazis destroy New York City with a nuclear bomb. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) notices that Sara (Caity Lotz) has a mission of her own, which leads them both to face her nemesis, Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Victor Garber, Arthur Darvill, Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star. Dermot Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Phil Klemmer and Greg Berlanti & Chris Fedak.

Top Bottom