• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Mesharey

Yeah, I have booked 12th to 20th November off work, so I'm hoping between those dates is best for everyone.
I'm up for any day if it's not too late (if it's weekend I don't mind if it's late).

11/11, 17/11, 18/11, these are my suggestions, up for other dates too.

If ayane's hair looked better I'd consider ordering. I'm still waiting for a good Kasumi figure. I'd buy that Marie Rose one if I could first get a good Kasumi

Kuksune

I created an event on playstation now for our doa play session. I invited Shin, Azuardo and Cocod-or since i only had those guys on my friend list. You can ask me or those guys to get invited to the event.

Let's get some names down.

For now, let's agree on a date of the night of Friday, 11th November, which may mean running into early morning Saturday for UK/Europe folks, if previous tourneys have been anything to go by, so Europe guys must be prepared for that.

If anyone prefers a different date between 11th and 20th November, please suggest (I am free any time between these dates).

Will update the list as we get more people signing up.

GAF DOA5LR PS4 Tourney Entrants:
Azuardo
Mesharey
Kuksune
Eolz

Will wait for others to confirm before adding.

Please also share your PSN name, so it's easier for us all to get us involved.

Have put up a Challonge bracket:

http://challonge.com/doa5gaf

Eolz

Looks good, just not $325 good.

Yeah, their figures are way too overpriced.
Let's hope the Marie figures sell well so we'll get more from that company instead. I wish there'd be some Nendoroids too...

I'm up for any day if it's not too late (if it's weekend I don't mind if it's late).

11/11, 17/11, 18/11, these are my suggestions, up for other dates too.

I forget which date Cocod said was best for him now. But any of those is fine for me, I think.

Weekends are always good to me, and weekdays should be fine as long as I know about it obviously.

I created an event on playstation now for our doa play session. I invited Shin, Azuardo and Cocod-or since i only had those guys on my friend list. You can ask me or those guys to get invited to the event.

For now, let's agree on a date of the night of Friday, 11th November, which may mean running into early morning Saturday for UK/Europe folks, if previous tourneys have been anything to go by, so Europe guys must be prepared for that.

If anyone prefers a different date between 11th and 20th November, please suggest (I am free any time between these dates).

Azuardo
Mesharey
Kuksune
Eolz

Sounds good to me!

Azuardo
Mesharey
Kuksune
Eolz
Via Purifico

I'm in. PSN is ariesboy_88

I am certain he is, but will wait till the man confirms himself before adding him. Reveal yourself, Shin!

I sent Kuksune a list of PSN guys who might be up for the tourney to invite them into the event on PSN, but I noticed the event only has up to 8 participants. Dunno if that can be increased, but in any case, the event isn't really important - it's more just a reminder closer to the time, I guess. We'll just use this topic, perhaps party chat on PSN and the in-game lobby to communicate. Doesn't matter if some people don't join the PSN event group.

Kuksune

I am certain he is, but will wait till the man confirms himself before adding him. Reveal yourself, Shin!

I sent Kuksune a list of PSN guys who might be up for the tourney to invite them into the event on PSN, but I noticed the event only has up to 8 participants. Dunno if that can be increased, but in any case, the event isn't really important - it's more just a reminder closer to the time, I guess. We'll just use this topic, perhaps party chat on PSN and the in-game lobby to communicate. Doesn't matter if some people don't join the PSN event group.
I have invited everyone on that list, now we just wait and see if anyone is down to play.

Max amount on pepole in ps events is 8. But its more of a reminder for the participants.
I hope everyone can join!

Yeah, it's always a shit time for you, Mesh lol.

I was thinking tho, if we do Friday night, some US guys could still be in work/school, so don't know if it's better to do a weekend day like Saturday. I may not be able to do Sat, 12th tho, since I'll be watching Wales lol. But I could still make it after the game.

I'll keep it the same date for now, but we'll see what most people say.

I dropped a message to the guys on my PSN and from last tourney that I remember to ask them to sign up here if interested. Spread the word if poss!

ShinMaruku

tumblr_odj3cshncV1t5k8i7o1_540.gif

がんばってね

Join in! Azuardo seems to be taking care of the event so far, and I think Shin did the gaf psn group.

Was me actually, haha. It was when they added the groups update, and I thought it meant you could simply organise your friends into specific groups for easy searching. Tried to make a DOA list so I knew which were my DOA friends, but turns out it creates a group for everyone to chat in and all get notifications from...resulting in disappointment and people leaving from annoying messages XD

Some still remained in it tho, so I will drop a message in there again.

Thought we'd get more interest than this tho! Sent a big message out the other day to a whole bunch of people, but no one has turned up with a reply :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I dropped a message to the guys on my PSN and from last tourney that I remember to ask them to sign up here if interested. Spread the word if poss!

Got your message but am unsure if I can commit to it. Haven't been playing this game at all recently. Although this would be a fun reason to get in some practice. Hmm...

I don't mind entering, but I haven't seriously played DOA5 in so long. I mean many, many months, so I got to get used to the mechanics again. Also, not sure if I can enter on the 11th at that time because I am starting a new job, but I can definitely try.

We still good for the tourney on Friday 11th? I've put a rough start time of 10pm GMT, but I think any US people might want to start a bit later, so it might be closer to midnight or after then for EU guys.

I have the following people confirmed:

Az
Mesh
Cocod
kurtsune
ariesboy

Even after group messaging people on PSN...there isn't as many as I hoped :( Looks like this might be the last big hurrah for DOA GAF till DOA6 rolls along!

Mesharey

Should be good for me, hopefully more can join, easy 20$ too! :p

And actually the time will be 1 am to me (PSN event time confused me), not bad at all.

Edit: if more can join other time I don't mind.

Eolz

Woah that new Marie figure!
Wondering if a thread should be created tbh... I think this might be a bad idea, but at least maybe in the Fighting Games general thread here?

Roll calling again for Friday's tourney!!

I don't mind if it's a small group... will make it easier and quicker to get through... but it would still be nice if a few more could join.

I'm hoping 10pm GMT (11pm CET). The US guys haven't said that's a problem yet (well, just aries and Shin lol). But I'm okay with starting a bit later if they need.

Top Bottom