• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Kumubou

For anyone too lazy to do the conversions, 10 PM GMT comes out to 2 PM PST or 5 PM EST.

I dunno if I'll sign up -- I haven't played the game much in a while. Playing this game always seems like a good idea, then I get online and get lagged out and want to punch kittens.

Meh, I haven't played this properly in about a year. I'll probably hit the training mode prior to the tourney tomorrow and that'll be it lol.

Eolz

By the way, forgot about it, but what are we doing in terms of matches?
Best out of 3 matches of 3 rounds, and counterpick allowed for the loser?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
For anyone too lazy to do the conversions, 10 PM GMT comes out to 2 PM PST or 5 PM EST.

I dunno if I'll sign up -- I haven't played the game much in a while. Playing this game always seems like a good idea, then I get online and get lagged out and want to punch kittens.

5pm EST? No can do for me guys. Too early.

Want to spar?

Might be able to in an hour or so if you're still around (edit: I'll have to refuse the offer at this time now, but perhaps before the tourney I will).

As for rounds, yeah, best of 3 (first to 2 match wins) for everything except the winners final, which is 5.

We can start a tad later if need be, like 7 EST?

Yeah, need both sides of the pond to let us know what the earliest time they can start is (for US guys) and the latest to start (for EU guys). I'm trying to find the middle ground and think midnight GMT (1am CET) start time is about the best for both (so that would be 7pm EST). It'll probably run for a couple of hours, but should be done before then if it's just about 6 of us.

Cool. So just over 5 hours till we start.

If we could get everyone together a good 15 mins beforehand, that would be good. Maybe do some sparring in the build up to it if anyone's on earlier.

Kuksune

Cool. So just over 5 hours till we start.

If we could get everyone together a good 15 mins beforehand, that would be good. Maybe do some sparring in the build up to it if anyone's on earlier.
Yeah we could have a sparring lobby before the little tourney :)

Eolz

I'll definitely be there for the event (15mn before). Midnight UK time right?
Will try to be there even earlier as well :)

Yeah, midnight. Thanks for confirming :) Sounds like we're all good. Could do with Shin confirming if he'll be there on time, but sounds like everyone else is okay.

Eolz

Makes sense for some to not reply yet with the different timezones and all :p

And lol, good thing I've just went online, my PS+ subscription was ending tonight with no auto renewal! (obviously it's good now)

Makes sense for some to not reply yet with the different timezones and all :p

And lol, good thing I've just went online, my PS+ subscription was ending tonight with no auto renewal! (obviously it's good now)

lol what timing.

I'll be on shortly for some practicing.

Mesharey

Was a lot of fun!
Thanks everyone for joining and thanks Shin and Azuardo for organizing it! It wouldn't happen without you. :3

Yeah, Shin will post the link when it's up. I saved my own matches and will try to upload tomorrow.

He said it should be up in about 15-25 mins.

Looks like that started a bit later into the tourney as it missed the first round of matches lol. Also, did I sound all echoey during the tourney like that? :/

lol Shin, some of the matches (at least, me versus Cocod) is just you sitting on the lobby screen XD I hope people did save their replays haha.

I'm putting some of my uploads up and will link them when I can. Looks like I sadly forgot to save a couple of matches, so if any of my opponents saved them, please share :)

If anyone's got matches to upload, do share and we can get a full list together. I forgot to save some of mine.

For my own matches, I'm missing these:

vs. kurtsune match 1/3
vs. mesh match 1/2 (round 2)
vs. shin match 2/3

round 1
kurtsune vs. azuardo
match 1/3
match 2/3
match 3/3

cocod vs. aries
match 1/2
match 2/2

round 2
mesh vs. azuardo
match 1/2
match 2/2

shin vs. aries
match 1/2
match 2/2

losers round 1
shin vs. kurtsune
match 1/2
match 2/2

azuardo vs. cocod
match 1/2
match 2/2

losers round 2
shin vs. azuardo
match 1/3
match 2/3
match 3/3

semi finals
mesh vs. aries
match 1/3
match 2/3
match 3/3

losers round 3
aries vs. azuardo
match 1/3
match 2/3
match 3/3

final
mesh vs. azuardo
match 1/3
match 2/3
match 3/3

3DiI3ry.png

hampig

Sorry about my ignorance but I want to check something.

If I have Core Fighters on PS4, can I play online and basically access all the features of the game - some stages and characters? How does that work?

If I have Core Fighters on PS4, can I play online and basically access all the features of the game - some stages and characters? How does that work?

As long as you have PS+ you can play online against everyone else with the full game or Core Fighters.

You get the full game (minus story mode, which can be bought) and four permanent characters. The other characters can be bought. They often have one or two characters on a timed unlock so players can try them out, then decide to buy afterwards.

I believe all stages are in the free version, but may need unlocking like in the full game through playing a certain number of online matches or whatever. There is one stage that must be bought like everyone else tho (Attack on Titan stage, but no one bought it lol).

Eolz

Will try to upload my matches tonight :)

So good! Damn, I want that pack.
I guess the flower choices have some meaning?

edit:

As Azuardo said in the previous post, you basically have access to nearly everything apart from 1 stage and most characters (some can be free permanently, better take a look, and some are free on a rotation). You also don't have access to the story mode and some music. Costume DLC is the same amount for Core Fighters and full version owners, there's no special treatment there.

And obviously, yeah, as long as you have PS+, you can play online.

edit 2: Tina is currently permanently free if you have PS+! You should get her, she's really fun to play :)
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/793747004136435713

hampig

As long as you have PS+ you can play online against everyone else with the full game or Core Fighters.

You get the full game (minus story mode, which can be bought) and four permanent characters. The other characters can be bought. They often have one or two characters on a timed unlock so players can try them out, then decide to buy afterwards.

I believe all stages are in the free version, but may need unlocking like in the full game through playing a certain number of online matches or whatever. There is one stage that must be bought like everyone else tho (Attack on Titan stage, but no one bought it lol).

Awesome, thank you!

Will try to upload my matches tonight :)

edit 2: Tina is currently permanently free if you have PS+! You should get her, she's really fun to play :)
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/793747004136435713

What's the online community look like for this game currently?

Top Bottom