• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

That may take months for them to do the swaps. Also depends on what TN does when they add online, they could change some things to stop the mods. It will come in due time. GGs to all who where in the lobby.

Fess

If you haven't already you should drop in the DOA5 Modding Thread some time. Mechanical Snowman, Bayonetta, I and some others have made some pretty nice SFW mods. Some slightly NSFW ones (blood mod lol) as well, but mostly SFW and not hellbent on just showing boobies.
Oh wow now we're talking! And great work with the black window Christie mod, that's the one I was talking about.

Is there any way to lock down certain costumes for the AI characters too? Maybe editing some ini-file? Would be awesome to have some of those redesigned costumes as the default costumes.

Eolz

This is the only FG thread that basically contains no discussion about playing the game :/

Just like on /v/...
It's another re-release with nearly no differences in terms of gameplay from Ultimate. We discuss gameplay whenever people ask for it and/or need it, just look in the previous pages.
Guides exist, combos videos too, game has a really in-depth tutorial and training modes to get better, lobbies are made nearly every night (newcomers & pros alike welcome), etc.

We just talked about a cosmetic DLC pack because that's the most recent news.
Don't worry that whenever DOA6 is announced, there'll be tons of speculation and gameplay discussions, just like there was a ton when there was the post-buy survey from KT that we discussed here.

Fake edit: any question about the gameplay?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Why does DOA do thousands of direction changes for moves when a simple PPK or whatever will beat out doing those fancy moves most of the time at a lower level?

(This is an honest question, I don't know why I should do command training when P/K/H/T simply will do instead of 360/180's or shit like http://i.imgur.com/5P18g6U.png <---That.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is the only FG thread that basically contains no discussion about playing the game :/

Ehhh there is people posting links to streams and arrange to play together? What is the problem? There is fan service talk as there is gameplay talk and you can see people talk about the game on older pages. This game is the 3rd release of DOA5 so not a lot of new will happen about the gameplay if you think about it as the gameplay mechanics are mostly tightened up from the previous games. Still you see everyday someone (usually Shin) making a lobby where you can see from amateur players to professional players playing in there.

People comment on the changes from the previous versions but once you adjust is there much to discuss gameplaywise when you have been playing the game for 2 years going close to 3? Pretty much most of the people posting here were in DOA5 Vanilla OT and Ultimate OT so we kinda know what each other tends to think of the gameplay mechanics and what needs to be fixed and what not. Things as DOA6 has been discussed, people wanting more casual outfits to be more friendly for the people who want less fan service. We are a welcoming community and guide people who want to learn if they ask us for help and we quickly link them stuff they might need in order get up to date on the game. Not every community will be the same and when the game is basically a re-release not a whole lot of new information will come out of it. We do talk about changes when patches come out if something changes dramatically.

If you got any questions or anything you would like to discuss just go at it and we will answer back or respond so don't be shy if needing help with anything.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yes, how do I Mila?

Theres tonnes of info on combos, but nothing as actual gameplay I can find. Anything like top 10 moves, strats would be useful as hell. does she have lows worth a damn?

Wasn't meant to be a dig, I've just seen much a focus on costumes in here, which I guess is what the developers were kind of after

Eolz

Why does DOA do thousands of direction changes for moves when a simple PPK or whatever will beat out doing those fancy moves most of the time at a lower level?

(This is an honest question, I don't know why I should do command training when P/K/H/T simply will do instead of 360/180's or shit like http://i.imgur.com/5P18g6U.png <---That.

There's two different questions here imo:
-"why I should do command training"?
-Why should I do fancy moves when simple ones will be great/better most of the time at a non-competitive level?

They somewhat tie in afterwards, but:
-Command training is extremely useful for the characters you're maining. If you can't do 2-3 moves, sure, skip them (and try them again later).
Otherwise, knowing those moves are important to know how to get out of some situations (expert holds for example, which move can be fast enough to get some priority, etc) and to beat some opponents' strategies. Some of those moves are obviously extremely situational, but that's why they are useful. So you don't button mash to win (you can do it, but only to a degree :p)
-This one is a bit more complicated and I'm sure some better than me will be able to answer this.
If you can place them, they are usually way more powerful. They are usually throws, but can be some precise combos or moves (like Sarah using stepping), and can be helpful as difficult to counter and predict.
Basic moves/combos are great but can become pretty predictable or leaving you open to anything after someone blocked you entirely. They're basically useful for opening, but breaking them to use something more complex is what is allowing you to really beat mentally your opponent.

In my opinion of course. I'm sure some here (and other places) can give a better one about this.

Yes, how do I Mila?

Theres tonnes of info on combos, but nothing as actual gameplay I can find. Anything like top 10 moves, strats would be useful as hell. does she have lows worth a damn?

Wasn't meant to be a dig, I've just seen much a focus on costumes in here, which I guess is what the developers were kind of after

I'm not a big Mila player (really liked her in the past in tag teams, but stopped playing to focus on other characters), but she's a pretty fast character at close range.
Use her big kick and throw to create openings and/or push back the opponent, use feints and takedowns whenever you can, and know the limit of your combos (don't make them too long, Mila can be predictable with too many punches, etc). Main problem is that she's not strong at long range and can have some problems with other fast opponents at mid range. Don't remember having her good lows, takedowns (and feinted takedowns) are there for that.

No problem for the post. Hope someone will come in soon to reply better to the Mila question
outside of "why does she have so many bad costumes?"

Dantis

I love that three of the costume packs in the ridiculously expensive season pass are the same three or four outfits pasted across the characters. And it's not like all the characters even get all the costumes, it's one each.

Team Ninja are becoming the worst.

ShinMaruku

Those command throws are unbreakable when done right, also they do crazy damage. Also there comes a point where you can do these input right in people's recovery frames or when you bait out a counter. Those moves are just there for a higher level.

For example I was fighting people with Alpha last night and I baited hold and inputted 236236T which is B.U.R.S.T and hit and took 70% life because it's the hardest hitting move on high counter critical damage. I took a 40% move and turned it into a 70%. That is why these moves have some stupid inputs. You also have for all versions of Misty 236T which I try to nail people with so I can do 4p 6pkk dunk. That's a 40% life combo off that throw.

And as for discussion about the game over costumes, understand the other fg topics are either games that have not come out and people are speculating or they are talking about drama over matches. This game's drama comes over outfits. This developer has proven that smut and good game play are not mutually exclusive. Hell in ninja gaiden black the cat fiends had double Ds and were creepy as all hell and Ayane was 14 lookin like
235307-doa1.jpg

People just simply have to ask about systems and the gameplay discussion will come.

Demoskinos

Can't wait to put Ninja Christie and Rachel through thier paces tonight. And shin don't be a bum and download the catalog this time. :p

It's more a topless mod tbh. And it's not just her. Ayane, Momiji, Honoka. They all got their nips out. The nips look weird on Marie though. Need to be further apart.

I just saw a Marie Rose mod where her whole outfit is transparent - top and bottom. I think the nip placement is better here too. There is another one where she is completely topless with dark hair and rabbit ears. Im not looking for MR mods BTW. She just seems to be popular on this site I stumbled upon.
I also saw a pretty good topless mod on Phase 4's lab experiment outfit. This is probably my favorite NSFW mod so far.
I dont even own the PC version yet, so Im just judging from still photos.

Edit: Just saw a really nice NSFW edit on Rachels Halloween skeleton bodysuit too.

I just saw a Marie Rose mod where her whole outfit is transparent - top and bottom. I think the nip placement is better here too. There is another one where she is completely topless with dark hair and rabbit ears. Im not looking for MR mods BTW. She just seems to be popular on this site I stumbled upon.
I also saw a pretty good topless mod on Phase 4's lab experiment outfit. This is probably my favorite NSFW mod so far.

Edit: Just saw a really nice NSFW edit on Rachels Halloween skeleton bodysuit too.

PM me these please :)

Demoskinos

I...need to see this... *ahem*

ShinMaruku

I know some of the people on these mods. It's great. You won't be seeing swaps form them for a while though. Right now they are trying to make wet mods.
Your imagination will bring you places

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Those command throws are unbreakable when done right, also they do crazy damage. Also there comes a point where you can do these input right in people's recovery frames or when you bait out a counter. Those moves are just there for a higher level.

For example I was fighting people with Alpha last night and I baited hold and inputted 236236T which is B.U.R.S.T and hit and took 70% life because it's the hardest hitting move on high counter critical damage. I took a 40% move and turned it into a 70%. That is why these moves have some stupid inputs. You also have for all versions of Misty 236T which I try to nail people with so I can do 4p 6pkk dunk. That's a 40% life combo off that throw

I guess. It just seems more practical to stick with Punch Kick and Holds over stuff like the Izuna Drop.

Eolz

Really fun lobby at the end, even if I came in a bit late.
Saved 2 videos but too late to upload them now.

Spuck-uk

Banned
So, nobody knows much of anything about Mila?

The other sites I looks at kinda drew a blank as well, how about Tina? I'm a sucker for some prowrasslin, and she has at least one outfit that isn't eye rolling fanservice.

Top Bottom