• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

I have been remiss in the gaf lobby because my house is under renovations so I never had scratch to buy plus until fairly soon. Now that the house is back in order and is probably worth 20,000 dollars more I like the changes.

I may have a small little stream up with some DOA people and will try to hash out the bullshit Hayashi said.

Eolz

Oh, that might be fun. Hope you'll still do some earlier lobbies like before, harder for me since I have a job again :p

ShinMaruku

Lobby set up will be the same like before. Hell I might be expanding since I have things going on and I need to make my stream work for me more.

Demoskinos

Don't make me join thee
Its okay if your scared Shin. ;D

I was worried you two would think that lol. I fucked myself up on a few occasions by not continuing combos or bursts lol. New controller is highly sensitive :p

Ha. Its all good. On a high note I think this is the first time It didn't feel like a slideshow playing you. Also what controller you rocking?

I've got a Hori Fight Commander.

What, cause you beat me more or cause I didn't use Kasumi so much? XD

I like trying others out, but I just totally forget how to use most of them. I would love to get better with Marie and Hitomi, and Leifang is awesome to use too.

Oh and just a DualShock 4 haha. Bought a white one the other week.

Anastasia

I was worried you two would think that lol. I fucked myself up on a few occasions by not continuing combos or bursts lol. New controller is highly sensitive :p

I thought you were just joking around so I taunted back lol. I like taunting though. :p

What, cause you beat me more or cause I didn't use Kasumi so much? XD

I like trying others out, but I just totally forget how to use most of them. I would love to get better with Marie and Hitomi, and Leifang is awesome to use too.

Oh and just a DualShock 4 haha. Bought a white one the other week.

I feel like I was slowly getting better with Hitomi as we were playing, and then I had to go. ;_; I'm going to practice with Helena too. I like her speed and how she mixes up her attacks.

I thought you were just joking around so I taunted back lol. I like taunting though. :p
With your matches I did taunt at the start on purpose for fun XD Mid-match when I mess my own combos up, though? Accidental lol.

I feel like I was slowly getting better with Hitomi as we were playing, and then I had to go. ;_; I'm going to practice with Helena too. I like her speed and how she mixes up her attacks.
You did get better as time went on. I think we were all pretty rusty, though :L

Anastasia

With your matches I did taunt at the start on purpose for fun XD Mid-match when I mess my own combos up, though? Accidental lol.

You did get better as time went on. I think we were all pretty rusty, though :L

Oh okay that makes sense. :p Yeah I can see that being a problem, haha.

Thanks! I started to feel better a couple matches in. Wish I could have stuck around longer.

Luckily rust shakes off pretty quickly. I am almost back to where I was after 40 mins playing.

One of the things I really like about DoA (not that I'm a fighting game expert or anything lol) is that you don't have to know lots of intricate combos and stuff to do well or have fun playing, so it's pretty easy to jump back into.

LegendX48

So I picked this game up today and I'm liking it but playing it with the DS4 hurts my hand. It seems like it's not compatible with my PS3 fightsticks so I was wondering what's a good, cheaper, alternative, if anything, that you guys would recommend? Don't have the money for a new fightstick at the moment >.>

Hubb

So I picked this game up today and I'm liking it but playing it with the DS4 hurts my hand. It seems like it's not compatible with my PS3 fightsticks so I was wondering what's a good, cheaper, alternative, if anything, that you guys would recommend? Don't have the money for a new fightstick at the moment >.>

I don't think there are any cheaper fighting sticks out for PS4 right now. If you are ok with fightpads that might be the best way to go. I don't have a lot of experience with fightpads, but this one seems to be ok:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKLFES8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hopefully someone else can give you better advice.

LegendX48

I don't think there are any cheaper fighting sticks out for PS4 right now. If you are ok with fightpads that might be the best way to go. I don't have a lot of experience with fightpads, but this one seems to be ok:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKLFES8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hopefully someone else can give you better advice.

I was actually looking at that earlier. I'll probably pick it up in a few weeks as I won't be able to afford a new stick for at least another month.

Hubb

Leifang is free this week on the F2P version. Also some costumes are on sale, seems like a really small selection though.

EDIT: Free to download, not just on rotation.

Vade

Leifang is free this week on the F2P version. Also some costumes are on sale, seems like a really small selection though.

EDIT: Free to download, not just on rotation.

Always be ready to build that collection if you are playing the the F2P. I think Hitomi was free along with Kokoro during Christmas last year.

Hubb

Always be ready to build that collection if you are playing the the F2P. I think Hitomi was free along with Kokoro during Christmas last year.

Yep, that's what I am doing. Mila was free too and I think I have at least 1 more I nabbed for free. I want to say Jan Lee but I'm not 100% and can't check atm.

Hubb

Yep, Jann Lee was a freebie. Great collection you've amassed on those alone.

Yeah it has helped me not pick the game up at retail. If it ever hovers around the 15$ mark I'll get it, but the only person I want that I don't have access to is Helena. Hoping they throw her out for free sooner than later.

The only thing I really miss out on is the trophies which I really don't care about.

Top Bottom