• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

The online in every version of this game is dogshit. It's not just you by any means.

Not true at all. I've had some great matches in LR, of course it depends on each players connection. Could LR be better? Yeah. Is it dogshit? Not in my experience.

LegendX48

Hmm, may have to try moving my ps4 closer to my router and see how it goes then. Now if only I could win at least one ranked and unranked match. Lost like 16 in a row @_@

Slightly off-topic, but seeing R. Mika pulling off wrestling moves made me fall in love with Tina again.

Man, I wish the PC version of this game was given more love from KT. I'd be all over it like Rocket League.

Squire

Banned
Not true at all. I've had some great matches in LR, of course it depends on each players connection. Could LR be better? Yeah. Is it dogshit? Not in my experience.

At all? Come on, man.

It's bad. How about that? It's bad and it's fucking garbage compared to the competition. But I guess congrats to you for having some OK matches???

Hubb

At all? Come on, man.

It's bad. How about that? It's bad and it's fucking garbage compared to the competition. But I guess congrats to you for having some OK matches???

Well I went back to the early impressions from the OT to make sure I wasn't crazy. Seems like I am not the only person who thinks it is better than it was before. Maybe I am too used to vanilla DOA5, but LR feels a lot better than me. No need be an ass in your posts though, not sure if it is intentional or not.

Anastasia

At all? Come on, man.

I've had plenty of smooth matches playing online. I've had laggy ones too, but I wouldn't call the online bad. Like Hubb said it really depends on who you're playing with.

LegendX48

Moved my ps4 to the same room as my router and each match was pretty great, save for the part where I was consistently destroyed, but great >.>

i'll get out of the woods and say that the online of LR is far from being dogshit.
Still some problem but smooth most of the time. never had to drop combos or feel like the game doesn't perform as expected. it's much better than before ..no doubt about that

*get back in the woods in hiding*

NoKisum

What's the likelihood of Team Ninja releasing a "GOTY/Definitive Edition" of the game? I've been wanting to get into it, but these DLC prices are fucking ridiculous.

What's the likelihood of Team Ninja releasing a "GOTY/Definitive Edition" of the game? I've been wanting to get into it, but these DLC prices are fucking ridiculous.

This is IT

DOA5 then DOA5 ultimate then DOA5 Last round

^^^you can't get a more definitive version than that.They have already released the same game with plenty of tweaks twice..if you're waiting at this point , then there , like no point to get the game at all.

The only exception is USF4 , but the circumstances are way different for this franchise.

Kuksune

The shitstorm that would ensue by the fans isn't worth it. It would really damage the relation with the fans if TN/Tecmo released a "definitive edition" now, especially after 4 retail versions of the same game and 2 very expensive season passes.

And if you want to get into DOA then just do it. Learn a few characters and THEN decide if you want to spend money on DLC. There is a free version which include 4 good characters, i suggest you start there :)

And if you want to get into DOA then just do it. Learn a few characters and THEN decide if you want to spend money on DLC. There is a free version which include 4 good characters, i suggest you start there :)

This.

I keep telling as many people I know to download DOA5. There's no harm in trying it, since it's FREE.

Eolz

This time it's over, even with the new character next year.
To be fair, there's a lot of content in the base game already (on sale on EU PSN right now for pretty cheap or elsewhere).

Squire

Banned
The shitstorm that would ensue by the fans isn't worth it. It would really damage the relation with the fans if TN/Tecmo released a "definitive edition" now, especially after 4 retail versions of the same game and 2 very expensive season passes.

LOL, nobody gives a shit about fans. TN is already taking advantage of them with every piece of cheap-looking DLC they release.

They're not gonna do it because of all the money they'd be giving away. Bundling huhdreds of dollars of content into a $60 package makes zero sense. They could sell it for $100 and it wouldn't make sense. The game is on the same level as Rock Band in that way. Just waaaaaay too much content to try and sell it all in a single package.

NoKisum

This is IT

DOA5 then DOA5 ultimate then DOA5 Last round

^^^you can't get a more definitive version than that.They have already released the same game with plenty of tweaks twice..if you're waiting at this point , then there , like no point to get the game at all.

The only exception is USF4 , but the circumstances are way different for this franchise.

Damn, that's a real shame. Plans for purchasing a PS4 got pushed back due to bigger financial issues, and I didn't want to get stuck with the lousy unoptimized PC version (unless a "definitive" version finally gave us all its missing features). It's starting to sound like I'll just have to sit this one out.

Hubb

Damn, that's a real shame. Plans for purchasing a PS4 got pushed back due to bigger financial issues, and I didn't want to get stuck with the lousy unoptimized PC version (unless a "definitive" version finally gave us all its missing features). It's starting to sound like I'll just have to sit this one out.

Well I don't consider all the missing DLC features, but you could just play the F2P version on the PS3 if you are in need of something to do. I'm playing the F2P version on PS4 and I've only bought 1 character for it so far.

NoKisum

Well I don't consider all the missing DLC features, but you could just play the F2P version on the PS3 if you are in need of something to do. I'm playing the F2P version on PS4 and I've only bought 1 character for it so far.

By missing features, I'm referring to the omission of select stages, Soft Engine, tearaway clothing, and of course online play. A "definitive" version with those added back in for PC would be what I'm looking for (I would gladly spend money for costumes if each one didn't cost more than the game itself). But if it's too much for Koei Tecmo to handle, then I guess I'll just stick with giving the F2P version a shot.

Hubb

By missing features, I'm referring to the omission of select stages, Soft Engine, tearaway clothing, and of course online play. A "definitive" version with those added back in for PC would be what I'm looking for (I would gladly spend money for costumes if each one didn't cost more than the game itself). But if it's too much for Koei Tecmo to handle, then I guess I'll just stick with giving the F2P version a shot.

Didn't realize you were talking about the PC version, thought you meant the PS4 for the definite version. I still don't think they are going to do anything much more than they have to the PC version. They'll take whatever money they can get from it, and we can only hope DOA6 has a better PC showing.

LegendX48

I don't even know why I put up with the online. 33 fights and only 4 wins and each of those 4 was blind stinking luck or some poor sap in similar shoes feeling my hateful vengeance >.>

Been trying to learn Mila and the only thing I've been learning is that she's slow and terrible. Everyone can easily get a free punch in whenever they want but the moment I try I get immediately punished, comboed and totally destroyed -_-

Eolz

Don't give up! She's actually pretty good in some situations (remember, tiers don't matter in DOA), but you might have some bad habits (with her or not).
Just don't play long range with her :p

LegendX48

That's what I keep seeing. She's nothing but high punches while everyone is mid/low kicks and it's just frustrating, especially combined with the lag.

Hubb

That's what I keep seeing. She's nothing but high punches while everyone is mid/low kicks and it's just frustrating, especially combined with the lag.

I haven't played DOA5 in a long time so I am really rusty. I wouldn't mind having a regular sparring partner, what time do you normally play? And don't worry, I was never good at the game.

LegendX48

Nyotengu is, without a doubt, my worst match up. I kinda have a vague idea of the other characters when I play against them but even when the player isn't that great, or doing much, I just can't do a thing against Nyotengu lol It's just total randomness and that ranged move that I can't block or dodge

I haven't played DOA5 in a long time so I am really rusty. I wouldn't mind having a regular sparring partner, what time do you normally play? And don't worry, I was never good at the game.

I kinda play at random times but generally in the evening (PST time zone if that's important)

Hubb

I kinda play at random times but generally in the evening (PST time zone if that's important)

Yeah, I'm on the East coast. I play around 7-10 ET during the week and the weekends are pretty much any time I'm not doing anything. Not sure if 7-10 falls around the time you play, it really depends how tired I am. Sometimes I stay up till 11-11:30, sometimes I get home from work a little early.

LegendX48

Yeah, I'm on the East coast. I play around 7-10 ET during the week and the weekends are pretty much any time I'm not doing anything. Not sure if 7-10 falls around the time you play, it really depends how tired I am. Sometimes I stay up till 11-11:30, sometimes I get home from work a little early.

I think that should line up pretty well. I play on PS4, id is MrUnfortunate

LegendX48

And now my internet died -_-

edit: Sorry about the way those matches ended. I can move my ps4 closer to the router next time which should help with the lag. You don't seem that rusty, that or I'm just that bad lol

Also, I hate Marie Rose now ._.

Hubb

And now my internet died -_-

edit: Sorry about the way those matches ended. I can move my ps4 closer to the router next time which should help with the lag. You don't seem that rusty, that or I'm just that bad lol

Also, I hate Marie Rose now ._.

All good, I figured that is what happened, hopefully you got my message about me going to bed. I think a lot of it was the lag (not way to know how bad it was on your end), but you'll get it sooner than later. There was a lot you can punish me for, it is just hard to tell you when/how when I have to type it over a PSN message >< .

The biggest thing is catching my low punch attack that ducks under your punches. Once you see the combos I do over and over you'll have a better idea how to shut me down. I'm down to play again, specially if you can move it a little closer to the router.

Was the lag better for you when I hosted or when you did? It was still pretty bad when I did, but it felt a little better for me. Not sure if that translated over to you or not, or if it just helped me combo better.

LegendX48

All good, I figured that is what happened, hopefully you got my message about me going to bed. I think a lot of it was the lag (not way to know how bad it was on your end), but you'll get it sooner than later. There was a lot you can punish me for, it is just hard to tell you when/how when I have to type it over a PSN message >< .

The biggest thing is catching my low punch attack that ducks under your punches. Once you see the combos I do over and over you'll have a better idea how to shut me down. I'm down to play again, specially if you can move it a little closer to the router.

Was the lag better for you when I hosted or when you did? It was still pretty bad when I did, but it felt a little better for me. Not sure if that translated over to you or not, or if it just helped me combo better.

the first round was definitely better but after that it kinda just went back to how it was when I hosted. That aside, I have trouble against every character in this game because they all do low/mid attacks and they do them quickly and without any real breaks in between. Managed to get back up and running a while after our matches last night and jumped into practice and found one of mila's kicks is kind of safe to use, as well as a couple things that can kind of throw Marie off but they aren't safe, seem fairly predictable and just leads straight into her usual high attacks.

Legend, add me. It might be badly laggy, and if it is, we can pack it up, but I'd be interesting in giving you some games. (PSN: Azuardo)

Top Bottom