• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

I think that they probably mean crossovers to justify it like previous packs that were more expensive when that was the case.
We'll probably know it sooner than DOA Festival I think.

Hubb

Exclusives if true, suck. Hopefully Eolz is right and the new costumes are crossovers/more work was put into them to justify the high price.

In the grand scheme of things losing out on an exclusive stage wouldn't be the end of the world for me, but it is just one step further down a slippery slop. So hopefully it isn't true.

ShinMaruku

The Samurai Warriors Costumes do take more work as well as the collabs due to you have to divvy out to other people. That said, there are going to be a few collabs coming along. Hayashi has been very busy with Koei's collaberation wing. Hopefully more Warriors Orochi

Maybe some "out there" shit like Marie in a Miku outfit (the DOAX thing looked like an in-game collab thing, but it was just some dumb cover art).

Given the SEGA relationship, they could easily do some SEGA stuff, like all the Sonic crew for Halloween (would have been a good Halloween one if they didn't do the fan stuff). That would have been ridiculous, but I bet people woulda bought into it. And I guess if we can't have Ryo, a costume would work.

Is the new character free or something you have to pay for?

Also I can't find a copy of this game to save my life here in Japan. I could go digital or amazon it but it's more an impulse purchase lol.

Hubb

Gust collaboration for the next set of DLC. I have a soft spot for Gust so they may get me to reach into my wallet again. Want to see which characters get what first.

Eolz

Gust collaboration for the next set of DLC. I have a soft spot for Gust so they may get me to reach into my wallet again. Want to see which characters get what first.

Wow, awesome!
So, Atelier and Nights of Azure crossover? Would love if there was a new shader for those costumes.

Hubb

Wow, awesome!
So, Atelier and Nights of Azure crossover? Would love if there was a new shader for those costumes.

Hard to tell off what has been released so far, but what they've shown so far looks good (in terms of quality).

Eolz

Nice, thanks!
Seems like they are going to put DOAX3 and DOA5 DLC on the same pages going forward uh.

Looks like Christie is getting the Nights of Azure DLC, and Marie as Totori, cool! Love those collaborations, the Falcom one was great for example. Loved Deception, SK, Tatsunoko and Samurai Warriors too.

Hubb

I don't own any figures, but they are hiding what I consider what makes or break them. The face. Even the real quality figures can have awful faces.

Eolz

Looks like an excellent costume pack. Not really surprised at the Ayane choice.

I don't own any figures, but they are hiding what I consider what makes or break them. The face. Even the real quality figures can have awful faces.

Maybe the faces aren't really done at this development stage? No idea how that works.

Phase 4 wins, but I'll probably just grab Kasumi's
Maybe the faces aren't really done at this development stage? No idea how that works.
things get changed often, and production models can end up looking quite different from prototypes. Its basically a requirement to never preorder these things outside of trusted companies

ShinMaruku

DOA5LR1_thumb.jpg

She just in there making me spam Jaeiken to get in.

ShinMaruku

A few DOA matches I think that are instructive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJh3IHRntQc
Note that most damage is coming from points either attacking from an unsafe postion netting counter, hits or not attacking at a gap that can be closed. Another source of damage is the throw to counter holds which are baited which Phase 4 can convert on really well. Then there are hits where I come from range and was doing damage.

The Rachel then recovered and turned the momentum on me when I got too greedy at round 3 and almost did a comback until the last round where I only let her get 1 hit before I destroyed her with all the ways I did damage the first time attacking from a range where I can hit, baiting counters and throwing them with them doing 30% life each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQLi8w-XmV8

I won by getting decent damage stray hits, good juggles and throws that do devastating damage and spacing out Christie who had optimized combos but sometimes did the back strike where I could knock her out of and do damage. Also note how she never counters too much due to me throwing and that can be used to your advantage.

Hayashi:

Team Ninja brand boss Yosuke Hayashi

Main IPs: Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Fatal Frame, Deception, Monster Rancher

Action games and fighting games are our mainstay, but since we have staff that developed games like Fatal Frame and Deception, we want to take advantage of their know-how in to make new titles such as those IP.
We’re preparing a big surprise for Dead or Alive 5 in the future.
New developments for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 are under consideration.
An update to add virtual reality support to Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is under consideration. We want to put it out as early as possible in accordance with PlayStation VR’s release date.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/05/koei-tecmo-discusses-brand-outlook-famitsu#fBvItoF5I5e0kEij.99

Eolz

I hope the big surprise for DoA5 is DoA6.

Same, but it's probably a new mode or new character sadly.
Imagine the surprise: "We're releasing a new version of DOA5!"

edit: will probably make a new thread, other stuff interesting in it.

Hubb

I can't imagine they would announce DoA6 while DLC for 5 is still coming out. Until that stops, I assume we won't hear anything other than it may be in development.

Eolz

They could tease it at TGS or at least say they're starting development. Especially if the 4rth or 5th season pass is the last.

Hubb

I agree. Starting development will probably be the most we would get, if we even got that much.

It'll be interesting to see when/if it eventually happens, what they expand on from DoA5 and what they leave behind. I doubt DoA6 will be a reboot, so how many characters are in at launch. Will they do the f2p alongside the disc version or will it just be f2p. Outside of making the stages look better, what else could they beef up? Are the character models going to be a step beyond X3 or are they going to do redisigns on some of the characters. Will they do more particle effects? Do people even like them in DoA, or do they find them annoying? New single player modes?

I'm not 100% sure what I want out of DoA6 just yet, but that doesn't stop me from being excited about it.

Top Bottom