• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Magwik

Banned
He's probably due for a more comic accurate suit anyways, though it's a shame they went through all of this bullshit just for him to have an arc about being a hero.

Oh and for anyone complaining about the butterfly effect, go watch Doctor Who. They follow the same principles of time travel, though Doctor Who attempts to explain it from time to time.

Lol, all I could think of during Steel's confrontation of the samurai was, "you poor and stupid white guy lol" Dude also has trouble performing lol.

Vixen's probably thinking, "damn this team, these Legends, are goofy as fuck! I miss my team feelsbadman" She looked damn fine at the end though. Mick finna smash, right?

Nice to hear from Punished Flash though. Enjoyed it along with Mick's talks about ninjas.

But for real tho..... they did us Asians bad again :( Tired of evil Asians, especially my Japanese folks. Kind of disappointed that they had to go the White/foreigner Savior route.

I'd rolled my eyes so hard. It's was so fucking racist and cliche.

Sara is definitely the best character on the show.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lol, all I could think of during Steel's confrontation of the samurai was, "you poor and stupid white guy lol" Dude also has trouble performing lol.

Vixen's probably thinking, "damn this team, these Legends, are goofy as fuck! I miss my team feelsbadman" She looked damn fine at the end though. Mick finna smash, right?

Nice to hear from Punished Flash though. Enjoyed it along with Mick's talks about ninjas.

But for real tho..... they did us Asians bad again :( Tired of evil Asians, especially my Japanese folks. Kind of disappointed that they had to go the White/foreigner Savior route.

Don't worry iron fist is coming out soon.......

i am quite tired of seeing Asian guys being killed on tv.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where they shot this episode? That Japanese farm house couldn't have been a set built for the show, it was way too detailed and natural looking. But then again, where is a Japanese farm house in rural Vancouver?

Also: Behind the scenes vid of the Canary/Vixen Samurai fight... Damn Caity is so f'n cool and hot.

https://t.co/HPc8Kedmwp

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does anyone know where they shot this episode? That Japanese farm house couldn't have been a set built for the show, it was way too detailed and natural looking. But then again, where is a Japanese farm house in rural Vancouver?

Also: Behind the scenes vid of the Canary/Vixen Samurai fight... Damn Caity is so f'n cool and hot.

https://www.instagram.com/caitylotz/

There's a long history of Japanese-Canadians living in the Vancouver area, so it's probably not completely out of the question.

I wonder if they'll bring in an Asian character for the comic spoiler
new Atom? Who is a young and attractive Asian actor, 18-30 years old?

It's going to take a while but I wouldn't mind if he mentioned something down the line. Probably next season or the end of this season.

There's a Japanese temple that shows up in almost every show, so a farmhouse is hardly out of the question.

Jonogunn

I wonder if they'll bring in an Asian character for the new Atom? Who is a young and attractive Asian actor, 18-30 years old?

It's going to take a while but I wouldn't mind if Ray mentioned something down the line. Probably next season or the end of this season.

New Atom?? What?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I wonder if they'll bring in an Asian character for the new Atom? Who is a young and attractive Asian actor, 18-30 years old?

It's going to take a while but I wouldn't mind if Ray mentioned something down the line. Probably next season or the end of this season.
That guy from The Tomorrow People?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Non-spoiler version: Ray isn't going anywhere.

Spoiler version:
Ray will have his suit back by the crossover. There are set pictures that have Ray in what appears to be an identical Atom suit.

New Atom?? What?

Yeah. Ray's protege, Ryan Choi who may or may not have innate powers like the Atom suit.

That guy from The Tomorrow People?

Aaron? Dude looks good.

Non-spoiler version: Ray isn't going anywhere.

Spoiler version:
Ray will have his suit back by the crossover. There are set pictures that have Ray in what appears to be an identical Atom suit.

I knew and figured. Just telling Asian folks that we do have somebody down the line and that we shouldn't worry too much.

Skux

Fuck logic, that episode was a damn fun ride.

I really like the "bumbling bunch of misfits that just happen to be the guardians of time" thing they've got going so far. Without Rip there's less authority and the more renegade aspects of the characters get to shine.

So depending on whether or not they're saving a seat for Rip, there are 1-2 open seats on the Waverider. (we've lost Snart, Carter, Kendra and Rip - picked up Nate and Amaya) Who should be added to the team?

neojubei said:
Don't worry iron fist is coming out soon.......

i am quite tired of seeing Asian guys being killed on tv.

Yeah, I guess i'm not alone in that sentiment. Kind of lame they went that route. Kind of annoying to watch.

Stay sucka free DCTVU

Of course the Japanese woman fell in love with the white dude that came from the sky. Of course there was an evil Asian shogun that had to be defeated by the white saviors (plus Vixen). I guess I really shouldn't be surprised they went with the typical white savior nonsense that people seem to love.

Of course the Japanese woman fell in love with the white dude that came from the sky. Of course there was an evil Asian shogun that had to be defeated by the white saviors (plus Vixen). I guess I really shouldn't be surprised they went with the typical white savior nonsense that people seem to love.

Breh, that's what I essentially said lol. Hence why I brought up
Ryan Choi!

It's all fun and games though. They don't take themselves seriously and we shouldn't..... From time to time :p

batbeg

Admittedly from a white perspective but I don't see how this played up the white savior stereotype. This wasn't a story that had white people unnecessarily added to it, it's a story about (mostly) white people who travel through time and are saviors of when and wherever they go. This time it happened to be feudal Japan, so of course the bad guys are going to be Japanese. You still got to see heroic and noble attributes through the woman and her father, as well as allusions to the dead brother. Am I wrong for thinking this?

I loved this episode though. I've loved Mick for a while. I really hated how naturally he slipped back from Chronos last season but towards the end of the season and now this one I've come to really enjoy his character. I like his interactions with Vixen too. Ray is improving greatly with his arc as well, and Steel is great. Plus you give them all swords and put ninja and samurai in and you have a great fucking episode.

I've got a question about Sarah though. Did I forget something about her killing causing blood lust or are they just hand waving it away? I loved her final face off with that samurai, using the hidden blade, as well as the shot of her and Vixen back to back.

Edit: I forgot to ask if the family name and sword was meant to be foreshadowing something.

I've got a question about Sarah though. Did I forget something about her killing causing blood lust or are they just hand waving it away? I loved her final face off with that samurai, using the hidden blade, as well as the shot of her and Vixen back to back.

Because of Constantine putting her soul back in her body, her bloodlust isn't nearly as bad as Thea's was. She's more bloodthirsty than she was before her resurrection, but she doesn't face any consequences for suppressing it. She had some issues with it in season 1, but by now has gotten a handle on it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

I really hope this show does add some Asian characters in the mix.

Edit: I forgot to ask if the family name and sword was meant to be foreshadowing something.

latest

Top Bottom