• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island Riptide |OT| More of the same, deal with it

larvi

Yeah, I have a glut of modded weapons, throughout the game I was a modded weapon owning madman

It seems the only option i have in new game is to delete the save or start with a new character. I was able to back up my save, maybe I'll send it in to them so they can see why this sort of thing happens

This is how you start a new game with existing save:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3JWUc2HIE
Basically, choose new game, select character, choose chapter, then choose existing save to copy from.

I started doing every so often when my save got corrupted so I wouldn't lose everything. Also handy for when you "accidently" lose one of your best weapons when crafting ammo and it gets dropped on the floor and you didn't realize until too late.

Karak

The girl and I almost stopped playing because of this. I have never had a FPS bother me before, but we both were getting incredibly nauseous from the boat section.

Ya I hit on it on my review trying to prepare people who do end up experiencing it. Its brutal.

The PC version is fine.

Basically, choose new game, select character, choose chapter, then choose existing save to copy from.

I started doing every so often when my save got corrupted so I wouldn't lose everything. Also handy for when you "accidently" lose one of your best weapons when crafting ammo and it gets dropped on the floor and you didn't realize until too late.

Oh wow, I don't know if the new one has that, but I'm going to check when I get home, thanks for the heads up!

Melchiah

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to do that, when I (hopefully) get the game tomorrow. The one thing gamers shouldn't have to worry about is game saves. It's absurd we have to double save our saves in this age.

MrBS

60% through the game now on PC. Once again Dead Island Helper to the resuce. More of the same bugs and all. The accents seem to be even worse this time around. I didn't think you could improve on the horrible voice acting but Techland pulled out the stops. Love it.

foxdvd

my bud and I are having a bit of a problem with the coop. I read that one of the features now was that enemies are at your level, so when you coop you no longer have to worry about being higher level than your friend. THIS is not happening in our game. I am a bit higher level, and even with my friend hosting, the enemies he is facing are my level, not his.

derFeef

my bud and I are having a bit of a problem with the coop. I read that one of the features now was that enemies are at your level, so when you coop you no longer have to worry about being higher level than your friend. THIS is not happening in our game. I am a bit higher level, and even with my friend hosting, the enemies he is facing are my level, not his.

From what I got told the level is not an indication, he should be able to do "normal" damage.

This epic DLC man

8683403716_4418292379_b.jpg

I mean... when will your fave?

Melchiah

This epic DLC man

Finally got the game, and the T-shirt.

kzqaVAA.jpg

But I didn't get the promised code for that DLC, and had to call the 2€/min. costing customer service of the store. It's still up in the air, when or if I get the code. Like the wait for the European release wasn't enough, now I may have to wait for the DLC code before I can start playing. FTS.

Ricker

Game is great...yeah it has a lot of jank and all,like the first(360)but they added enough of little changes to make it feels a little different,I like the new jump on zombie from the top of stairs or anything that's a little higher from them for a lot of damage and the shop quests to level them up,and the skills that you level up just by using the same type of weapon,etc etc...damn some of the slowdowns when you kill the drowners though...

This epic DLC man

I am curious where this shop is, or how you know you got the XP boost. I put in the code and got the BBQ weapon, but I haven't noticed a new shop and there is no information about a boost being active.

Really, this game is pretty terrible about telling you what is actually going on in the game.

derFeef

Only played like 30 minutes but I can't remember the first game having a "auto-face" if you keep your weapon drawn. The view follows the zombies and I love that, makes analogue combat much better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The jank in this game is absolutely hilarious. From the accents somehow being worse than ever (we're getting close to Men of War style) and monsoons appearing LITERALLY in the blink of an eye, it's pleasant to play to see what kind of broke-ass shit happens next.

I'm enjoying my time, but not how most would

I find it hilarious that they fixed the glitch from the first game where you could hop directly into the driver's seat from the passenger's side (for the American drivers). The one glitch they fixed and it was actually a useful one.

Ricker

The jank in this game is absolutely hilarious. From the accents somehow being worse than ever (we're getting close to Men of War style) and monsoons appearing LITERALLY in the blink of an eye, it's pleasant to play to see what kind of broke-ass shit happens next.

I'm enjoying my time, but not how most would

Yeah I noticed that about the weather change hehe...it's absolutly sunny and just like that,it changes to heavy rain,I was like jesus...also,the one liner your character yells sometimes,coming out of a loading to sidequest is weird,most of the time there is no one around and she screams out a distress call or something...still fun though :p

This may have inadvertently fixed my issue, I started a game this way going straight to the chapter, and lost all my items..all of them..then i went to try to play my save again and my items were gone there too, regardless, i was able to pick up where i left off, i think my excessive duping caused my save issue in the first place, the patch seems to have penalized duping by making them disappear after a short time..long story short, thanks for your input!

I find it hilarious that they fixed the glitch from the first game where you could hop directly into the driver's seat from the passenger's side (for the American drivers). The one glitch they fixed and it was actually a useful one.
that is quite silly, for every step forward they take, they seem to take 4 back >__<

Grumbul

Just had my copy delivered from a certain store that I believe might be banned on GAF (you can't go To their Shop)?

No bloody code inside. Just marvellous.

No offer of any support, just a simple return it for a refund policy.

Just great.

Melchiah

Just had my copy delivered from a certain store that I believe might be banned on GAF (you can't go To their Shop)?

No bloody code inside. Just marvellous.

No offer of any support, just a simple return it for a refund policy.

Just great.

Oh, I'm not the only one. Either they've left it out of the package, or the store hasn't e-mailed it, like they did over here with the code for the first Bioshock, that came along with Bioshock Infinite. It's the first time something like this happens to me.

Grumbul

Oh, I'm not the only one. Either they've left it out of the package, or the store hasn't e-mailed it, like they did over here with the code for the first Bioshock, that came along with Bioshock Infinite. It's the first time something like this happens to me.

A few emails and Twitter exchanges later and they managed to resolve it for me.

I have to say the level of customer service I received after my initial concerns were addressed was second to none.

It was actually Igor Cipolletta (CEO) who managed to resolve the issue after some communications with Koch Media.

Stunning level of support in this day and age.

Melchiah

A few emails and Twitter exchanges later and they managed to resolve it for me.

I have to say the level of customer service I received after my initial concerns were addressed was second to none.

It was actually Igor Cipolletta (CEO) who managed to resolve the issue after some communications with Koch Media.

Stunning level of support in this day and age.

Straight from the publisher? I guess I could try to contact them as well, as the store seems to do nothing about it. Could you PM the e-mail adress to me?

Archer

Dead Island 1 was awesome. Bought it for both PS3 and PC.

Bought Dead Island Riptide, about to thrown down some ownage.

Can't wait.

Played 10pm-6am last night. Been a while since I pulled an 'all nighter'.
Game is loads of fun, esp 4-player coop with friends.
Seen a little jank, but nothing game-breaking, while imo the game has lots of polish too.

Anyone know if there's more to the game than the starting map?

Played 10pm-6am last night. Been a while since I pulled an 'all nighter'.
Game is loads of fun, esp 4-player coop with friends.
Seen a little jank, but nothing game-breaking, while imo the game has lots of polish too.

Anyone know if there's more to the game than the starting map?

Yep. Two big maps and then a few much smaller ones.

Grumbul

Anyone else playing with controller on PC?

I can't quite put my finger on it but the game feels a little "jerky" at times.

Everything seems to run very smoothly but the movement of the character just doesn't quite sit right with me.

El_Chino

Anyone else playing with controller on PC?

I can't quite put my finger on it but the game feels a little "jerky" at times.

Everything seems to run very smoothly but the movement of the character just doesn't quite sit right with me.

That's just the game, it was the same movement "feeling" in the original.

Can you remove the HUD on the console versions? I'm thinking specifically of the health bar. It was a nightmare on the old game with my plasma TV (Panasonic before anyone says buy a decent plasma tv :) ) Thanks.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Just got my Amazon UK Steelbook/box version - art on it is way better than the normal version.

Oddly though, the Steelbook comes bundled with the normal DVD box and copy, so now I have two boxes.

Yerolo

Does anyone else have the issue of when going into the inventory screens etc and then returning back in-game, the currently equipped weapon changes to a random weapon in your quick weapon slot ?

Happens to me every single time I come back out of the screens. Every ... single.... time

So frustrating.

Note PC version

Produce

Played just over 10 hours [PS3], and I can only describe Dead Island: Riptide as Zombi 3 to Dead Island's Zombi 2. Lucky I like Zombi 3.

The 55mb patch seems to have improved the shitty frame rate I was having in Halai Village.

I finished the first DI today, the ending was so sudden. It kind of sucks that they do not let you go through the island and continue to level up and finish up any tasks that were never completed. I finished on level 42 which is not too bad and look forward for when Riptide hits a nice sale price on Steam or GMG so I can continue on with my character.

Bought the 360 version earlier today. I was going to purchase it for PS3 but then I read the DF article.

Fun game so far btw! I was split between Injustice and this but ultimately picked DI:R because it was $10 bucks cheaper :p

As much as I would like to say that what EG says is not true, but it is. The game is awful on PS3, it is a little better after yesterday's patch.

This game needs more fixes, not only did they not learn from their mistakes, but also released a more broken game.

Anyway, my PS3 ID is S3ud1971 if anyone's interested in joining.

Top Bottom