• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Magwik

Banned
No sarcasm I am loving iZombie, it scratches the itch that Psych did before it was canned. Oh and the Gotham premiere was a dumpster fire.

VanWinkle

There's already active OTs for those shows!

Why does it matter? You mention it pretty much every time someone says something about a non-CW show. Some people just like having a place to talk about DC shows in general, and the OP straight us says we can talk about all DC shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why does it matter? You mention it pretty much every time someone says something about a non-CW show. Some people just like having a place to talk about DC shows in general, and the OP straight us says we can talk about all DC shows.

You've got an active OT. "Off-Season" thread, and here you are, on-season, and here. It's not like the old Gotham S2 thread was locked up either, it was just The CW shows.

VanWinkle

You've got an active OT. "Off-Season" thread, and here you are, on-season, and here.

Like I said, it's one day into the season. Some of the people here like to have a general DC show thread. And don't act like you weren't acting like people were in the wrong here before the new season of Gotham started last night, too.

bryanee

Like I said, it's one day into the season. Some of the people here like to have a general DC show thread. And don't act like you weren't acting like people were in the wrong here before the new season of Gotham started last night, too.

^^^^

He's right you know.

ZeroX03

Banned

Oh no, now I just think you're extra wrong.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, I was going to do an elaborate shitpost where I tell you all about the Heroes and Icons channel and about how it's running two episodes of Swamp Thing every Saturday at noon.

Then I realized that would arguably be more on topic than Gotham right now.

Can we settle this invoice GIF wars instead ?

I think I know what you're getting at:

ATNi34Q.gif

Gotham fans,

SN2wlJW.gif

morningbus

I have been watching this channel semi-regularly. Gonna have to catch Swamp Thing.

They're running them in order, too. So hopefully they can get to season 3 which is really difficult to find on DVD these days.

VanWinkle

So pumped for Flash. I wish I could get excited for Legends of Tomorrow, too. The JSA stuff excites me, but I found very little redeemable about the first season, so I can't get hyped. Willing to be pleasantly surprised, though.

No, like, actual teenagers though.

Wait, who are we talking about?

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash had the hypest trailer, but it's just one episode worth of footage so it's hard to say.

Legends realized what worked and what didn't by the end and jettisoned the stuff that didn't. Excited for JSA/Legion of Doom/Heat Wave.

Supergirl also has the benefit of a fresh start, but is also losing their strongest actor for the majority of the season so that'll hurt. Superman and potentially the Legion of Super-heroes though?

Arrow will be Arrow.

VanWinkle

Poison Ivy

If he's talking about the actress, she's well over teenage years. If he's talking about the character, she's aged up (presumably beyond "teenager" since one of the show people said they wanted Ivy to be seductive and it works better as an adult than a teenager).

Silver St. Cloud towards the end is super uncomfortable.

Hmm, yeah, I guess I could see that. I don't think it was really sexualizing her in a way that would be "for audiences," though, which the problem usually lies more in, but rather for the purpose of the role.

iosefe

If he's talking about the actress, she's well over teenage years. If he's talking about the character, she's aged up (presumably beyond "teenager" since one of the show people said they wanted Ivy to be seductive and it works better as an adult than a teenager).

physically? probably 18, still a 13-ish year old girl mentally

morningbus

Poison Ivy is a separate issue that drives Gotham directly in to the 1000 year old dragon anime terriorty.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah Gotham fans are like anime fans, it all makes sense now, they can't help but talk about it everywhere.

PS. Jane the Virgin is much better, everybody should watch it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They could have brought in a new character to be the real seductive Ivy. The character in Gotham's name is Ivy Pepper and traditionally Poison Ivy's actual name is Pamela Isley. Not to mention Ivy Pepper is an extremely small character in the show, so it isn't like there would have been some big uproar over introducing the "real" Poison Ivy. Aging her up through mumbo jumbo is just so unnecessary and weird considering they have a clear out to bring in the real version of the character with their names being different.

But I'll hush before Zero snaps on me. There is a Gotham thread.

VanWinkle

Ah Gotham fans are like anime fans, it all makes sense now, they can't help but talk about it everywhere.

PS. Jane the Virgin is much better, everybody should watch it.

Gotham fans talkin bout Gotham in the DC TV thread. How dare they.

I think I watched the first episode of Jane the Virgin but I don't remember anything about it.

Joni

Before you could have had a point. Now you're just posting spoilers about Gotham in an unrelated thread.
Next year we're posting a huge CW-only warning.

VanWinkle

Before you could have had a point. Now you're just posting spoilers about Gotham in an unrelated thread.
Next year we're posting a huge CW-only warning.

Spoilers? Huh? And how is a DC TV thread unrelated to Gotham? Would love to know what you're talking about.

Seriously, what in the world is your guys problem with Gotham? It's bizarre. IT'S A DC SHOW.

KonradLaw

Zero doesn't want Lucifer in this thread because he's just jeleaus it's a lot better at hiding it's filmed in Vancouver than Flash ;)

Top Bottom