• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Mediking

What's a good version of this game to buy on PSN that has...ahhh... good fanservice outfits for the women characters? I'm in NA.

Kumubou

What's a good version of this game to buy on PSN that has...ahhh... good fanservice outfits for the women characters? I'm in NA.
All of the PS4 versions are the same, and base game package is on sale in the US PSN store so there's no real reason to not get that.

Unless you're asking about specific costume packs to buy, in which case... that would be dependent on your personal preferences. :x

Eolz

Links to see which outfits might interest you:
- official website (costumes that you need to buy, and old ones that are included for free)
- unofficial wiki that shows pics of how they look ingame usually.

I say Nintendo's goals in that it can give Koei a good idea where the market is to put the game. If DOA6 is going to be more close to current gen the nx could be a bit of a miss depending on their hardware, also the size of the userbase. If it does wii u numbers DOA might not move to it. Also depends on how their online is, if they can get a robust online story then DOA can be profitable.

As to Handheld there is a good opportunity.

At worse, NX will be at the level of the X1 in terms of hardware (guarantee you it'll be higher), but yeah for DOA6 it obviously depends on when it comes out (not a big risk if it's in NX first year for example), since it's linked to the userbase.
Nintendo already has solid online nowadays, just nothing for party chat and similar.

But yeah, agreed.

Eolz

Well.. I bought the European ver. with season pass 2 that's on sale, I can't download season pass 2 costumes.. any clue?

Did you download the catalogues? You need those to be able to see costumes you bought.
Also sometimes you need to restart the game/console if you did that in one go (happened to me once).

Mesharey

Did you download the catalogues? You need those to be able to see costumes you bought.
Also sometimes you need to restart the game/console if you did that in one go (happened to me once).
I did, the thing is I kinda can't find the unlock file, only each character's costume which costs money, I searched all the DLC and downloaded everything that I can download but still the same.

Deleted the game, will try to download everything again, gonna check webstore later too.

Eolz

I did, the thing is I kinda can't find the unlock file, only each character's costume which costs money, I searched all the DLC and downloaded everything that I can download but still the same.

Deleted the game, will try to download everything again, gonna check webstore later too.

It might be better depending on the regions to try to get the catalogues/dlc/etc through the webstore instead of the ingame one. It's really bad in EU but really well separated in the JP store for example.

Tina is still my number one but Christie.... OHMYGAWD THIS WOMAN. I'M IN LOVE.

You have good taste.

mcz117chief

Did you guys know about the Fairy Tail costumes? I'm a big Fairy Tail fan so I will definitely buy at least a couple. Definitely Erza's for Kasumi.

Erza Scarlet + Kasumi = MAXIMUM HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Mesharey

Nice video, I wanna play against Shin! It's been a long time since we played together, I'm unfortunately using wireless these days though, it's probably laggy.

And yeah seems like I wasted money buying season pass 2 with the game from UK store (I have US ver. but wanted European ver. because I received season pass 3 & 4 as a gift).
I don't remember date of birth for that account and Sony needs it to check why I can't download season pass 2 costumes.. tried to contact Koei Tecmo Europe, they're looking at the problem but dunno if they might be able to help without date of birth.

MCD

Will they ever fix the "checking for content" long loading on X1? I feel punished for supporting dem zillion DLCs.

On the fence and need to make a decision before the sale ends. I like the doa game play but never got into it that much. Used to be a big Tekken fan and i always though doa was very close to it.

Mesharey

On the fence and need to make a decision before the sale ends. I like the doa game play but never got into it that much. Used to be a big Tekken fan and i always though doa was very close to it.
Do it!
The game has tons of contents and it's easy to play and competitive as well.

Do it!
The game has tons of contents and it's easy to play and competitive as well.

And it is continuously supported by Team Ninja with patches, balance updates when necessary (e.g. when a new character arrives).

As Skilletor put it when someone questioned the amount of DLC in the game:

Yup, and superfluous stuff that nobody needs has gotten me a game with continous support, stages, characters, and patches (on consoles).

Please, Tecmo, keep milking those people that love buying costumes so I can get cool shit like Mai in a 3D fighter.

Anyone that bitches about the DLC is not seeing the bigger picture in the slightest. Other people wish their favourite fighting game was supported as much as DOA is.

You can argue against the prices, but the sales of the costumes have helped ensure DOA5 has lasted as long as it has, and now we're getting bloody Mai lol.

I probably derailed a tad there, but my point is the game still receives lots of support from its developers.

Tekken Tag 2 dropped like a bag of cement in the river cause all the content was out and it was no longer supported.

Preserving a games lifetime matters for sure so I don't complain about the DLC at all.

Hubb

I'll throw my vote behind liking the DLC. I don't buy much, but I still like seeing all the stuff they come up with/collab with. If it keeps people playing the game and more stuff coming then I am all for it. Not having a costume hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

ShinMaruku

Whoa... you're good!!!
I try to be good, it also helps I play with tourney players all the time.

having a fucking clue what Momiji can do 2 months ago would have been nice...
Momiji is a special character, she has things for beginners and advanced players, if they buff like 3 things she'd be the best character in the game. Just ask and I can show you but some of the things she can do.

And it is continuously supported by Team Ninja with patches, balance updates when necessary (e.g. when a new character arrives).

As Skilletor put it when someone questioned the amount of DLC in the game:

Anyone that bitches about the DLC is not seeing the bigger picture in the slightest. Other people wish their favourite fighting game was supported as much as DOA is.

You can argue against the prices, but the sales of the costumes have helped ensure DOA5 has lasted as long as it has, and now we're getting bloody Mai lol.

I probably derailed a tad there, but my point is the game still receives lots of support from its developers.

Indeed. When a game has 4 soon to be 5 season passes, they are at events talking to fans and always add a character a few years down from release, it's a great thing. You get free stages you can buy a character if you want more, they have good relations with others, this is all thanks to the dlc.

Nice video, I wanna play against Shin! It's been a long time since we played together, I'm unfortunately using wireless these days though, it's probably laggy.
I play with Auzardo who is sometimes on wifi and we get ok matches we should give it a shot.

Here are more advanced movement guides for people to be mindful with some characters:
Phase 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2AiQZgCByY
Lady Kstoute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sjh9VKd_QM
Ayane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QUDPntUA20

I think I've had a broadband upgrade since then too. Still on wireless, but should be better now. If I can just finish up some of the games I've got going on, I'd love to have a few matches again. Literally not played in months. I also have SF5 that I need to play and review...

frogg609

Is there any benefit to buy this digitally as opposed to the disc version? Amazon has the disc for $19.99 while digital is 39.99.

Eolz

Same benefits as other games, you just don't have to switch discs :p
Nothing else as far as I know.

@Azuardo I've been playing wireless most of the time, and yeah, should be fine as long as the connection is stable/fast enough. (at least when it's connecting to Shin's connection and not some random guy at the other side of the globe lol)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Hey fellas, sort of my first post in this thread in particular, but I've hung around in other DOA threads on GAF. Anyway, I have a somewhat specific question: I own the physical European version of DOA5LR and just noticed the second season pass is discounted by quite a bit, making me interested in buying it. However, it's only discounted in the States, not the EU shop. Obviously, normally DLC is region specific, but since this game's DLC is also compatible with the Core Fighters version could it be that DLC I bought on the NA shop works with my EU copy? I need that Honkers Secret Agent costume.

Hey fellas, sort of my first post in this thread in particular, but I've hung around in other DOA threads on GAF. Anyway, I have a somewhat specific question: I own the physical European version of DOA5LR and just noticed the second season pass is discounted by quite a bit, making me interested in buying it. However, it's only discounted in the States, not the EU shop. Obviously, normally DLC is region specific, but since this game's DLC is also compatible with the Core Fighters version could it be that DLC I bought on the NA shop works with my EU copy? I need that Honkers Secret Agent costume.

I don't believe that's the case, no. Your NA DLC won't work with the EU game.

Shame. You missed out on the EU sale of SP2 just less than 2 weeks ago.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe that's the case, no. Your NA DLC won't work with the EU game.

Shame. You missed out on the EU sale of SP2 just less than 2 weeks ago.
Well, fuck me, then! Do they happen frequently or should I just bite the bullet and buy it at the normal price?

Eolz

Yeah you missed on the sale. I'm not sure about the DLC though, you should be able to use it as long as you have primary accounts set up the right way, but don't take my word for it.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you missed on the sale. I'm not sure about the DLC though, you should be able to use it as long as you have primary accounts set up the right way, but don't take my word for it.
The DLC I already own on my EU account works when I play the copy on my NA account (just tested it, normally I play on an EU account.) That much I expected from how DLC stuff works normally on the PS4. But when I then enter the store from my NA account within the game, it says there's no content for it available since the regions don't align, so I think Azuardo is right in saying they're probably not compatible. I could obviously enter the NA store through the app and get the DLC manually, but the game not even recognising that content when connecting through an NA account doesn't inspire much hope that NA DLC would be recognised by an EU copy.

I didn't really expect them to be compatible, but the fact that Core Fighters DLC works with the retail version of the full game too made me sort of hopeful, for some reason.

The Core Fighters version is a different region version to your full game one? I'm guessing NA Core Fighters and EU full game? And you say the DLC for your CF works on the full game?

I don't want to give any false messages about whether it will defo work or not, but it might do. I always just try to steer clear of any cross-region DLC purchasing to avoid those risks.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
The Core Fighters version is a different region version to your full game one? I'm guessing NA Core Fighters and EU full game? And you say the DLC for your CF works on the full game?

I don't want to give any false messages about whether it will defo work or not, but it might do. I always just try to steer clear of any cross-region DLC purchasing to avoid those risks.
Nah, I guess I should've been more clear: I don't own Core Fighters at all since I went for the full game straight away. But I do know you can buy the Core Fighters DLC and it will show up in Last Round (at least from the same region), exactly like the new outfits for the full version of DOAX3 need to be downloaded through the store section for the free version. I just meant since Last Round recognises Core Fighters DLC (from the same region) that it might be a bit more lax with what it recognises as DLC in general, making me hopeful that it worked cross region too. And yeah, I usually avoid cross region DLC stuff too, it's just that right now it would save me 40% lol.

I might just buy a 2$ costume this evening and see if it works when I play the EU copy but yeah, not having high hopes. Question remains: Are these sales frequent? If there's one likely in a month or two I could just wait since I have enough costumes to hold me over. Honoka Secret Agent tho

Well Core Fighters is just a stripped down free version of Last Round, so it's expected the DLC would work across both versions of the game. It serves as both a taster to get people to buy the full game and a means of playing for free whilst only buying characters/costumes that interest you.

As for the sales, this is the first time I've seen a Season Pass go on sale, unless I'm mistaken, but it could be the beginning of things to come. DLC sales for this game I wouldn't say are frequent at all, but who knows if they will do more discounts in the near future? Since SP2 sale just ended tho, I can't imagine it will go on sale again very soon, but there's no way to know...

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
As for the sales, this is the first time I've seen a Season Pass go on sale, unless I'm mistaken, but it could be the beginning of things to come. DLC sales for this game I wouldn't say are frequent at all, but who knows if they will do more discounts in the near future? Since SP2 sale just ended tho, I can't imagine it will go on sale again very soon, but there's no way to know...
Yeah, I kind of fucked up, especially since I owned the game for ages now. I just didn't play a lot recently and wasn't following news closely.

Oh well, let's see what my mood is regarding the price right now when I get my next pay check!

Oh, damn, the AOT stage has to be bought. I just assumed after all the other free stages this one would be too. Doesn't that limit who can play on it online?

Eolz

I wonder what happens online yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's not a free stage due to it being a collaboration.
Still, hope they give another free stage later on.

Hubb

Yeah really shitty to sell the stage, I kind of figured it would though. When you look at the Season pass page they all have 5 slots of content and one of the five slots for this season was the stage.

Really shitty.

Shame because it was only recently I was thinking the advantage this has over the likes of SF5 is that the stages are free and you only pay for the cosmetics. Damn, I hope this won't become a trend for the future in DOA.

Hubb

For what it is worth I wont be buying it. I know it sounds weird that I am ok with costumes but not stages, but for some reason I don't consider stages as cosmetic. Specially in a game like DoA where you have stage interactions.

Damn TN just milk the costumes, leave those stages alone.

Eolz

To be fair, this seems like a pretty simplistic stage.
But yeah, agreed, won't buy it, and hope people won't accept that either (apart from those that got the season pass obviously lol).

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, not enthused about the stage not being free either. I hope the costume catalogue includes assets for the stage such that you can still play against people using it online (doubt it), but I don't see myself purchasing it any time soon either way.

stn

I'm thinking of double-dipping on this for XBO. I initially didn't want to but I've noticed that the current gen has gotten quite a few new characters.

I can buy the game for $20 new. What will it cost me to get all the new characters? I usually like skins but think Team Ninja prices them wayyyyy too high.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of double-dipping on this for XBO. I initially didn't want to but I've noticed that the current gen has gotten quite a few new characters.

I can buy the game for $20 new. What will it cost me to get all the new characters? I usually like skins but think Team Ninja prices them wayyyyy too high.
If you're buying Last Round you'll get most of the characters already. It's just Naotora you need to buy for 5.99$. Mai from King of Fighters is coming too, though, and she'll probably cost the same.

CoCpkUcVMAA2Zaa.jpg
CoCpleMVMAEtAFD.jpg
CoCpm5uUIAAc-F8.jpg

Top Bottom