• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hackworth

I keep forgetting to check Steam when I have a connection that doesn't block it, so I figured I'd ask here: does the PC version have online yet?

Eolz

Well, it's in the beta, but it's so unstable that it's not worth it.
Just wait for the next time there's a sale

Delayed inputs would be from lag. I definitely felt it, too.

The second session was better, I thought, and you played better in many parts. It's just watching out for holding/blocking too much, because they're easily punishable by throws.

I only saved one of our matches, but I'm uploading. Might help you see what you're doing wrong. Hitting the sack now, but it will be uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuHKNgj5dY

I prefer to play in first-to-3-round fights, rather than 2, personally. We will play again soon, and when Shin's back on GAF (think he said the 21st), we'll defo do GAF lobbies and tournies again. You'll learn a lot and get better playing with us guys in lobbies!

Good games, anyway. I needed to get back into the game, so was good to get used to Kas and some other characters again. Still need to go back to learn some stuff with others.

LegendX48

Delayed inputs would be from lag. I definitely felt it, too.

The second session was better, I thought, and you played better in many parts. It's just watching out for holding/blocking too much, because they're easily punishable by throws.

I only saved one of our matches, but I'm uploading. Might help you see what you're doing wrong. Hitting the sack now, but it will be uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuHKNgj5dY

I prefer to play in best of 3 fights, rather than best of 2, personally. We will play again soon, and when Shin's back on GAF (think he said the 21st), we'll defo do GAF lobbies and tournies again. You'll learn a lot and get better playing with us guys in lobbies!

Good games, anyway. I needed to get back into the game, so was good to get used to Kas and some other characters again. Still need to go back to learn some stuff with others.

I set it to 2 rounds just to get things moving a bit quicker. Anywho, watching that replay, so many unintentional hold attempts and failed attempts to get some pokes in, Mila doesn't have the speed to get a safe poke in and I can't do much when people get up close as they have the advantage at that point. That and I have never been able to break out of throws in any fighter, it's like a curse lol

Beyond that, I'm just struggling in general. I'm not sure if it's me being bad, Mila and her limitations, or a combination. Either way it's just frustrating.

Kuksune

Do you have a "gaming mode" on your TV/monitor? With it on it can eliminate a little more lag. And always play wired, there's cables that are pretty long like 5M-10M and they shouldn't be too expensive.

Anyway, i'm getting a new apartment this week so i can maybe play some DOA this weekend. :)

LegendX48

Do you have a "gaming mode" on your TV/monitor? With it on it can eliminate a little more lag. And always play wired, there's cables that are pretty long like 5M-10M and they shouldn't be too expensive.

Anyway, i'm getting a new apartment this week so i can maybe play some DOA this weekend. :)
Yeah, have my TV set up that way. Don't have the option for wired, least not without moving stuff around.

Hubb

Kwiggle
wins. Some good matches, bunch of different characters played, and the final match wasn't a stomp.

Hubb

Alright they are up on PSN too (probably were before as well). Costumes don't break by the way. I know it wasn't in the video, but they are charging the same price for the costumes that do break. Unless I am mistaken the last few sets all had costume breaks. Might be wrong about that because I haven't been keeping up besides checking out the teasers though.

Yep, the Deception and Tamiki costumes did break. Fireworks summer ones didn't, but they were priced the normal/lower price.

Bit naughty to charge extra for these, but I guess it's because it's a collab. Not that that should make any difference.

Numb

Need Lisa tutorials and tourny player footage who main her so i know what the hell i'm doing.
Mostly players who main her. New and learn fastest by watching.

Top Bottom