• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

IbukiLordSA

King of Fighters vs Virtua Fighter in a Dead or Alive game!!!!! Amazing

QC4RPWZ.jpg

V4MxOnu.jpg

CO21e24.jpg

shTmX9p.jpg

BQBUBWS.jpg

PiDFI76.jpg

Yeah, average consumer won't care about rights and costs with other devs. Do agree DLC characters should be fixed price of £4 or £5. Bit cheeky.

I will make sure I get that tag combo. Still miffed at lack of tag throws and scenes tho.

Synth

I don't know about that, Sega is very good with the dlc thing since they have been doing it longer than other companies with the mobile sector their services and their games that run on dlc prices. They would not be free if they were not in the initial plans for the game.

I was mostly joking, but unfortunately I would imagine that much like the game they come from, the characters would have a hard time drawing interest in the way a character like Mai would, if they weren't readily included. I mean... King of Fighters XIV may not be the biggest release ever, but how many quality fighters see their console release as a PS+ offering? lol

Plus this is still the company that was paying companies like KFC to advertise their shit for them ingame. :p

ShinMaruku

I am sure Mai is charged so because it's SNK the lateness of he release and the fact that they feel they can charge a premium. That said if the sales are not brisk enough you will see a change in price. Her DLC outfits seem to be in line with Lady Naotora.

Can we set a GAF tourney in advance again for week November 12-20? I am off work then, so I know I would be free to take part, and gives some time for others to hopefully try and make it too.

We haven't had one in a while!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we set a GAF tourney in advance again for week November 12-20? I am off work then, so I know I would be free to take part, and gives some time for others to hopefully try and make it too.

If I had a PS4 I would use my Tina against you again ;)

Hubb

Setting up something in advance would really help trying to make time for it.

Eolz

Can't on the 16 and 19 nights, but would be glad to take some time any other day!

Setting up something in advance would really help trying to make time for it.
Agreed

Weekend dates are probably best for people, but let's rule out 19th.

How about:

- Friday 11th Nov
- Saturday 12th Nov
- Friday 18th Nov

Any of those dates sound okay to anyone?

Eolz

Oh wait, November? Sorry thought it was this month.
As far as I know, it should be fine for me (hopefully ahah). Will manage to plan it in advance anyway.

they don't give english voices to crossover characters who didn't have an english voice originally. It's the same vice versa in that they didn't give japanese voice to Sarah
Wasn't a lot from those characters copied and pasted from virtua fighter 5?

Eolz

Or the PC getting updated to the console version

But they rather make more shitty DLC instead

They're doing what is bringing money to be fair. I really doubt PC getting the PS4 version would have resulted in more sales and less piracy, same for DLC there.

Maybe DOA6 will be planned like it from the start at least.

Hubb

Given that all their subsequent games are not on pc points to that it is a less likely possibility.

They've only released 1 console game since LR, and without that game coming West they wouldn't waste time porting to PC.

We'll see if Nioh Eventually makes its way to PC with a GOTY edition. I can see them pushing back on making a PC version (DOA6) though. I think they are scared the mods will eat up their DLC, but that doesn't stop LoL, SFV, or any other cosmetic DLC from making bank.

CD'S BAR

For outfits with alternate versions like the schoolgirl strikers thing, is it just a simple button press to change into the alternate?

CD'S BAR

Yeah, taunt button. L1 for me.

Destructible outfits, you need to take heavy damage, like a critical burst or power blow.

Sweet, thanks. I don't know why in the outfit descriptions it says "Certain battle conditions must be met" or something like that. Makes it sounder harder than it is.

Im gonna buy Mai in the next few days, even though she is a bit pricey.
Her appearance and her moveset both looked great from what I saw on youtube.

Hero

Bought Last Round since my friends were talking about hooking up the OG Xbox to play some DoA 3 and definitely don't want to go back to that.

Game is actually really good! I'm...kind of surprised?! Lots of characters, stages, built in costumes...

What DLC characters are there besides Mai?

And how often do costumes/costume sets go on sale? I'd like to support TK further since I got the game for free, but damn some of this stuff is pricey.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bought Last Round since my friends were talking about hooking up the OG Xbox to play some DoA 3 and definitely don't want to go back to that.

Game is actually really good! I'm...kind of surprised?! Lots of characters, stages, built in costumes...

What DLC characters are there besides Mai?

And how often do costumes/costume sets go on sale? I'd like to support TK further since I got the game for free, but damn some of this stuff is pricey.

DLC: Naotara Li.
I think they go to sale once or twice a year but I havent followed that part as much.

Top Bottom