• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

To the people who don't like them, what would you prefer for Halloween costumes?

I'm personally a sucker for the full suits, like Jann's crocodile. Put Honoka in a cow already.

Eolz

I think they are mostly better than last year.
One of the problems with the fan designs is that TN is following them as much as they can, which means that sometimes the colors just look wrong, or some details like those. Wouldn't mind them being redesigned a little bit, but at least they're original. That's a good break from the others.

I'd just like them to release a final casual clothing pack tbh, that was one of their best ones.

I don't mind these, either. Have had some pretty great ones out of the Halloween packs. Marie's witch is one of my faves. I think devil Kasumi (assuming it's her and not Phase) will look great, even if it's an easy option.
DOA5U_halloween_vol2_marie_rose_costume_15.jpg

It's when they do cheap ass costumes, like that recent flower pack, with the petals breaking off for destruction. I think there was also a cheap looking Valentine's one, too.

Definitely second wanting another casual pack. I love this one.

Hubb

I like most of the Halloween costumes, and they are the costume packs I look forward to the most. I want them to go as crazy as possible with what they come up with.

I'd be down for another casual pack, but is this suppose to be the last costume pack?

Nah, it's just her pumpkin accessory covering her head lol.

Oh wow, do I need glasses?

To the people who don't like them, what would you prefer for Halloween costumes?

The ones I don't really like right now are just because I'm not a huge fan of the fan design itself, so it's mainly a personal preference and not a "this is objectively bad". And as I said before I'd have to see the full 3D outfit first, maybe I'm not a fan of the tiny preview but the full model will surprise me :p

As for more casual outfits, YES please. That was definitely one of my favourite DLC packs! I don't think they sold well though :(

Hubb

Unlikely. People have always assumed different packs would be the last, and they kept on giving, so I expect more lol.

Yeah I don't think they're going to stop until DoA6 lol.

I could see them announcing the last DLC the same day they announce DoA6, but nothing after that. I want DoA6, but the longer they hold off the more likely there will be no cross gen bullshit or Vita version. I love my Vita, but I want the only thing holding back DoA6 to be the PS4.

Hey, if the designs are good then it should win regardless of who won it before imo. :)

I mean, I guess so, but seems a bit shit that Hayate and 'Busa both get the same thing, pretty much.

I'd guess the artist was submitting it for both characters in the hope it would win for one of them, not really both of them. I can see why some other entrants would be annoyed.

Kuksune

Does online even work in this game? I've searched for matches and never find any.
I have set on region: any and min grade: LR and max grade: diamond. i get ppl frequently.

I mean, I guess so, but seems a bit shit that Hayate and 'Busa both get the same thing, pretty much.

I'd guess the artist was submitting it for both characters in the hope it would win for one of them, not really both of them. I can see why some other entrants would be annoyed.

Ah, now i understand a little better. Yeah it's shitty that Hayate and Hayabusa gets the same costume with different colors only. Were there any good designs for them though? I haven't checked out all of the entrys.

Skilletor

I have set on region: any and min grade: LR and max grade: diamond. i get ppl frequently.

Ah, now i understand a little better. Yeah it's shitty that Hayate and Hayabusa gets the same costume with different colors only. Were there any good designs for them though? I haven't checked out all of the entrys.

Cool...I've heard that onilne is good on PC under good conditions. I'll have to try again.

Just give us 2p lobbies for christ's sake. This has been so shitty.

Hubb

Cool...I've heard that onilne is good on PC under good conditions. I'll have to try again.

Just give us 2p lobbies for christ's sake. This has been so shitty.

Yeah I don't know what their issue is. If you listen to Shin they don't give a fuck, but if they are wasting their time putting the F2P version on Steam someone in that company has to care.

I get that it wasn't a big team that ported it, I don't know maybe I am underestimating how tough putting lobbies in would be.

Ctz8WFsVYAAf7-A.jpg

Kasumi

So I guess the red devil is defo Phase 4. Not sure which I prefer. Will have to wait till I see the full costumes, but I was quite looking forward to the idea of devil Kasumi.

Hubb

It's kind of nice only liking a couple of them this year. Save more money.

Yep. I've played too many games (and still do) that use costumes to make money. I've learned pretty quickly to only buy for characters I will actually use and only a couple of costumes for those characters. Otherwise League of Legends would have bankrupted me.

I'm pretty bummed out about this. My friend submitted an awesome entry for Bayman, and I was really hoping it would be chosen.

And they've selected yet another idea from the artist linked above. (Who's already had 5 of his ideas made into outfits in the game.) He does fine work, but I think Koei Tecmo should be a bit more even handed when choosing winning entries.

Eolz

heads-up, the super good DLC pack at 22£ for 90+ costumes will be on sale for the last time tomorrow apparently.
I think the details are on the last page, but just search for the anniversary DLC otherwise.

I'm pretty bummed out about this. My friend submitted an awesome entry for Bayman, and I was really hoping it would be chosen.

And they've selected yet another idea from the artist linked above. (Who's already had 5 of his ideas made into outfits in the game.) He does fine work, but I think Koei Tecmo should be a bit more even handed when choosing winning entries.

Got a link to his entry? I'd like to judge for myself if this Chris Redfield basic samurai outfit copy is really better.

heads-up, the super good DLC pack at 22£ for 90+ costumes will be on sale for the last time tomorrow apparently.
I think the details are on the last page, but just search for the anniversary DLC otherwise.

Buy this btw. Hasn't been a better DLC sale price I've seen for this game.

Eh, they should just pick who they think is good. The idea of divvying up wins just because is grade-school stuff.
There's been lots of great designs submitted so when someone wins six times, it feels a bit off. I don't want to disparage anyone's entry but it's certainly not due to a lack of choice.

Got a link to his entry? I'd like to judge for myself if this Chris Redfield basic samurai outfit copy is really better.
I'll have to ask if he's okay with me posting it here.

There's been lots of great designs submitted so when someone wins six times, it feels a bit off. I don't want to disparage anyone's entry but it's certainly not due to a lack of choice.

I'd also say that TN has also picked some really poor drawings in terms of artistic ability, but they've brought the actual designs to life in wonderful ways. Thought it was really good of them to choose some of the less talented entries over many of the talented ones. I can't imagine this Bayman outfit is one of the best designs out there.

I'll have to ask if he's okay with me posting it here.

Sure. Could PM it. But don't worry if he doesn't want to share it.

Eolz

Just got the anniversary pack, and they actually put a bit of work for the Fighter Force DLC!
Also, I know they're mostly recolors, but I love those ninja costumes.

Top Bottom