• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Skilletor

I mean, if DoA6 isn't well along in development by now, what have they (the "DoA" team) been doing for the past 2+ years? Don't think it takes the entire team to push out costumes and balance updates.

I mean, if DoA6 isn't well along in development by now, what have they (the "DoA" team) been doing for the past 2+ years? Don't think it takes the entire team to push out costumes and balance updates.
did they build doax3? And/or are they working on NG4

dunno if NG has been a separate team

Hubb

DoA5 DLC, X3, Nioh. Not sure how many of them also worked on the spin offs like Dissidia, hyrule warriors, and yaiba.

Yeah, I think they might actually have had a few projects to tackle... but I'd expect at least some sort of build underway for DOA6. At least they have the character models from DOAX3 as a baseline (it would be awesome if Soft Engine 2.0 carries over with jiggly buttocks lol).

I really want DOA6 tho. It's probably the only way I'll get back into it now, because I don't have much desire to go back to DOA5 atm.

Eolz

DoA5 DLC, X3, Nioh. Not sure how many of them also worked on the spin offs like Dissidia, hyrule warriors, and yaiba.

None of them worked on Yaiba from what I remember, just some supervision here and there.
But yeah, while they are a big team overall, like in any dev studio, members go from project to project depending on the needs. DOAX3 wasn't a lot of people, DOA5 support, HW, Fatal Frame, etc even less.
Dissidia might have been quite a bit of people though, and most of them are probably crunching on Nioh right now.

They seem pretty good at managing team resources, I'm not really worried about that. It's more a matter of them thinking they can stretch DOA5's life for years (they shouldn't).

I wonder what active numbers are like for DOA5 atm. I can't imagine it's still going extremely strong at this point. I suppose they could try to stretch it out right up until DOA6 comes out, but not sure that's gonna work.

ShinMaruku

97888f12da778651f0aac3aae0626131.jpg

www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku
Lobby up.

Eolz

If I remember well, that's the price for every collaboration/crossover, even without special effects/destruction. Guess it's an incentive to get the pack.

Hubb

If I remember well, that's the price for every collaboration/crossover, even without special effects/destruction. Guess it's an incentive to get the pack.

I get it, this is TK's property though. I think they can settle with selling them for 1.99.

Eolz

Didn't play recently, will have to try. Was that just a balance patch as usual? Also, does it happens everywhere or just online?

Eolz

For those that didn't see it, the next DLC is a collaboration with Fairy Tail.
CkX5SddUgAAQquj.jpg

CkX5Sb1XIAAuS2f.jpg

edit: oh yeah and the DOA photography contest should be over soon, but not sure when exactly anymore.

Hmm, can't get passed the title screen on 1.10 version on PS4. Booted it twice today and just stays on title with a constantly spinning loading icon in bottom right of sreen. Not sure how I can send an error report unless it actually crashes to the XMB.

Edit: Clarifying here, I meant version 1.10, but the title screen itself actually says 1.06A.

Booted now and it worked. But clearly there are issues with this version, considering Hours Left also had issues above.

Erm, is it normal to face the same opponent twice in a Time Attack solo, Legend difficulty? I just fought Christie in stage 7 then fought her again in stage 8. Not sure if glitch because I've never seen that before.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Erm, is it normal to face the same opponent twice in a Time Attack solo, Legend difficulty? I just fought Christie in stage 7 then fought her again in stage 8. Not sure if glitch because I've never seen that before.

Probably a glitch. Dont recall that ever happening to me in the past.

Top Bottom