• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Not exactly the best time of the month for me in terms of work yeah...
(+ Dark Souls 3). Maybe something this weekend?

Mesharey

everyone's on DOA Xtreme 3 or Street Fighter >.>
Xtreme 3 here, sometimes I switch to NG3: RE, FFXIV or maybeeee Quantum Break. :p

There's a biiiig tournament here for DoA5: LR after 2 weeks and I'm sooo rusty, I need to train again to win it, but don't feel like it! XD

Skilletor

I'm waiting for DoA6.

Afraid of what that'll look like after seeing DoAXVB3. Hope they keep it separate, but they love DLC so much now...

Eolz

*Might* come a bit later.

I'm waiting for DoA6.

Afraid of what that'll look like after seeing DoAXVB3. Hope they keep it separate, but they love DLC so much now...

What do you mean, in terms of costumes, graphics,...?
It obviously won't have the same monetization as DOAX3 (different focus), but I can see them taking some hints from SFV, while still keeping their current DOA5 business model.
DOAX3 models are great enough for me, what they need to improve in 6 in terms of graphics is making some stages that don't look from last gen, costumes/clothing physics (some ridiculous shit happening sometimes) and customisation.

DLC/F2P is here to stay, for better and worse. Hopefully 6 will be at least as good as 5LR in terms of gameplay.

Graphical/hair clipping is really one of the biggest things that needs fixing, visuals-wise. I thought they would have got it down better in X3, because it's bad in DOA5, but it's still bad in X3. Better, but still ugly, and makes you wonder why the obvious clips aren't fixed. Seems to be a common thing tho - SF5 has bad clipping in the VS. loading screen, with Ken's hair and such.

The models are awesome, and I wish they'd be able to keep the tanning system intact somehow in DOA6. I absolutely love tanning my Kasumi. But it'd likely be too much hassle for little purpose, unless it was a simple tan level select.

Hubb

It obviously won't have the same monetization as DOAX3 (different focus), but I can see them taking some hints from SFV, while still keeping their current DOA5 business model.
DOAX3 models are great enough for me, what they need to improve in 6 in terms of graphics is making some stages that don't look from last gen, costumes/clothing physics (some ridiculous shit happening sometimes) and customisation.

DLC/F2P is here to stay, for better and worse. Hopefully 6 will be at least as good as 5LR in terms of gameplay.

Skilletor is definitely talking about the DLC situation.

If they have a Disc version with everything alongside a f2p option, ditch paying for character DLC (on the disc version) and map DLC. I'll be happy with it.

The costume situation is a nonissue to me. There is no way they'd give them all away for free, so either they have them to subsidize other aspects or they don't have them. If that's the case I am for them. At least they give a number of them away for free.

Skilletor

*Might* come a bit later.

I'm worried about tons of DoAX swimsuits making it over to DoA6. It's bad enough already. I think it'll get worse.

F2P is great. No problem with that or DLC in general. It's the type of DLC I'm worried about.

Hubb

I'm worried about tons of DoAX swimsuits making it over to DoA6. It's bad enough already. I think it'll get worse.

F2P is great. No problem with that or DLC in general. It's the type of DLC I'm worried about.

I'm sure it'll be similar to what we've gotten this time, and honestly I am not that interested in them. They can make (or carry over) much more unique and creative costumes that I'd rather have in the game. That being said I am sure some swimsuits will make it over, and hopefully some, um, lewd costumes make it over too. I'm for balance, but I would be lying if I said I didn't like the revealing costumes. I am probably part of the problem.

ShinMaruku

Well since some of the outfits in the game are in DOAX3 I'm sure this cross dlc is a part of their ideas. That said DOA6 would probably be a bit different with some of the outfits. That said if the bikinis stay as dlc nothing is wrong with that. Even if they never had it detractors would still point to that stuff.

Eolz

So, guess we're going for 4 or 5 season passes?
They announced DOA Festival for July too, so we could get some teaser about a DOA6 there, if not TGS. Or something about DOAX3 in the west...
But yeah, it's now their new place to talk about the future of the game, that's where they announced the new character there last year after all.

Hubb

I can't hate, I like seeing what they come up with. Even better that it seems like they aren't just copying what they release for X3.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not forced to buy anything, and those that do are only giving money to Team Ninja.

I just hope they do well with X3 DLC earnings to add some new modes and characters to it, because I'm so annoyed at how stripped of content it is. Given there is a F2P version coming, owners of the retail version should get any new modes and characters for free, imo.

Hubb

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not forced to buy anything, and those that do are only giving money to Team Ninja.

I just hope they do well with X3 DLC earnings to add some new modes and characters to it, because I'm so annoyed at how stripped of content it is. Given there is a F2P version coming, owners of the retail version should get any new modes and characters for free, imo.

Should, but wont. Best we can hope for is new modes for free. Honestly if they release it in its current state as f2p I can't imagine they'd make a ton of money. Even if they charge for characters (which I am sure they plan to do), the monetization on the costumes is pretty shitty.

In fact I think if they plan on having this game be some kind of long plan of DLC milking I think they are screwing themselves. Maybe I am underestimating the amount of money people are willing to spend on the game.

Eolz

Pretty weak first pack yeah, but not surprising. Those girls didn't have those costumes.
Confirms 5 season passes too, since we're having the designer contest for Halloween.

Hopefully they'll tease DOA6 at DOAF or TGS and they won't go for another year of DLC...

Hubb

Yeah not the best start for the new costumes. MR pink sweatshirt is alright and the Nyotengu costume with the tied red sweatshirt is pretty good. Would be a lot better if you had the option to remove the red sweatshirt, but you probably don't.

Hubb

It lists a new stage in the description too. Better be one hell of a stage...

New stage should be free for everyone, and not part of the season pass. Just releasing the same time as the last set, which hopefully will be some kind of themed set around the stage.

Eolz

How is the PC version these days? Still inferior to the PS4?

Yep.
Even worse than before now that there's cheaters on the only online mode available too :/

Oh, so our season pass 3 DLC has ended now? That's a shame. I thought those new newcomers costumes were part of SP3.

Yeah, ended with the Samurai Warriors crossover.

New stages were released for everyone, I'm sure this one's free too.

This. It's just to show there'll be one in this timeframe.

Again, why would they say getting the new Season Pass will allow to you to get the new costumes and one new stage at a discount, if the stage were free in the first place?
The description on xbox also says that there will be content released during the season that won't be part of the pass...
I think the non season pass content might be free

Hubb

Yep.
Even worse than before now that there's cheaters on the only online mode available too :/

I can't believe how shitty they handled this. I had a lot of hope for it, and at this point I cannot understand what they thought they'd get out of releasing this game. Was it too far along to can so they thought they'd try to recoup whatever they could?

Eolz

Again, why would they say getting the new Season Pass will allow to you to get the new costumes and one new stage at a discount, if the stage were free in the first place?

Uh, weird indeed. Guess we'll know soon enough but I can't see why they'd release a stage not for free.

Ugh I regret buying it. I know not to spend any money on DLC then. Might come back to it when I get a PS4

I don't really regret it since it allows me to play a bit on the go since I play on a laptop, but yeah, for online, it's garbage :/

I can't believe how shitty they handled this. I had a lot of hope for it, and at this point I cannot understand what they thought they'd get out of releasing this game. Was it too far along to can so they thought they'd try to recoup whatever they could?

I still had a bit of hopes even after they announced it was the arcade version without some features, but once they put online in a beta for several months...
I think they wanted to do something better at first (for online, not the port itself) but they just gave up. How they handle DLC on Steam didn't help for sure.
Hopefully they'll try F2P + good port for DOA6, but hey, even if it's a basic port of PS4K or something, it'll probably be better than that.

What exactly is the SP4 exclusive Ayane costume based on btw? It sorta looks familiar, but not sure if it's like a mish-mash of Momiji and Ayane's costumes or just a slightly altered Ayane one.

Eolz

What exactly is the SP4 exclusive Ayane costume based on btw? It sorta looks familiar, but not sure if it's like a mish-mash of Momiji and Ayane's costumes or just a slightly altered Ayane one.

Pretty sure it's a recolor of Nyotengu's costume. Like every season pass exclusive, a recolor. Fits well though.

13002464_830130753757678_6966153141546930831_o.jpg
nyotengu_thumb1.jpg

Yess, I was thinking Nyotengu, then thought Momiji had one similar too.

Yeah, it looks good tbh. As cheap as it is having recolours, many of these fit well on each other. Kinda makes me want DOAX3's system where any girl can wear any outfit.

ShinMaruku

I had no faith in the PC version. I warned everybody it would be a shit show, they did not want to do it so half assed it for show.

DR2K

Banned
Team Ninja needs to stop reselling content people already paid for. Some of these "new" DLC costumes were already in previous packs and just copied and pasted 1:1 on another character. I'm done buying their packs.

Team Ninja needs to stop reselling content people already paid for. Some of these "new" DLC costumes were already in previous packs and just copied and pasted 1:1 on another character. I'm done buying their packs.

At the very least, these ones should be coming free bundled into other brand new packs. Like you say, they're just copy-pastes of ones other characters already have, so shouldn't really be sold as their own pack like this tbh.

Top Bottom