• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
hermit7 said:
You can change it anytime, the shade and then in makeup the secondary color.

Right now I have gray skin, and white plants. Looks ok, but not anything spectacular.
Maybe I've been trying to do it wrong... It keeps directing me back to my palette.

Oh and can someone from the GAF League on Killing Joke shoot me an invite?

Nishastra

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Yeah - I know about the save thing.

It keeps directing me to the color palette of my gear though, not my skin.
Are you trying to change the color of your equipped skin style? What you need to do is click on "Colors" at the top and then pick Skin/Makeup.

DY_nasty

Nishastra said:
Are you trying to change the color of your equipped skin style? What you need to do is click on "Colors" at the top and then pick Skin/Makeup.
lol, found it....

damn it is stupid that since I chose joker as my mentor the only gear I can buy is mr freeze (tier 1), it is the ugliest one there is. Two faces is okay but that is pvp gear :(

also. what is a mark of society

Nishastra

Banned
hermit7 said:
The silver ones or the red ones? I thought the marks if victory were the silver ones.
I don't know what color they are. I don't even really know what they're called. All I know is that I don't have any and I need 810 to buy the Deathstroke armor :p

Anyway, supposedly Mark of Triumph is for Duos and Hard Alerts, Mark of Distinction is for Raids, and Mark of Victory is for Arenas under some circumstance. I'll have to assume that the "being level 30" thing is true.

Nishastra

Banned
Thinking about it, it makes sense. The other high-end armor marks are for things you can't do until level 30, so they wouldn't want you stockpiling Marks of Victory throughout the levels and then already having enough for a full suit of armor when you hit 30.

Would really love to try this game, sort of a fix until Guild Wars 2 arrives.

Is there any trial?

Edit: Also, which one is recommended? PC or PS3? Same servers right?

Nishastra

Banned
ChackanKun said:
Would really love to try this game, sort of a fix until Guild Wars 2 arrives.

Is there any trial?

Edit: Also, which one is recommended? PC or PS3? Same servers right?
There's no trial yet. Each copy of the game comes with a buddy key or two, but I've heard you need the discs anyway to play? Perhaps just for the PS3 version. You can get a PC client installer here, if it'll work.

They don't have the same servers. Sony doesn't want Station and PSN to mix, so the servers are seperate. As for which version, I play PC. I can't really give an opinion on the PS3 version, but I prefer mouse and keyboard controls myself. Also I hate voice chat, so everybody having keyboards is preferable to me :p

Nishastra said:
There's no trial yet. Each copy of the game comes with a buddy key or two, but I've heard you need the discs anyway to play? Perhaps just for the PS3 version. You can get a PC client installer here, if it'll work.

They don't have the same servers. Sony doesn't want Station and PSN to mix, so the servers are seperate. As for which version, I play PC. I can't really give an opinion on the PS3 version, but I prefer mouse and keyboard controls myself. Also I hate voice chat, so everybody having keyboards is preferable to me :p

Not having the same servers sucks :| PC version would be then.

Now to find a buddy key...!

Foxix Von

DY_nasty said:
Maybe I've been trying to do it wrong... It keeps directing me back to my palette.

Oh and can someone from the GAF League on Killing Joke shoot me an invite?
What's your character name? I'll shoot you an invite the next time I log in.

Quagm1r3

So the game keeps causing my computer to crash :'( I'll be messing with the settings to narrow down the problem but it's a shame that I've run into this issue.

arts&crafts said:
damn it is stupid that since I chose joker as my mentor the only gear I can buy is mr freeze (tier 1), it is the ugliest one there is. Two faces is okay but that is pvp gear :(

also. what is a mark of society

Most of the armor sets are not really interesting to me, but again the style system of the game fixes it for you allowing you to make any piece of armor look like whatever you want for the most part.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Outtrigger888 said:
I would like an invite also if its a hero league, character name is Enceladus
It's a villain legion. I don't believe we have a GAF hero league on KJ yet.

Leunam

Completed the Poison Ivy quest arc with two other people. The group leader was a sorcery/flight/Dual Pistol user. Besides casting the occasional spell, all they did combat wise was hold the right mouse button and fire endlessly rather than go for combos or magnum rounds. And of course they get the drop at the end. :/

Ferny

Question...how the hell does Warp Rally work exactly? It never works the way I think it should. Anyone that uses it care to explain that a bit better?

DY_nasty

Ferny73 said:
Question...how the hell does Warp Rally work exactly? It never works the way I think it should. Anyone that uses it care to explain that a bit better?
Takes you to the nearest Rally Point right? (Given the map though, its lulz)

ferr said:
Is there a list of blue/purple items from level 30 duo/alerts/etc somewhere? It'd be nice to know what's out there.

For duos ive had an epic helmet off brother eye twice and a pair of gloves off Isis, nothing from freeze or queen bee as of yet (ive heard the mr freeze item is his backpack)

hermit7

kyo_daikun said:
For duos ive had an epic helmet off brother eye twice and a pair of gloves off Isis, nothing from freeze or queen bee as of yet (ive heard the mr freeze item is his backpack)

Are they purple or orange?

jogarrr

I am hooked on alerts. I'm only level 22 and have already received the feat for completing 100 alerts. It's like an addiction to queue myself. At this rate I'll never hit level 30, but they're so much fun.

Leunam said:
Completed the Poison Ivy quest arc with two other people. The group leader was a sorcery/flight/Dual Pistol user. Besides casting the occasional spell, all they did combat wise was hold the right mouse button and fire endlessly rather than go for combos or magnum rounds. And of course they get the drop at the end. :/

I've noticed way too many dual pistols users using full auto like this.

Nishastra

Banned
I'm having a great PvP day today. Except for one Legends match that was 2 on 4 for some reason, I haven't been in a match that villains lost. And I've been doing almost nothing but Legends and Arenas all day :p

Edit: Nice, I just got the PVP MVP feat :p

hermit7 said:
Are they purple or orange?

They're purple, just got robins utility belt while playing through with a new character (ive heard other people mentioning getting this)

For Duo's I think its safe to say that each boss has 1 epic rare they can drop, so:

Isis: Divine Handwraps of the Goddess Isis
Brother Eye: OMAC Helmet
Robin: Robins utility belt
Super girl: Supergirls boots
Power girl: Nothing (she doesnt drop anything, think its bugged so ive reported it)
Mr freeze: Freeze's Backpack

Only orange ive seen was the transformation device someone got from the vault (ive never even had a purple from the vault)

ferr

kyo_daikun said:
They're purple, just got robins utility belt while playing through with a new character (ive heard other people mentioning getting this)

For Duo's I think its safe to say that each boss has 1 epic rare they can drop, so:

Isis: Divine Handwraps of the Goddess Isis
Brother Eye: OMAC Helmet
Robin: Robins utility belt
Super girl: Supergirls boots
Power girl: Nothing (she doesnt drop anything, think its bugged so ive reported it)
Mr freeze: Freeze's Backpack

Only orange ive seen was the transformation device someone got from the vault (ive never even had a purple from the vault)
Where did you get those duo's from? All I have is Hive, Gotham Uni, Omac, and Gorilla Grodd. I haven't even seen Mr Freeze in the game.

Leunam

p2kqP.png

Laugh

My now main character. Got him to level 20 tonight and I'm having a blast using this guy.

I've been looking around for guides for this game, and I've found a lot of what I was looking for, but there's one thing I'm still looking for. Does anyone know if there's a breakdown of the Legends PVP characters somewhere? Something explaining the powers in detail? And what combos the characters can use?

mileS

anyone have a random name change recently?

started a character named DOOM and 2 days later his name is "Teil" If i'm not supposed to have a name like that don't let me pick it in the first place. I should at least be given an option to change to something else...

Nishastra

Banned
PedroLumpy said:
I've been looking around for guides for this game, and I've found a lot of what I was looking for, but there's one thing I'm still looking for. Does anyone know if there's a breakdown of the Legends PVP characters somewhere? Something explaining the powers in detail? And what combos the characters can use?
I haven't seen one, but there must be by now. Weapon combos are easy to figure out; they have the full combo for whatever their weapon type is. 2h for Harley, Staff for Robin, Dual Pistols for Huntress, Brawling for Bane, Martial Arts for Batman, One-handed for Joker.

I haven't seen a Nightwing or other-Joker yet, and can't tell you what powers anyone other than Harley has.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure about Joker. I'm sure I've seen him with a crowbar, but then he pulled out dual pistols. Gotta unlock him myself :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
mileS said:
anyone have a random name change recently?

started a character named DOOM and 2 days later his name is "Teil" If i'm not supposed to have a name like that don't let me pick it in the first place. I should at least be given an option to change to something else...
They've been cracking down on names that sound remotely like copyrighted characters. Check your in game mail, I heard they send you an in game email when your name gets changed explaining the name changing procedure.

icechai

Nishastra said:
I haven't seen one, but there must be by now. Weapon combos are easy to figure out; they have the full combo for whatever their weapon type is. 2h for Harley, Staff for Robin, Dual Pistols for Huntress, Brawling for Bane, Martial Arts for Batman, One-handed for Joker.

I haven't seen a Nightwing or other-Joker yet, and can't tell you what powers anyone other than Harley has.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure about Joker. I'm sure I've seen him with a crowbar, but then he pulled out dual pistols. Gotta unlock him myself :p

Nightwing is kinda fail compared to the others, still ok to play if you like dual wield, except he doesn't have the last dual wield combo where you spin around.

Skills are the gadget line stun, breakout ranged attack [weak], ground slam which knocks everyone up [weak], a bubble to bubble them, and the 2 acrobatic attacks which are probably his strongest ones...

when a Legend's strongest attacks are their acrobatic moves, something is off (Huntress too, although she's forgiven cuz she can switch between martial arts or dual pistols and has a much better knockback move).

ferr said:
Where did you get those duo's from? All I have is Hive, Gotham Uni, Omac, and Gorilla Grodd. I haven't even seen Mr Freeze in the game.

Sorry, I added the challenge missions in as well, found out that doctor fate drops a hand blaster weapon, so does cyborg and from raven you get her hood.

Would also like to say that hard mode alerts are where its all at, forget those rubbish normal ones, area 51 and naff moon base.

Wait till your battling doomsday at the end of the smallville alert, the arkham asylum alert is THE best looking part of this game by far and one of the most fun, battling ivy, freeze, scarecrow and then the secret fourth boss...

The 8 man batmans lair raid was great even tho we didnt get very far, the first boss smashed us to pieces.

Nishastra

Banned
I unlocked Bane. He's a lot of fun, though I'm not sure if I like him better than Harley. He's quite awesome in full-Venom mode, though :p

Dead

well not really...yet
Have yet to be able to enter a single Legends, but Alerts have been perfectly fine. Wierd.

Oh yeah, anyone else stumbled upon suicidal citizens at the top of buildings randomly? Found one earlier and lol'd at how easily convinced they were not to jump :lol

Top Bottom