• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Concept17

Hi everybody - just want to keep you updated that due to the overwhelming amount of traffic for multiplayer on all platforms, some of you may be experiencing difficulty connecting to other users. We are working to add a gigantic amount of capacity to ensure that you are all taken care of ASAP! ♥ We'll keep you posted with updates as they become available!

From official DI facebook page. This is from 3 hours ago.

02pheland

Neo Member
just got the game this morning been playing about 6-7 hours and am lv15 on chapter 5, im enjoying it but even doing all the sidequests it seems to be going by too quickly

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm finding analog mode a little janky... very clumsy feeling when you're in CQB with multiple zombies. I actually kind of like that it's hectic and high stress, but I don't like that it's so clumsy. Can be frustrating. Might have to try out digital...

-BLITZ-

The hotel level is the creepiest thing I ever encounter in my life so far in any game. Even Bioshock didn't creeped me out like this. No lights, everything turn apart, so many zombies, run out of flashlight, dark creepy shadows. Every corner or path I take face with some Thugs or Runners on the corridors. The
kitchen
was bad as every nightmare.

I will never ever, ever going to take a vacation on a paradise island in real life. This game gives me the creeps, yet feels good man. I don't understand why I recall more of childhood memories from The House Of The Dead Series than Resident Evil though.

Anyone plays with
Savage
Machete. Can cutout a Thug hands like butter. With this Machete I manage to survive the whole journey. Oh boy, the details in this game are extravagant. I really feel of being in a real luxury hotel.

The audio recording dairies of the unknown man, hearing his voice for help when is
attacked at the hotel entries in the taxi
while I'm crawling in the hotel corridors and open every door gentle, gives me hibbie jibbies.

I need to get out of here real soon. :(

The perfect Dark said:

Are these PS3 only problems, or are people also seeing them on the 360? I have the game for 360, but haven't started it yet and I'm wondering if save games are an issue I might run into.

Amneisac

Warnen said:
Got the xbox version in the mail today

Xbox >>>>>>>>> PC

that is all

Oh, okay, great thanks for that. Should stimulate some interesting discussion.

Someone mentioned setting their refresh rate to 59 in game, it's only letting me choose from preset values and none are 59, is that something you change in the video.scr file?

Amneisac

Badgerst3 said:
So I signed up for gamefly for first time and added this in my q.

Avail says "low". How long will I have to wait?

This is kind of impossible to answer. Generally if you're new you get preference on lower availability games. Just make sure it's the only game in your queue or they'll just send you something else.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It doesn't feel broken on the xbox. Picture isn't bleached out, dark is actually dark (had to use the flashlight WTF??), control is great (well if you use a xbox controller on PC its about the same), just feels all around more put together.

timkunedo

Is anyone else's network settings grayed out in the game under settings? I can't select anything but facebook login :(

edit: NM...i guess that's by design. you have to stop your game to dork with the network settings.

DryvBy

Got the Shakes said:
Are these PS3 only problems, or are people also seeing them on the 360? I have the game for 360, but haven't started it yet and I'm wondering if save games are an issue I might run into.

What's the issues? I can't see em at work...

Amneisac

timkunedo said:
Is anyone else's network settings grayed out in the game under settings? I can't select anything but facebook login :(

They said that could happen while they're working on meeting the demand of all the people who are trying to play.

I think that means they have a really shitty system in place and they're trying to spin it to sound like 10,000,000 are pounding their servers all at once, but maybe that's just me.

Phonomezer said:
Wow, that sucks :/

Hope there are no similar problems with the 360 build.

there are no reported save game issues for the 360 at the moment.

to clear this up: I always quit first to the main menu of the game and after that I shut down the system. so this is not the reason why my savegame broke. and all the other ps3 users (watch my linked threads) did the same thing.

Sqorgar

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
to clear this up: I always quit first to the main menu of the game and after that I shut down the system. so this is not the reason why my savegame broke. and all the other ps3 users (watch my linked threads) did the same thing.
Do you play online or single player only? (generally speaking, I've found that things have a lot less problems in single player - like turning the wifi off on the 3DS)

Teknoman

Warnen said:
It doesn't feel broken on the xbox. Picture isn't bleached out, dark is actually dark (had to use the flashlight WTF??), control is great (well if you use a xbox controller on PC its about the same), just feels all around more put together.

It doesnt look that bright to me, but some of the darker areas, you can still see (look at my screenshots earlier to see what I mean). Maybe this is one of those titles where you have to turn the gamma even further down than recommended, because im not having and real overbright problems.

Sqorgar said:
Do you play online or single player only? (generally speaking, I've found that things have a lot less problems in single player - like turning the wifi off on the 3DS)

Single player only. I wanted to play co-op after my first playthrough.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
There's a great game somewhere in here, but the tech is absolutely horrible. Stuttering engine, I just lost a save (PS3 - thank God it was only an hour or so in otherwise I'd be raging pretty fucking hard right now) and it just looks...yeah.

I'd love to see this redone in CE3.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ouch @ the PS3 losing-save thing. Nothing worse than that. This game is just snake-bit.

I'm 5.8 hours into the PC version, 16% done the game tells me. No hiccups, gameplay is smooth as glass. That recent 73.3mb patch on Steam fixed at least the Ripper DLC, it works now. Not sure what else it did.

Crossing my fingers that I don't lose a save...

Sullichin

Ok, so not being able to do anything from the "Game Lobby" Screen except enable Facebook notifications (or whatever) -- Is this by design or a bug (PS3)?

It's beyond annoying to not be able to switch back into single player mode without quitting first. Just having the game run on Playstation Network makes it go slow as hell. But I want to enable PSN when my friends are online.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
My money go to Hard Reset instead of this. Will buy it on Christmas sale when it's fixed. Winter is an RPG time.

So has this unlocked early for anyone else in Australia? For some reason it has unlocked for me despite the store page saying.
Steam said:
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours
I haven't tinkered with any VPN's or anything of the sort, although I did get my key from GMG if that has any relevance. Should I be at all concerned for my account?

eXistor

Loving it so far. You've gotta be able to look past the jank, but if you can you'll have such a blast with this game. It's reminding me a lot of Precursors and White Gold, two open world games with even more jankiness, but also a lot more ambitious than this even.

I know I'm going to play this game, it just may not be for a long time. The quick look in addition to all the footage I've seen looks really fun and interesting. There are way too many complaints for me to want to put money down on a ps3 copy just yet.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Resolution(1680,1050)
Monitor(0)
BPP(24)
FSAA(16)
TexBPP(32)
TextureQuality("High")
Filtering("AnisotropicTrilinear")
Fullscreen()
Shadows("High")
ShadowMapSize(1024)
SpotShadowMapSize(4096)
Lightmaps()
GammaFloat(1.35)
MaxRefresh(60)
MaterialQuality(0)
FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(0)
WaterQuality(0)
GrassQuality(0)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
ShaderPath(3)
DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)

my graphics from config file looks alot better

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dead Island\DI\out\Settings. open note pad and move the video file into notepad. and fiddle with the settings for your liking

Sqorgar

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
Ouch @ the PS3 losing-save thing. Nothing worse than that.
I should also point out that the PS3's save files are copy-locked, so you can't even keep a backup in case of save file corruption (unless you use the PSN Plus cloud service).

Top Bottom