• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

Loving the new changes. I need to play some Phase 4 though. I want to know if my grab bait will work with her. Misty;s 46T can be followed up with a launcher. Or if you are ballsy and know a hold is coming throw them and watch them lose 40% their life.

Timu

Oh wow, am I the only one who hasn't had a crash on X1? All I do is play Arcade and Time Attack to unlock costumes, I don't play online matches, throwdown is set to decline, my game is patched, etc.

Xbudz

VF6 ain't coming

QLUQ0by.gif

YES IT WILL!!! ;)

DR2K

Banned
So bought last round on store. Not showing up in my list. What a giant fuck up by both Sony and Team Ninja

So i bought the game on ps4 through psn and i'm stuck with core version waiting for the other 6 gigs to download. This is so slow omg!!!

Hubb

oh, since my costumes automatically installed I figured that would be the case for all DLC. I will have to check the DLC list once everything finishes installing

is there anywhere to track the install progress of everything after the first 3.6GB?

Go to the main PS4 menu and hover over the LR icon.

Option > Information.

That'll show you how much left you have to go.

So bought last round on store. Not showing up in my list. What a giant fuck up by both Sony and Team Ninja

Restart/login logout. This isn't a TN thing but a Sony thing. Has happened with other games.

So i bought the game on ps4 through psn and i'm stuck with core version waiting for the other 6 gigs to download. This is so slow omg!!!

Sounds stupid, but someone in the thread recommended pausing the download and then starting it up again right away. Took a few tries, but it actually did increase the download speed. Was going to take 2-4 hours, but finished in about 35.

ShinMaruku

If you download hitches Delete and redownload. As stated before it will speed it up greatly. Some games have that issue. I have downloaded a few characters but they are all froze out. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I had downloaded the HK version beforehand. When I directly purchased Last round from the US store this morning, the REALLY SLOW DOWNLOADS (not even confirming the queued items) got me to delete the game and redownload the US version, just in case.

Before deletion, the HK freebie version turned into paid Core-fighters. This is also the only time the game froze on me on an offline match once. Oh, and there was a 400 Meg patch for this version that brought it from 1.00 to 1.01. By the time the full game DLed later, it was auto-patched to this point, even when being played under "Ready to Start" condition at about 36%.

So I re-downloaded the US version, and that took WAY TOO LONG. But after it finished, the Downloads each completed one after the other, EVEN THOUGH CHARACTERS WERE ALL UNLOCKED ALREADY from the full game unlock being downloaded. I guess the main reason you need to download the characters again is to make sure you don't buy anything you already own twice. The game would freeze for a second in VS while DLC was being confirmed ready for download, but really, that's probably not something you wanna do anyway.

The costumes, associated Catalogues, and and I think private paradise (OH BOY.... .....) need to be downloaded from what I saw, however.

Anywho, I've played for hours since then, in every variety of offline VS / Arcade modes, with throwdowns off. And had no issues.

I didn't convert my save file from 360 (I didn't have THAT much unlocked), and I'm not sure if I'm missing costume stuff. I had some Pre-order stuff before, but never purchased anything separate, it seems. Though it feels like I have a LOT of stuff anywho just from what's included with this version of the game anywho, with loads to unlock, and the 2015 costumes included with the digital order.

I've never gotten into DOA 5 as much as I wanted to since the first release, and it just feels good to have another fun fighter on the system. Honoka is like a remix of favorite moves from so many characters on the cast, and I never played Marie, Nyoutengu, or Phase 4 before, so it feels good to learn them alongside getting used to the changes to the cast I'm familiar with from older DOAs.

It might not be the next-gen graphical revolution a true release for this gen will be, but I can't say I'm not enjoying this. With less competition of comparable games on this console, I feel like I'll finally get to give DOA5ULR the playtime and experimentation it deserves. And with the cheap barrier of entry, I'll even get to play with friends who would have loved playing DOA2 with me back on Dreamcast, but wouldn't be willing to spend $40 on a fighter anymore as we get older.

So for now, pretty happy with the purchase. People freak out when they see mountains of DLC... I just like the fact a game has gotten supported for this long. I don't have to buy what I don't want, and if I DO want something, it probably cost $5 or less. So I'm pretty happy with it, at the moment. LOTS of bumpy road along to it, but nothing too grievous.

Sounds stupid, but someone in the thread recommended pausing the download and then starting it up again right away. Took a few tries, but it actually did increase the download speed. Was going to take 2-4 hours, but finished in about 35.

Well the game is about 9 gigs total and the download finished at about 3 but the rest is downloading in the background.

Should be listed as free for you. Are you sure the DLC you have isn't already free for last round?

If anyone wants to play I'll be on tonight hit me up on PSN onslaughtdr2k. Mostly on ps4 but have PS3 as well.

Nope, not listed as free. Unfortunately, they list each hot getaway outfit individually instead of having them in packs

Hubb

I don't understand why not make it mandatory for the whole game to download and only give me a piece of it?

It's a "feature", play while you download. I'm not sure if there is a way to change settings so your games will download fully before they are ready.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finally got all the DLC downloaded. It's much easier to get stuff via the shop link from the main menu, but not everything was up when I started, so I went through the PS Store, which was much slower, since it would always go back to the top of the list when I downloaded something. I switched back to the in-game shop after doing this for 40 minutes and everything was there...except for Jann Lee's stuff, which I got from the Store, and the Hokoka costume pack. For whatever reason, almost all the costume packs showed as for sale and only the individual costumes came up as "purchased," so I couldn't take the fastest route. One of the swimsuit packs also shows as for sale even though I purchased it on PS3/Vita. Hopefully this will be sorted out in the next day or so.

Tried online briefly. Joined a 4+ connection lobby and it was GREAT! Noticeably better than PS3/Vita/360 were. Tried a 3+ connection lobby and it was pretty laggy, although it still felt better in comparison to PS3. Inputs still felt more responsive. I beat the host of this room with a perfect and he quit, which improved the connection a lot, LOL.

I need to play a lot more online to get a real idea of things, but if online has been improved overall, I'll be very happy with this purchase. Right now there aren't many people online. Hope that also changes. PS3 was always pretty busy, thanks to Core Fighters.

I also was able to redeem my Amazon pre-order DLC. Did this on the SEN website and see no indication that anything is downloading. Can't see anything in my transaction list on the PS4. Sigh...

Nori Chan

*You cannot import your save data if you have already created save data for DOA5LR on Xbox One. In this case, you will need to delete your save data and follow the procedure described above.

well anyone want to test this? I might try it and I'll report what I get

EDIT: It does give me the option to download it, but it can't find the save data :\

Doesn't seem like many people must be playing this online PS4 yet. Seemed like whenever I played Ultimate on PS3, I couldn't go a round in arcade mode without finding a player that was matched with me, but I just finished 8 stages in arcade and didn't see a single popup for a match.

Not complaining too much, because I immediately suck when I play against another human.

korly

On the 360 version you go to options and then press X to upload your data. But when you press X it asks you to sign into Live (even though you're already signed in) and it never connects. If you stop trying to upload it kicks you off of Live.

Qvoth

i just found out apparently there's a f2p version of the game on PSN? damn that's great, i'll definitely try it out

edit: ps4 free version has less characters than xbone free version? lol
oh well free is free

Nori Chan

On the 360 version you go to options and then press X to upload your data. But when you press X it asks you to sign into Live (even though you're already signed in) and it never connects. If you stop trying to upload it kicks you off of Live.
XBL is having problems right now

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i just found out apparently there's a f2p version of the game on PSN? damn that's great, i'll definitely try it out

edit: ps4 free version has less characters than xbone free version? lol
oh well free is free

Xbox One free version has the same characters as the free version of PSN but the free version of Xbox One cant get more characters. You need to pay 5 bucks for the actual Core Fighters and get 8 characters on Xbox instead of 4.

Grisby

Just had a weird ass bug where I cleared arcade mode and it left me hanging on the results screen with all the name ranks. "Press X" to continue, well, your not doing anything when I press X buddy. PS4 btw.

Edit- Rebooted the game here and finished a single tag match. Now I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen.

Oh, this is gonna be fantastic.

Lyte Edge

Well, some progress on the pre-order dlc. Went to the in-game shop and at the bottom of my transaction history everything was listed. It let me download costume catalogue 1 but none of the associated outfits.

Just had a weird ass bug where I cleared arcade mode and it left me hanging on the results screen with all the name ranks. "Press X" to continue, well, your not doing anything when I press X buddy. PS4 btw.

Edit- Rebooted the game here and finished a single tag match. Now I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen.

Oh, this is gonna be fantastic.

I had it do this too, except it responded after 20 seconds or so. The game has yet to crash on me. Stupid question: Is your game updated to 1.01?

Moofers

I have been popping in and out of here all day asking questions and now I felt I could finally provide some answers of my own.

First off I already had Doa5: Ultimate on PS3. I mainly bought the PS4 version today because I wanted the definitive version with better graphics and some more characters. I have been very concerned it might not actually be the definitive version graphically but now that I've installed and played it, those fears have been put to rest.

It looks awesome. The Forest is one of my favorite levels and I was really disappointed with how blurry it was in the PS3 version of DOA5:U. This version has a much nicer looking stage with a little of the blur in the distance, but the trees and ground up close look noticeably better. Also the new PS4/XOne exclusive stage looks great. Lots of nice particle effects and whatnot when characters hit the ground. Very cool.

The character models are obviously improved. The two screenshots of XOne and 360 a few pages back in this thread did not accurately portray the improvement in my opinion. I noticed the great sweat and dirt stains looking better as well as the overall models and clothing.

I'm very happy with it so far. No crashes, but I think it's important to call out that I am running the disc version and I did not install Core Fighters before hand. I have a sneaking suspicion the crashes may be a digital issue, but it's only a hunch with no solid proof or research.

Based on my own experience I recommend it. I will be streaming later tonight. I'll pop in with a link when that happens so anyone who is curious can see it.

I had this same problem earlier with a disc version of the game after I finished arcade mode with Marie Rose =/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I have been popping in and out of here all day asking questions and now I felt I could finally provide some answers of my own.

First off I already had Doa5: Ultimate on PS3. I mainly bought the PS4 version today because I wanted the definitive version with better graphics and some more characters. I have been very concerned it might not actually be the definitive version graphically but now that I've installed and played it, those fears have been put to rest.

It looks awesome. The Forest is one of my favorite levels and I was really disappointed with how blurry it was in the PS3 version of DOA5:U. This version has a much nicer looking stage with a little of the blur in the distance, but the trees and ground up close look noticeably better. Also the new PS4/XOne exclusive stage looks great. Lots of nice particle effects and whatnot when characters hit the ground. Very cool.

The character models are obviously improved. The two screenshots of XOne and 360 a few pages back in this thread did not accurately portray the improvement in my opinion. I noticed the great sweat and dirt stains looking better as well as the overall models and clothing.

I'm very happy with it so far. No crashes, but I think it's important to call out that I am running the disc version and I did not install Core Fighters before hand. I have a sneaking suspicion the crashes may be a digital issue, but it's only a hunch with no solid proof or research.

Based on my own experience I recommend it. I will be streaming later tonight. I'll pop in with a link when that happens so anyone who is curious can see it.

I also already paid for the disc version and now waiting for it to arrive.

What kind of modes available? How about extras? Do we have stuff like movie viewer/costume viewer?

I'm about to sleep so just some quick impressions for the US PS4 version of Core Fighters:

- no crashes so far
- Throwdowns work 90% of the time
- image quality is okay but not remarkable
- stages are still as bland as ever
- I feel the game is smoother than on my PS3 which can't be since both run 60fps but it feels like this o.o
- the DS4 is great to play with

Looking forward for the EU version tomorrow to get my DLC working and my save imported :)

Timu

Character models may have improved, but it's not a massive difference besides the boobs or anything as there's similarity in various textures, it's still a port after all, upgraded, yes, but like I said not like a massive difference though it's much clearer.

I'm about to sleep so just some quick impressions for the US PS4 version of Core Fighters:

- no crashes so far
- I feel the game is smoother than on my PS3 which can't be since both run 60fps but it feels like this o.o

Looking forward for the EU version tomorrow to get my DLC working and my save imported :)
im not sure if the PS3 was steady 60FPS or not, but native resolution on your TV and framepacing can help with perceived smoothness

im not sure if the PS3 was steady 60FPS or not, but native resolution on your TV and framepacing can help with perceived smoothness

Good points, yeah that might be what I'm noticing here. I use my PS3 and PS4 mostly with my 1080p PC monitor and it generally favors my PS4 but I have to test things on my TV tomorrow.

- no crashes so far

Glad to hear, I've got the Core Fighters pack to reacquaint myself with it before I pick it up later on since I hardly have time to play nowdays. Thanks .

Yeah, DOA5 and DOA5U both used variable resolution to maintain framerate.

Even in the absence of enhancements to AA, motion blur, and framerate, a constant 1080p image just looks smoother. For $40 and another 500+ hours of gameplay with my DS4, that's improvement enough.

Im not doing anything until xbox fixes their service. I wan a seamless transfer from the 360 to the one ill just wait until tomorrow.

Lyte Edge

OK, online is definitely better. Kept trying different rooms -the hosts probably hated me for leaving so quick- and anything with a 4 or 5 rating was awesome.

Glad to hear, I've got the Core Fighters pack to reacquaint myself with it before I pick it up later on since I hardly have time to play nowdays. Thanks .

You're welcome! :)

Yeah, DOA5 and DOA5U both used variable resolution to maintain framerate.

Even in the absence of enhancements to AA, motion blur, and framerate, a constant 1080p image just looks smoother. For $40 and another 500+ hours of gameplay with my DS4, that's improvement enough.

Oh wow I had no idea the PS3 versions used variable resolutions, alright that explains the difference I feel and see I guess.

Top Bottom