• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

mcz117chief

Mila is definitely my favourite new character. I would put her in my top three with Kasumi and Ryu. She has a great voice actress, good fighting style and is overall a real treat to play. A real shame she didn't get a Fairy Tail costume :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
A bit random, but I recently got a Surface Pro 4 and have been messing around with various games to see how they run on (or IF they run) on it. DOA5LR runs insanely well and I was shocked how smooth it played with all the default settings on. I realize it's basically an uprezzed PS3 port, but it's still impressive seeing it playing on a tablet.

She looks great. Very true to KOF. Although I did expect her Power Blow to be like her KOF14 one, zipping through the air, but I guess that seemed too similar to one or two of the DOA ninjas, and they wanted something different.

Naotara is free to play right now? Sweet. Been wanting to try her out. Anyway:

MuTuoyn.jpg

Hubb

Mid month is when they usually drop the DLC so most likely the 13th of September. Possibly the 20th if we are unlucky.

IconGrist

Hands up: who is definitely buying Mai?

Count me in.

I buy the characters pretty much blind. I hadn't played for a while and suddenly there was Nao(something or other) - I watched no videos, saw no pictures, just bought her. Mai is definitely being bought.

Loona

Hands up: who is definitely buying Mai?

Count me in.

I like SNK more than I do DoA - I loved DoA5, bought Ultimare too, but didn't take the jump with LR after Marie Rose speared to game's direction back to focus on the brand o fanservice the series is infamous for.

Mai's bringing me back, getting LR when she's released.

Hubb

Left the game because of fan service and now coming back due to a fan service character. Is this what they call poetic justice?

BstnRich

So I downloaded the free version of Last Round on PS4 awhile back and play it on occasion. Always been a fan of The DoA series, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about purchasing the game in such a way that I get the full experience without overpaying. I'd love to at least start with every character and every mode available as the FTP version is very limited in both regards.

It's just so daunting because I go into the store and its ~$30-$40 for both the female cast and male cast. Nearly $100 for each season pass and countless outfits. So if I just want what would have been just a complete game with all modes and characters - what would be the best way to get that and how much should I expect to pay?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I downloaded the free version of Last Round on PS4 awhile back and play it on occasion. Always been a fan of The DoA series, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about purchasing the game in such a way that I get the full experience without overpaying. I'd love to at least start with every character and every mode available as the FTP version is very limited in both regards.

It's just so daunting because I go into the store and its ~$30-$40 for both the female cast and male cast. Nearly $100 for each season pass and countless outfits. So if I just want what would have been just a complete game with all modes and characters - what would be the best way to get that and how much should I expect to pay?

The game has a lot of outfits per character which you dont have to buy. The 40 buck version gives you the story mode and all characters except Mai and Naotara Li or whatever her name is which you have to buy separate I think.

Are you digital only? The disc version is cheap as chips to buy now, and is only missing Naotora and possibly Nyotengu.

Although not sure what you mean by lack of modes in the F2P version. It's only missing the story mode. That's one of the praises the F2P version gets - that you can play almost everything minus the story, and just buy the characters that interest you. But as for which deal to buy to unlock everything for digital only, I haven't looked into that...

ShinAmano

So...fired up doa for first time in months. As for dlc...how do I catch up (with the catalog packs. ..do I have to download them all or just the latest one)?

Also is there a website that shows what costumes look like...and what packs include? The store on Xbox seems to do a terrible job of showing what you are actually buying.

So...fired up doa for first time in months. As for dlc...how do I catch up (with the catalog packs. ..do I have to download them all or just the latest one)?

Also is there a website that shows what costumes look like...and what packs include? The store on Xbox seems to do a terrible job of showing what you are actually buying.

For the catalogue packs, you're gonna need to download them all. Not really too much hassle if you just search "catalog" in the PS Store tbh, but there is quite a few of them by now, with some only made for one or two costumes.

Hubb

That sale should be on thursday if it exists. And if it is, they are preparing some dlc blow out, I can't wait.

If they actually throw out some sales on single costumes
they won't
, I may buy some.

Yeah just double checked all are still $3.99 oh well back to the PC version. RIP new stages

Yeah I should have put in my post that I checked and they weren't free. Would be a slap in the face to people who bought the new girl not that long ago. Worth a look though.

EDIT: DLC is out it is just a pack though, not interested.

Mesharey

Fun videos!
They make me wanna play lol, the demon Ayane costume is so good, dunno if I have it or not (I don't have season pass 1 only, got 3 & 4 from KT Europe for free and bought season pass 2 40% off :3).

Edit: I remembered there's season pass 5 now lol.

Hubb

I'm going to be traveling during that week so probably won't get to check her out until that weekend. I'll have to settle for watching gameplay vids.

Aku-Audi

Quick question. Are the season passes ever on sale? Anyway to keep up with information on that sort of stuff? Someone gifted me the game but the whole dlc thing is quite daunting

Top Bottom