• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Ray is going to get some of his suit powers (or at least the shrinking/growing) this time from this second exposure to a dwarf star alloy explosion isn't he?

Still need to catch up on tonight's episode, but going by the premise:

DCCW L-Holding Championship:

Gold - Ray Palmer
Silver - Barry Allen
Bronze - TIE - Curtis Holt and Wild Dog

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Man, why can't an Asian dude be a good guy for once.

I can't even get mad after they just CGIed some cherry blossoms into some forest trail in Vancouver and did that dumb anime thing where two people lunge past each other with swords, though.

iosefe

Man, why can't an Asian dude be a good guy for once.

I can't even get mad after they just CGIed some cherry blossoms into some forest trail in Vancouver and did that dumb anime thing where two people lunge past each other with swords, though.

but they did the thing where the sword was a decoy for the real danger, which isn't as common

Neoxon

I guess we can add "Build a new Atom suit" to the list, right behind "Find Rip Hunter" & "Find Reverse Flash".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So was the final fight with the shogun supposed to be in slow motion, or did he really just stand still while a sword flew over his head and waited for the steel guy to stab him in the back?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Leave now and we'll spare your lifes"

LIBt3k1.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Long live Captain Sara.

I felt like there was enough material here that it could have been a two-parter. The episode moved by so fast. Pretty much the entire third act was a big fight scene, and it was awesome.

They kinda had a Seven Samurai homage going on here, with the Legends having to defend a Japanese village.

And Heatwave and Vixen just need to bang already! And I'm warming up to Nate. He has been fun for a new character.

Sara cheating to win that samurai duel wins for most badass moment in this show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"We can't beat him while he's wearing the suit! Our only option is to destroy it!"

Really, Ray? Cause you get your ass kicked all the time and yet your suit's never been blown up...

The show randomly throwing in Japanese words to what is people already speaking Japanese is hilarious.

Yeah, that bugged me too. We should have heard the English translations of konnichiwa, gaijin, hajimemashte, seppuku, and baka.

Lol, all I could think of during Steel's confrontation of the samurai was, "you poor and stupid white guy lol" Dude also has trouble performing lol.

Vixen's probably thinking, "damn this team, these Legends, are goofy as fuck! I miss my team feelsbadman" She looked damn fine at the end though. Mick finna smash, right?

Nice to hear from Punished Flash though. Enjoyed it along with Mick's talks about ninjas.

But for real tho..... they did us Asians bad again :( Tired of evil Asians, especially my Japanese folks. Kind of disappointed that they had to go the White/foreigner Savior route.

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat for beat this show has the most laughs by far.

Oh, any significance to Ray asking about the family name? Was it Yamashiro (Katana's surname and former province) or Yamashido?

It was Katana's name and likely sword.

Also the surname would imply it's actually Maseo's family, but let's just assume he's cool and took her last name because she's the master swordsman.

strafer

Oliver! Listen to me now! It's Felicity! Felicity Smoak! She's the key! Am I too soon? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us, Oliver! You have to find us!

Xenoboy

Now I want to know what Barry's secret is...
I love the new direction they have taken in this new season, just all jolly good fun.

Teletraan1

Banned
They really need to get the villains more air time. RF onscreen airtime so far can be counted in seconds. Not a filler episode about new guy. This guy might as well be a barista for how much I care about him.

Lol, all I could think of during Steel's confrontation of the samurai was, "you poor and stupid white guy lol" Dude also has trouble performing lol.

Vixen's probably thinking, "damn this team, these Legends, are goofy as fuck! I miss my team feelsbadman" She looked damn fine at the end though. Mick finna smash, right?

Nice to hear from Punished Flash though. Enjoyed it along with Mick's talks about ninjas.

But for real tho..... they did us Asians bad again :( Tired of evil Asians, especially my Japanese folks. Kind of disappointed that they had to go the White/foreigner Savior route.

You know there were "Good" Asians in the show right?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The episode does highlight the lack of Asian heroes on the team and searching for any DC characters that they could use really puts a fine point on the fact that everyone needs to do fucking better here. Holy crap.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The episode does highlight the lack of Asian heroes on the team and searching for any DC characters that they could use really puts a fine point on the fact that everyone needs to do fucking better here. Holy crap.

This episode would have been the perfect opportunity for a Ryan Choi cameo stinger. Either to give Ray a new suit from the future, team up, or temporarily replace him.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"Leave now and we'll spare your lifes"

LIBt3k1.gif

lol

I was like "did she just say it like that?..."

I went back and watched the scene and she does say liVes but just, really, really, really, oddly.

This episode would have been the perfect opportunity for a Ryan Choi cameo stinger. Either to give Ray a new suit from the future, team up, or temporarily replace him.

From set pics of the crossover we do know that
Ray gets his suit back, so it'll be interesting to see what they do. I hope it isn't something as simple as he just builds another.

Arrowverse has done well picking up Walking Dead alumni, so hopefully we can get Steven Yeun in here somewhere.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really liked this episode. So many cool things happened, and there was never a dull moment. Mick is soooo awesome, shame he does not have Captain Cold at his side.

ZeroX03

Banned
An old friend returns in #2.06 "Outlaw Country".
STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS — The Legends are still reeling from the news that their time travel-nemesis is a speedster when they are alerted to an Aberration in the Old West. When the Legends arrive they find their old friend Jonah Hex (guest star Jonathan Schaech) in trouble with his arch-nemesis, Quentin Turnbull (guest star Jeff Fahey). The team soon discovers that they need to stop Turnbull and his gang from conquering the West and branding it his own lawless territory. To Hex’s surprise, Sara (Caity Lotz) is in charge and dispatches the team. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is ecstatic to be in the Wild West, but Sara makes Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) work with him to keep him on task, which is easier said than done. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) try to infiltrate Turnball’s gang, but find themselves in a shootout leaving Nate’s confidence shaken. Cherie Nowlan directed the episode, written by Matthew Maala & Chris Fedak.

That's one of the longest synopses yet.

Wasn't feeling this episode. There are only so many times one can watch a white guy save Feudal Japan before it gets stupid. And that number is zero.

Top Bottom