• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Even though the visual improvement is overall a disappointment, I am actually really liking the new hit sparks on some of the stages.

"Anyone know what's preferred more - single or tag?" Someone I know on Facebook asked that, so I was wondering if I could get an answer around here. I usually played single in Ultimate, but did do tag with a friend sometimes.

Single all the way for me. I can't get into tag games or modes at all. The only game to break that trend for me SFxTK.

I've only had one crash in Core Fighters on Xbox One, and I've played several hours since Saturday night.

Anyway, I updated my Ultimate disc earlier on PlayStation 3, and I plan to just stick to that and Core Fighters on Xbox One for now.

Most people like singles. I love tag myself.

I love playing tag, too. I used to play tag a lot locally in 2 (Hardcore and Ultimate), 3, and 4. I still have all of the games, just no one to play with at the moment, since I moved. :/

Single all the way for me. I can't get into tag games or modes at all. The only game to break that trend for me SFxTK.

Someone else likes Street Fighter X Tekken?!

My apologies if this has been said already but do I have to do a different difficulty to unlock a person's costume like in vanilla doa5? Any tips on how to speed this process up would be appreciated.

Skilletor

My apologies if this has been said already but do I have to do a different difficulty to unlock a person's costume like in vanilla doa5? Any tips on how to speed this process up would be appreciated.

Nope, same difficulty is fine.

Do tag mode, easy. You'll unlock an outfit for each character.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Do Arcade on Tag Mode which is more faster to do.

thelastword

Banned
I don't think network issues and crashes have anything to do with PS360 versions still existing. /shrug
It's simple really, try to fix the problems of the 360/PS3 versions in the new gen versions, instead of porting the game to all consoles with the same issues existing still.

Skilletor said:
I'm not a developer or whatever. Not a publisher. Don't really care about that. I just know quite a few people who don't want to move on to PS4 or XB1 yet, don't want to buy new sticks, don't want to pay for online, etc, and see no reason that they shouldn't be able to play DoA5LR, when there's really nothing new aside from a couple characters, outfits, and stages.
If there's nothing new really, I don't see the big issue. They could continue to play ultimate and not miss out on much anyway. In any case 360 owners may not buy new sticks, but they still have to pay for online, which brings me to the question, how many persons will really bother with LR on the 360/PS3 when they've had several versions of the same game already? It just does not make sense for Tecmo to have wasted the effort, just for a few die-hards who have not upgraded to the newer systems. I'm not against you if you're one of those players, I'm just saying that the PS4/XBONE versions should have been prioritized a bit more, even if it meant forgetting about these last gen versions.

Skilletor said:
I also would rather they didn't waste too much time on what is now the 4th version of a 3 year old game making it shinier for a new generation. I'd rather they spent that time on DoA6.
The PS4/XBONE had no DOA, PS3/360 has a tonne of DOA. If they'd didn't bother with LR on the last gen consoles the time which they spent on all this would have bared better fruit in the final product.

Also, I'm sure they're working on DOA6 and NG4, which is strange why they would not just use the time to get more familiar with the new gen systems by doing a competent port there.

Skilletor

It's simple really, try to fix the problems of the 360/PS3 versions in the new gen versions, instead of porting the game to all consoles with the same issues existing still.

If there's nothing new really, I don't see the big issue. They could continue to play ultimate and not miss out on much anyway. In any case 360 owners may not buy new sticks, but they still have to play online, which brings me to the question, how many persons will really bother with LR on the 360/PS3 when they've had several versions of the same game already. It just does not make sense for Tecmo to have wasted the effort just for a few die-hards who have not upgrade to the newer systems. I'm not against you if you're one of those players, I'm just saying that the PS4/XBONE versions should have been prioritized a bit more, even if it meant forgetting about these last gen versions.

The PS4/XBONE had no DOA, PS3/360 has a tonne of DOA. If they'd didn't bother with LR on the last gen consoles the time they which they spent on all this would have bared better fruit in the final product.

Also, I'm sure they're working DOA6 and NG4, which is strange why they would not just use the time to get more familiar with the new gen systems by doing a competent port there.

Dunno, man, you're making a bunch of assumptions I care nothing about since there's no way to know.

/me goes back to enjoying Last Round

Hubb

Well stuck for the next 2 hours downloading this game. Looks like I wont get much time to do anything tonight.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need to adjust to the new Kokoro. Multiple things I used work differently so its like learning a new game. Some links were killed and needing to look what works fine with it his being a bit of a pain in the ass.

DualEdge

Man I don't know what's going on here. PS4 version, both times I tried to start arcade mode--once with throwdowns enabled, once disabled--the game immediately crashed as soon as I picked my character.

I try doing training instead, and it worked. So, I exit to go back to main menu, and the spinning icon in the bottom right hand corner for saving has been spinning for five fucking minutes. Why is this shit happening?

Having the same issue with arcade mode here. Story mode matches are working though.

AlStrong

Hey, don't set your standards so low. A next gen port should not look the exact same as a last gen game even if it's a basic up-port. These games were already 720 60fps.

They were using a dynamic resolution on PS360. In the character selection screen they threw on 2xMSAA IIRC. But yeah, for a game that was running at ~60fps in most situations... the jump in GPU power in either consoles should be much more than enough for 1080p60. Cost of MSAA or post-AA shouldn't be particularly high given the simple renderer they employ.

From DOA2U to DOA4, they were doing 3x the pixels, 2xMSAA, and some fairly 'standard' texture filtering for the first time (Team Ninja has this bizarre fetish for point filtering in all other titles). The rest was largely the same in terms of rendering tech, but it was also a fairly short time between DOA2U and DOA4 (just over a year).

Pretty disappointing.

Pimpbaa

Breast jiggle has definitly been improved using the "LR" option in the settings. But you really only get to appreciate it if you have the ps4 and use the controller to bounce the breasts post match. Also while studying this new feature up close I've noticed a definite improvement in textures on costumes and skin.

Xbone version crashes everytime I try and search now and I can't connect on psn. Why is this so difficult.

Not sure if you saw it, but turn off throwdowns (decline) and it behaves much better. Still, the xbone version is a POS. Was never ready to release. Not sure what they were thinking other than we're making that date, no matter what.

czarship

So I'm one of those idiots who owns all costumes for DOA5U. Currently, the costume sets in the store for DOA5LR are priced while each individual costume is listed as "Free" for me. Does this mean I have to add costumes to the cart individually to unlock them on the PS4? If true, I suppose this my just deserts.

Also, the PlayStation Store cart has a limit of 10 items per checkout.

Edit: Post #666 :(

LowParry

Breast jiggle has definitly been improved using the "LR" option in the settings. But you really only get to appreciate it if you have the ps4 and use the controller to bounce the breasts post match. Also while studying this new feature up close I've noticed a definite improvement in textures on costumes and skin.

Winning / losing poses are noticeably......jiggle better.

FHIZ

Well stuck for the next 2 hours downloading this game. Looks like I wont get much time to do anything tonight.

I had luck pausing and unpausing the download a couple times and it it speed up to an acceptable download speed.

That is, assuming you're on PS4.

mekes

Ordered. The more fighters the merrier.

Nice OT too, thank you Bayonetta! Will check the tutorial vid :)

thelastword

Banned
They were using a dynamic resolution on PS360. In the character selection screen they threw on 2xMSAA IIRC. But yeah, for a game that was running at ~60fps in most situations... the jump in GPU power in either consoles should be much more than enough for 1080p60. Cost of MSAA or post-AA shouldn't be particularly high given the simple renderer they employ.

From DOA2U to DOA4, they were doing 3x the pixels, 2xMSAA, and some fairly 'standard' texture filtering for the first time (Team Ninja has this bizarre fetish for point filtering in all other titles). The rest was largely the same in terms of rendering tech, but it was also a fairly short time between DOA2U and DOA4 (just over a year).

Pretty disappointing.
It's really disappointing because much more complex games have had improved lighting, shadows, textures, character models and a huge boost in frame rate from 720/30fps last gen offerings to 1080P/60fps. Now we have a game that was pretty much 720p and already 60fps with no improvement but mere resolution. I can't believe this is a packaged product which they sell on new gen. It's like they just changed the resolution from 720p to 1080p compiled it and sent the discs out to be pressed. Such minimal work.

I'm looking at Re-remake and it's not the greatest port, but a lot more work went into that and it's only $20.00. In any case, I've said my piece but it's just a tad more disappointing because this game was a planned purchase along with the order for this month. I never expected such low quality work.

DR2K

Banned
is that even possible if I never owned the PS3 version?

Should be listed as free for you. Are you sure the DLC you have isn't already free for last round?

If anyone wants to play I'll be on tonight hit me up on PSN onslaughtdr2k. Mostly on ps4 but have PS3 as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
from their FAQ:

1. Install the title update for the PS3™ version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (or Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate) scheduled to be made available from February 17th.
*Applying the title update to DOA5U will change the game title to "Dead or Alive 5 Last Round."

2. Select "Options" from the main menu on Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PS3™ and press the □ button to upload your save data online.

3. Start up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PS4™ while it is connected online.
Carrying over your save data will enable you to keep items such as your game progress, and any titles you have obtained.
*You cannot import your save data if you have already created save data for DOA5LR on PS4™. In this case, you will need to delete your save data and follow the procedure described above.

link: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq.html

This isn't working for me. I uploaded my save data but get nothing on PS4. Tried deleting the game and reinstalling and nothing. Is there a separate menu for save data on PS4 that I'm missing?

EDIT: Derp. Yes there was! Now it works. Time to download all that DLC now! @_@

FHIZ

Is there anyway to check on the full PS4 install status? I got the "just playable" section down and now I'm just sorta waiting for the rest.

Also seems like all the DLC is up for download. There was an hour or so there where it was just half. Hot Getaway pack is still borked for previous purchasers though.

This isn't working for me. I uploaded my save data but get nothing on PS4. Tried deleting the game and reinstalling and nothing. Is there a separate menu for save data on PS4 that I'm missing?
Can't say, I'm not importing a save. I know it prompts you the first time about importing the save and if you skip it I believe they say there's no going back. Try deleting the save it made on the PS4?

korly

I'm not seeing the transfer option on the 360 version. Anyone successfully transfer their save from 360 to the One?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is there anyway to check on the full PS4 install status? I got the "just playable" section down and now I'm just sorta waiting for the rest.

Also seems like all the DLC is up for download. There was an hour or so there where it was just half. Hot Getaway pack is still borked for previous purchasers though.

Can't say, I'm not importing a save. I know it prompts you the first time about importing the save and if you skip it I believe they say there's no going back. Try deleting the save it made on the PS4?

Thanks, yeah, I'm an idiot. I found the PS4 save menu and deleted the data.

So I downloaded core fighters on Ps4 and all I have is versus and training.
Thats it.
Can't access options, online, etc.
It's also showing that Ein and Hitmoi are unlocked but I can't use them.
Whenever I try to select something thats locked it tells me its currently being installed when it isn't.

Hubb

『Inaba Resident』;152512307 said:
So I downloaded core fighters on Ps4 and all I have is versus and training.
Thats it.
Can't access options, online, etc.
It's also showing that Ein and Hitmoi are unlocked but I can't use them.
Whenever I try to select something thats locked it tells me its currently being installed when it isn't.

It means you haven't fully finished downloading it. It is still downloading in the background.

A little AA would have gone a long way for this game. It was a good opportunity to really present the game as nicely as they could, especially considering the PS4 hardware is more than enough to use it without a performance hit.

『Inaba Resident』;152513030 said:
I currently have no downloads going and received a notification that it finished installing, unless I can't see it for whatever reason.

Go to PS4 system menu, highlight DOA5, press options button, Information. Should tell you your install data.

That was how I checked for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Go to PS4 system menu, highlight DOA5, press options button, Information. Should tell you your install data.

That was how I checked for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Thanks.
Apparently it wasn't done installing despite giving me a notification that it was installed lol.
Maybe it was just telling me it was at a playable point.

Currently downloading PS4 Core Fighters on my US account only to download it a second time tomorrow in EU, so far I was happy with the Core Fighters approach on the PS3 as I don't need the story since I already had DoA5 vanillia.

Hubb

『Inaba Resident』;152513846 said:
Thanks.
Apparently it wasn't done installing despite giving me a notification that it was installed lol.

Yeah, PS4 allows you to play before it is all downloaded/installed. I believe Destiny used that too.

FHIZ

『Inaba Resident』;152513846 said:
Thanks.

That's exactly it. The download they show you was only 3 gigs, where the full game is about 10. I wish they'd show the full install but still give you the "you can play it if you want" notification.

I just got this on psn, how come my download size is only 3.20gb when the store says its 8.7gb?

See above ^

Hubb

Yep.

Costumes transfer over from the PS3 version but unlocked characters don't.

Just want to clarify this in and sorry if it has already been said. My characters that I unlocked in Core Fighters DID carryover to LR. All the free give-away characters TN gave out are still unlocked for me (including the ones I bought).

AlStrong

In any case, I've said my piece but it's just a tad more disappointing because this game was a planned purchase along with the order for this month. I never expected such low quality work.

If only I could just buy the B2 scrolls altogether apart from the rest... :p

Sunnuva...

So I have to slog through adding to cart then "purchasing" all of the DLC outfits from ultimate. I get through it.

I notice that the Hot Getaway set form the goddamned FIRST GAME is the only one not showing as free? Yet in the store it shows on PS3 and Vita that it's purchased. WTF is this noise.

Top Bottom