• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

The 100 club.

VCX33Ac.png

Hubb

Damn, Shin reigns king by a good amount.

Who are these main girls that are going to get the 6 costumes? Kasumi/Ayane/???/???/????/???

Marie, Honoka, Hitomi, Nyotengu? Maybe Tina, since she's a blonde. Maybe Momiji.

I dunno if they'd include Mai or Naotora (Mai is getting her own stuff, and not everyone may have bought Naotora... plus she sucks).

Kuksune

Me and some friends from doa are meeting up for a small event tommorrow 'til sunday. We're gonna stream then, so i'll hope we'll see some of you guys on the stream tommorrow :)

Mesharey

Didn't see it before, will do.

Will be:
DoA5
DoA4
DoA3
DoA2 Ultimate
Soul Calibur 1 or 5

Honorable mentions
Tekken 3
Virtua Fighter 4 or 5

5 games and 2 honorable mentions right?

Eolz

5 honorable mentions. Scoring is well designed too, so you can avoid giving an order if you want (as long as you say what is the main vote and what is the honorable mention).

DOA Ultimate changed and added some new gameplay features to DOA2, didn't it? I know they added slopes, but what else?

I'm wondering if he will be classing DOA Ult and DOA2/Hardcore as a single entry.

Also, I wonder why they dropped the "Hardcore" part in Europe for the PS2 release of DOA2.

btw that's some hardcore DOA repping there, Mesh ;) Wish I got me an Xbox 360 so I didn't miss out on those games.

Mesharey

Added Hitomi!
Also, stages, costumes, online, new opening movie.. that's what I remember, it's a lot different than 2.

I really started loving the series after playing DoA3, I played DOA2 Dreamcast version but I just liked it, didn't love it, from 3 I've been loving each game.

Ah yeah, I would have loved to play DOA2 online.

Just checked some info on DOA2 Ultimate, and they added the 4-hold system instead of the original 3-hold. Quite a few nice new things in there!

IconGrist

Hey, there was a DLC for Mila, like some sort of bikini with her top just being a string of flowers. I believe Hitomi and Kasumi have a similar outfit but I couldn't find it for Mila. Was it never released for purchase?

Hey, there was a DLC for Mila, like some sort of bikini with her top just being a string of flowers. I believe Hitomi and Kasumi have a similar outfit but I couldn't find it for Mila. Was it never released for purchase?

That's Mila's Aloha/Last Getaway costume. Search "Aloha" in the PS Store.

It's actually a bit different to some of the other girls' though; she wears a ring of flowers on her head:

c_063_10.jpg

IconGrist

Thanks. I could have sworn it was identical to the other Aloha outfits. Did any of you spring on everything? I can't imagine how much I've spent on DLC already and it seems like there's another $450 or so worth to go, lol. I bought the first season pass back when it first hit, stopped playing (caught up in other games) and now I'm like, "Daaaaaaaaaamn...."

I don't know if anyone in here has been buying all the season passes.

I've only ever bought about 3 costumes for Kasumi, and got lucky winning a SP3 code on twitter.

Eolz

Got the SP3 in a twitter contest like Azuardo :p
Apart from that, bought the Deception pack, the pack with the stuff between Ultimate and Last Round (that was on sale for 30€ or so, lots of costumes), and my JP collector edition had all the preorder costumes (Ninja 2015 and all the aloha stuff).

Might be tempted by the next season pass due to Mai, but will wait on more details first.

bnx

Thanks. I could have sworn it was identical to the other Aloha outfits. Did any of you spring on everything? I can't imagine how much I've spent on DLC already and it seems like there's another $450 or so worth to go, lol. I bought the first season pass back when it first hit, stopped playing (caught up in other games) and now I'm like, "Daaaaaaaaaamn...."

I'm missing Season Pass 3. I have all the other packs. Did NOT drop the full $92.99 on ANY of them. To some degree, a discount was involved in every purchase. The combination of finding PSN gift cards at a discount and coming across a couple of 10-20% off discount codes made the purchases a lot easier to make. I might have purchased one when I got 15 bucks from SONY when they were doing a spend $100 get $15 back promotion too lol.

Recent example, I bought Season Pass 4 and 5 for $148. Bought $150 worth of PSN cards for $128. and applied a 20% off discount code at checkout. I paid 5 bucks for the code so basically $133 for the 2 passes.

Think its my first time posting here. Owned the game for over a year. Haven't played much this year due to the backlog but still try to get some playtime in. Can't wait for Dead or Alive 6.

Eolz

I'm missing Season Pass 3. I have all the other packs. Did NOT drop the full $92.99 on ANY of them. To some degree, a discount was involved in every purchase. The combination of finding PSN gift cards at a discount and coming across a couple of 10-20% off discount codes made the purchases a lot easier to make. I might have purchased one when I got 15 bucks from SONY when they were doing a spend $100 get $15 back promotion too lol.

Recent example, I bought Season Pass 4 and 5 for $148. Bought $150 worth of PSN cards for $128. and applied a 20% off discount code at checkout. I paid 5 bucks for the code so basically $133 for the 2 passes.

Think its my first time posting here. Owned the game for over a year. Haven't played much this year due to the backlog but still try to get some playtime in. Can't wait for Dead or Alive 6.

Welcome to the OT!
And welcome to the DOA6 waiting club :p

Eolz

I hope Mila makes it back in. Love Mila.

I'm sure she'll stay there, no reason to leave, unlike the guest characters (Mai/Naotara/VF, possibly Raidou/Phase 4). I can only see the cast expand for DOA tbh.

No thanks, they've been upping the boob jobs too much. Variety is the spice of life. They need to dial Ayane back down from X3.

I hope Mila stays like she is, but to be fair, Ayane actually went back to her canon size. They'll probably get some middle ground between DOA5 and X3 for the girls that were in X3

Always makes me happy to see support for Mila. I fear she isn't well liked in Japan, unfortunately, so we gotta fight hard for her :mad:

Do think she'll stay tho. Good to have an MMA girl in there. And stay as she is, too.

Top Bottom