• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Andy and Marie are trolls. Andy is Donovan and Marie works for him. But Marie is going to take down DOATEC from the inside for her own goals, unbeknownst to Andy. The lore is real.

TjbbQUo.png

Eolz

The colors look a bit off, but the Marie Rose figure actually looks pretty good!

Marie needs to take over Sony Europe too lol

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a matter of time. Her and Marie are popoular in Japan.
Yeah, considering her spot back during the DOAX3 votes, I figured she was popular and hence sort of expected a fig already.

Maybe it's a material cost issue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Eolz

Following packs on sale (-30%) on US ps store, don't think that's the case for europe yet:
Last Getaway, Hot Summer, LG+HS, Core Fighters Female set.
Pretty sure they've been on sale already 3 or 4 times since it's on PS4.

Loona

Finally got me a PS4, and got DoA5 Core Fighters soon after - I might get LR when Mai is released.

A couple of questions:

- I couldn't access the 2 free character currently on rotations, Alpha 152 and Phase 4 - the GUI kept mentioning the characters were still being installed, same when trying to access the Options menu... it's been a while since I dabbled with the game in the PS3 version, but I don't recall this happening there, any suggestions?...

- is the Attack on Titan stage structurally different enough from the other ones to be worthwhile, or does it work mostly like a reskin of some existing stage?

Finally got me a PS4, and got DoA5 Core Fighters soon after - I might get LR when Mai is released.

A couple of questions:

- I couldn't access the 2 free character currently on rotations, Alpha 152 and Phase 4 - the GUI kept mentioning the characters were still being installed, same when trying to access the Options menu... it's been a while since I dabbled with the game in the PS3 version, but I don't recall this happening there, any suggestions?...

- is the Attack on Titan stage structurally different enough from the other ones to be worthwhile, or does it work mostly like a reskin of some existing stage?

Is the game 100% fully installed? Highlight the game on the PS4 home menu, hit Options on the controller, view Information. It will tell you if it's still installing game data. Many Koei games are playable before all features have been installed, so this could be the issue. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

AOT stage is a brand new stage and buying it will just depend on if you want it badly enough. I know most of us in this topic refuse to buy it as we grew accustomed to all previous new stages being given as free DLC. This is the first paid stage DLC.

Hubb

I haven't played on the stage, but from the trailer it looked like the night/roof stage with the giant iron statue. Not sure if it has any other intractables, but it didn't look like it had any stage transitions in the trailer.

Stanng243

It looks like The Hot Summer and Last Getaway costume packs are on sale this week. Hot summer was in season pass 2. Is last getaway in any Season pass? I didn't see it listed, I just want to make sure.

Hubb

It looks like The Hot Summer and Last Getaway costume packs are on sale this week. Hot summer was in season pass 2. Is last getaway in any Season pass? I didn't see it listed, I just want to make sure.

You can check out whats in what here

Looks like Last Getaway was the preorder ones? Or at least some of them were part of the preorder.

Eolz

Last Getaway was preorder only for a while yeah. Never been in a season pass. Got them all in my JP CE.
They're nice, but the others are cool too. Really depends on your taste like most costumes.

Definitely! I'm gonna vote for it, just not sure of the order both for main votes and honorable mentions yet.
I like the point system too, so don't have to worry too much about ranking one higher than another in the main category.

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure of my mains and honourables yet. Thinking whether to switch BlazBlue in for Melee or something.

Damn, missed the lobby. I want to play with you guys as it has been awhile.

Like the rest of you I will not be buying the stage either.

Need to plan a session out in advance properly really. We need to organise something for when Mai drops for sure.

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure of my mains and honourables yet. Thinking whether to switch BlazBlue in for Melee or something.

Need to plan a session out in advance properly really. We need to organise something for when Mai drops for sure.

I am very curious to see how they handle Mai, Maximum Impact doesn't count at all as that still played like a 2D fighter.

MCD

Glad that DLCs aren't a nightmare with the new X1 dash update. Can get a bit crazy when installing (notifications hell lol) but nothing major.

Loona

I am very curious to see how they handle Mai, Maximum Impact doesn't count at all as that still played like a 2D fighter.

MI did have side stepping dodges instead of the 2D series' rolls, and IIRC one of the characters, Lien, had moves that relied a fair bit on that kind of 3D movement.

Mediking

Quick question.... can I just buy the DOA5LR Ultimate Content Set? Or do I need to buy the base game THEN the Ultimate Content Set???

Hubb

Quick question.... can I just buy the DOA5LR Ultimate Content Set? Or do I need to buy the base game THEN the Ultimate Content Set???

Ultimate Content Set is purely costumes. I believe it is all (or mostly) the DLC released during DoA5 Ultimate. Name is confusing, but you either need the f2p version or the paid version to use any of its content. It provides nothing but costumes. Oh it comes with some beach movies too, but yeah...

Next round of LR DLC looks like it is swimsuits. I was looking forward to the Aquaplus collab. Guess it isn't ready yet.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201608/03112464.html

Seen a couple of you vote DOA5 in this topic:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255725

Time for a few more? :p

Nah, vote what you want. Topics needs more voters.

I've been meaning to do it, I've just been lazy.

Mediking

Ultimate Content Set is purely costumes. I believe it is all (or mostly) the DLC released during DoA5 Ultimate. Name is confusing, but you either need the f2p version or the paid version to use any of its content. It provides nothing but costumes. Oh it comes with some beach movies too, but yeah...

Next round of LR DLC looks like it is swimsuits. I was looking forward to the Aquaplus collab. Guess it isn't ready yet.

I've been meaning to do it, I've just been lazy.

Awwwww.... man....

Eolz

As Hubb says below, it's just all the costumes released between Ultimate and LR but not included in the base game (some are, some aren't). Pretty sure it's on sale every year though, got it like this last year. Good deal if that's the case.

Seems like it (DOAX3 getting some from the DOA5LR preorder DLC). Isn't September the KOF DLC due to Mai too?

Hubb

Seems like it (DOAX3 getting some from the DOA5LR preorder DLC). Isn't September the KOF DLC due to Mai too?

Might be, not sure. I am looking forward to the Aquaplus one (depending on which series they pull from and who gets what).

Hubb

RIP is right. Well I guess that means we won't be getting half ass Christmas costumes this year. It is too bad, they could have done some really nice things with a Holiday theme (Christmas/New Years/Hanukkah/Ect...).

Yeah, from what we saw, SP5 has the exclusive teacher outfit for Nyotengu, a flower bikini for Kasumi (August), Mai/KOF (Sept), Halloween (Oct), Aquaplus (Dec), and more "unrevealed content." So I dunno what will be in November, or whether these swimsuit costumes we saw above are for SP5 or not, because apparently that flower bikini in the above link is part of SP5...

I think they have run out of Christmas ideas lol. I guess literally putting tree costumes on people is the next step.

Eolz

Yeah, if you look on the DLC official page, it seems the last part of SP4 was AOT+stage.
So bikinis to start SP5 indeed...
It's possible we only have one pack for October & November (Halloween), since SP3 had Naotora + her debut pack (the usual 5 costumes) + 4 actual costume packs.
That would be bikinis + KOF + Halloween + Aquaplus. Unrevealed content would be SP6.

Eolz

I'm not so sure. The "and more..." part in the SP5 slide surely hints at something more for SP5. Could only be something small, but certainly something.

Mai's debut costumes? ;p
But yeah, guess we should have an idea as soon as they officially announce that bikini pack.

Hmm, maybe. But I'd like to think they kept one or two surprises a secret. No point hoping for much lol. I'm just happy with Mai. Will definitely buy this character.

Edit: Just reconfirming that the August DLC is the Full Bloom costumes (not just the one for Kasumi and different ones for others).

Hubb

It's alright, but I'm not liking the weak breakage they added so they can charge 2.99. Specially since everyone has the same design.

Top Bottom