• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Penguin

A bit conflicted.

Each episode taken on its own merit was aces. Some of the best episodes of their respective show. Especially Arrow.

As a crossover, it was a ton of fun. Great char moments and interactions. Surprisingly deep character growth throughout the 3 episodes.

But as a story, the Dominators mostly felt like backdrop for the entire thing, and was weird to push the narrative forward at times.

So the Dominators left in the end because the pain from Stein's torture devices was just that bad? Does leaving the planet stop them from working?

This episode was a mess compared to the other two. If they were trying to get people to watch this show on the regular outside of crossovers, then it certainly didn't do a good job of it.

A bit conflicted.

Each episode taken on its own merit was aces. Some of the best episodes of their respective show. Especially Arrow.

As a crossover, it was a ton of fun. Great char moments and interactions. Surprisingly deep character growth throughout the 3 episodes.

But as a story, the Dominators mostly felt like backdrop for the entire thing, and was weird to push the narrative forward at times.

I actually appreciate the Domimators being the back drop after seeing the character development. You usually see the conflict outweigh everything else instead they used the Domimators and Supergirl as a anchor to weigh the Arrowverse down and give all three shows a level of breath and development we hadn't seen in awhile.

Volimar

So the Dominators left in the end because the pain from Stein's torture devices was just that bad? Does leaving the planet stop them from working?

This episode was a mess compared to the other two. If they were trying to get people to watch this show on the regular outside of crossovers, then it certainly didn't do a good job of it.

I think it was half them making Earth and Barry not worth the effort and pain and half them seeing what earth's heroes can do so maybe it won't end up that bad...

I agree insofar it was one of the weaker if not the weakest episode of Legends this season.

Malvingt2

So after tonight episode we can finally say that nobody else is mad with Barry correct? that is a done deal? Barry is free from any kind of blame?

Volimar

So after tonight episode we can finally say that nobody else is mad with Barry correct? that is a done deal? Barry is free from any kind of blame?

He'll never be free of FlashGAF and that godawful-has-completely-run-its-course-but-in-true-GAF-fashion-they-keep-beating-the-dead-horse-taking-the-L meme.

He'll never be free of FlashGAF and that godawful-has-completely-run-its-course-but-in-true-GAF-fashion-they-keep-beating-the-dead-horse-taking-the-L meme.

Kill joy >_>

The only reason the meme last so long anyways is because the show kept piling on Barry, which unless Barry get's a second wind from the crossover, I doubt it would happen again.

Well they did lose their only weapon against the metahumans, they were getting their asses kicked by street levelers with the help of metahumans, and did you see how long it took them to prepare that bomb?!

They left because Firestorm wrecked their bomb. The mission couldn't succeed without it. They had one job, and they lost the tool they needed to do it.

JSevere

they did some straight up comic book splash scene/Civil War airport fight shit on a TV budget and put a cap on the pissed Cisco arc, the people who make these shows really treated us tonight. geeked out at Supergirl gettingl a little doohickey to help her cross universes with ease, hope that means she can guest star on the other shows more often
and bring Superman and Martian Manhunter over next year

this whole crossover just felt like a celebration of the entire Arrowverse and the progress they've made growing from the beginning of Arrow to this big multiverse they've built up over the past five years. loved every bit of it

mreddie

Arrow > Flash > Legends > Supergirl

Solid closer, I love Lily and everyone else is a badass. LOL Diggle, even Black Widow went toe to toe with superpowered beings and won.

Team Arrow just came and went did they? Also, I assume Caitlin is scared with her powers still.

But yeah, fun ride and wonder if they'll try to top it next year.

Briarios

From the post episode interview over at Variety:

What were some of the scenes that you wanted to get in to the episodes that were left on the cutting room floor?

Kreisberg: There was a little exchange between Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) where Sara says “hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over,” and Kara says, “I think you wanna meet my sister.”

lol

From the post episode interview over at Variety:

What were some of the scenes that you wanted to get in to the episodes that were left on the cutting room floor?

Kreisberg: There was a little exchange between Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) where Sara says “hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over,” and Kara says, “I think you wanna meet my sister.”

lol

Yooooo. A threesome with Sara, Alex, and Maggie?!

Stein dies and than Jax and his Daughter become. Literal power couple.

Or Stein gets paralyzed, rejoins Team Flash as a scientific advisor so that HR can continue being useless.

Actually, come to think of it, Stein walking away because he doesn't feel he can be a guardian of time and hold on to an aberration he created, and chooses his daughter over his duty is probably another really good way to go.

ZeroX03

Banned
Arrow-verse EPs on Flashpoint Fallout, Dominators' Return, More Crossovers
Also some stuff from Mashable:
DC fans likely got a kick out of Ray Palmer (Routh) noting that Kara (Melissa Benoist) looks like his cousin — a nod to the fact that Routh previously played the Man of Steel in Superman Returns.

Much like Wentworth Miller making a Prison Break reference in an episode of Legends involving a jail escape, Guggenheim said that he decided, "if we have Brandon and Melissa share the screen and we don’t make some sort of joke like that, we’re not doing our job. The truth is, that joke existed on Arrow originally and then a certain scene got cut so then I moved it over to Legends; I just kept moving it back and forth. I’m like, 'I'm getting it in one of these episodes.'" Fan service aside, Guggenheim confirmed that the line "was a total throwaway."

"There was a little exchange between Sara and Kara that I really liked — I don’t think we even filmed it — where Sara says, 'Hey do you want to get a drink when this is all over?' and Kara says, 'I think you wanna meet my sister,'" he recalled.

"There was a funny scene between Speedy and H.R. where she says, 'So what are you doing here? What value do you bring?' He’s like, 'Well, I’m writing a book,' and she’s like, 'Oh that’ll be a big help' and walks away," he added. "It was all of those little tiny moments."

tim1138

No, he learned that skill in the season finale last year. He's not very good at it though, this was a big step up.

Gotcha, it was nice to see his actual powers used. It always bothered me when he was on Flash (or in the handful of Legends episodes I've seen) and he just flew around shooting fire

ZeroX03

Banned
Gotcha, it was nice to see his actual powers used. It always bothered me when he was on Flash (or in the handful of Legends episodes I've seen) and he just flew around shooting fire

Ronnie was supposed to learn it in S1, but it had to be cut for time.

Dereck

M8r14v2.gif

Sephzilla

I'm gonna sleep on it and give my full opinions tomorrow. Overall I liked the crossover, but I have some issues with it. Nothing huge, though.

Top Bottom