• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Uploaded my matches from this tournament:

VS Aries 1 & 2
VS Azuardo 1 & 2

What's the online community look like for this game currently?

To be honest, there's not many people in ranked anymore, and you have to find other people interested to make lobbies. Not that hard to find, just the same people most of the time.
There's still people online, but a lot of people play other games most of the time. That's partly why (imo) people hope to get a DOA6 announcement soon, since LR was mostly just transferring 5 to this gen, albeit with good support.

Also, PS4 is where the biggest userbase is for this game. I don't think anybody play on 360 or X1 anymore, maybe some on PS3 and PC.

So Tina is free to download with PS plus. I had no idea. Does anyone know if this lasts as long as you have plus? Any other characters as well?

Eolz

I believe this is the first time you need PS+ to get a character for free, but it should be forever, it happens from time to time to have a character you can get for free, usually to celebrate downloads, and only one at a time.
The ones that are free just for some time are those on a rotation every two weeks (Raidou and Honoka right now?).

Mediking

Just bought this game a few days ago and I gotta admit... I'm impressed. The story mode is charming and has sexual tension (something Street Fighter V lacks). The graphics is pretty nice too.

The only way to unlock that private paradise stuff is to buy it on PSN? I don't even see it on PSN..

EDIT: HHAHAH! Found it!

Eolz

isn't there supposed to be another free character for the steam version of Core Fighters at some point?

Mila was completely free for one month, I'm sure they'll do it again next time they hit a download milestone. Tina as a PS+ exclusive was a bit out of nowhere.

Just bought Mai along with Doom thanks to the 10% off code and I most say I'm really liking her to the point that she might become my second pick replacing Marie Rose. Team Ninja please let Mai return in DOA6, I'm not good at fighting games and usually don't have the patience to learn a new character so don't make the time I spend on learning her be a waste!

Also, did a patch or something broke Nyotengu's wings animation? I don't see anyone mention it so maybe it's a problem with my copy of the game?

Also, did a patch or something broke Nyotengu's wings animation? I don't see anyone mention it so maybe it's a problem with my copy of the game?

Need more info/video. Not heard/seen this, but I haven't played properly for a while.

It would be nice if they could let Mai return. That's always the worry with fighting games when you learn a character that isn't a mainstay - you don't know if they're gonna return in the next one.

Need more info/video. Not heard/seen this, but I haven't played properly for a while.
Her wings don't flap anymore.
https://youtu.be/vHcHFMlScY4
I tried changing costume, quitting the game, changing modes and restarting the PS4. The only other thing I can think about is that I'm still downloading Doom (68.540 GB >_<) but I paused it and it's still doing the same thing. Maybe I'm the only one that still uses the great Nyotengu as my main and that's why I noticed it? T_T

PS: Forgot to mention, I play on PS4. Also found that some other people have noticed the same thing at Freestepdodge so I guess I'll have to wait for a patch that fixes her wings animation.

Ferr986

I've been playing this game again randomly these days out of boredom (waiting for FFXV) and I tried Mai, and I have to say:

1) she's expensive as fuck
2) but she's also awesome as fuck. Super fun moveset.

If she comes back to DOA6 (and she must, srsly, pay whatever it's needed to make it happen TN, you guys already got too much money with outfits) she will def be my main with Hitomi.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I wouldn't bank on seeing guest characters(Naotora aside) return for a potential sequel. Typically doesn't happen.

Also why would they release DOA6 when they can keep making money on that DOA5 DLC? lolol.

Speaking of which, I got a PS4 Pro last night. Dreading having to re-download all this content.

Hubb

Also why would they release DOA6 when they can keep making money on that DOA5 DLC? lolol.

Because the pool of players you are milking grows smaller every month. Releasing DoA6 gives them a boost of players and tons of DLC already designed to resell to people. I'm ready for it, but I don't expect it in 2017. Announcement in 2017 with a 2018 release, though I may change my mind depending on if this December is the last month of DLC or if they announce another DLC season.

Mai looks closer to a proper DOA character than Marie and Honoka though (same really with Sarah and Pai).
I dont know what thats supposed to mean, but its really irrelevant to my issue. Marie and Honoka are DOA characters. Part of the DOA universe. I dont mind them mixing it up and trying different shit with characters, I just want new original characters that are part of the games universe

I'm so hungry for DOA6 it's unreal. I bought Mai, but I've hardly touched the game for too long. Still hope they could announce now/early next year and still release in 2017, but think Hubb's assumption is more likely.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm so hungry for DOA6 it's unreal. I bought Mai, but I've hardly touched the game for too long. Still hope they could announce now/early next year and still release in 2017, but think Hubb's assumption is more likely.

I also wish they would move on to DOA6. It's nice to see a game getting support for so long, but I also haven't touched it in a long time (ps3).

Timu

I just bought this, lol.

dead-or-alive-5-last-round_20150907210600.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My thirst for DOA6 grows stronger and more when thinking what they can technically do with PS4 and XBOne. It should be gorgeous and they better not fuck with the fighting system and improve the minor tweaks 5 needed.

My thirst for DOA6 grows stronger and more when thinking what they can technically do with PS4 and XBOne. It should be gorgeous and they better not fuck with the fighting system and improve the minor tweaks 5 needed.

Yeah, defo. I just can't bring myself to really like the visuals of either SF5 or Tekkn 7, so can't wait to see how DOA6 looks.

Ganado

Hope fully they'll port the console version to PC instead of the arcade version. I've been supporting it as far as I can, but there is no denying that they dropped the bomb and hopefully they understand why. I'd love for DOA with good online.

Vazra

Yeah, defo. I just can't bring myself to really like the visuals of either SF5 or Tekken 7, so can't wait to see how DOA6 looks.

I wouldn't mind much SFV if the clipping wasn't so awful as it is. Clipping shouldn't be showing up so effortlessly in character select screen, entrances and winning/losing poses.

Tekken 7 looks alright but DOA5 character models are still more impressive to me at the moment. Tekken 7 wins at the stages but it shouldnt be complicated considered this game is from the ground up made with PS4/PC in mind instead of PS3/360

Also yes I hope they dont fuck DOA6 PC port if it happens.

I wouldn't mind much SFV if the clipping wasn't so awful as it is. Clipping shouldn't be showing up so effortlessly in character select screen, entrances and winning/losing poses.

The clipping is atrocious, almost like Capcom gives no fucks how awful it looks. I know it's impossible to cut out a lot of the time, especially during play and when you get crazy costumes, but totally agree on character select and pose movies it shouldn't be the levels it is in SFV.

TN got better with this in DOAX3, but there was still some pretty bad ones that shouldn't be happening with the hair clipping straight through the floor/beds.

I can't think for the life of me what game it was now, but I saw a brief vid of some game recently with great cloth/hair physics that didn't clip through the floor and would lay naturally. Wish I could remember it, but looked really good.

Vazra

The clipping is atrocious, almost like Capcom gives no fucks how awful it looks. I know it's impossible to cut out a lot of the time, especially during play and when you get crazy costumes, but totally agree on character select and pose movies it shouldn't be the levels it is in SFV.

TN got better with this in DOAX3, but there was still some pretty bad ones that shouldn't be happening with the hair clipping straight through the floor/beds.

I can't think for the life of me what game it was now, but I saw a brief vid of some game recently with great cloth/hair physics that didn't clip through the floor and would lay naturally. Wish I could remember it, but looked really good.
Sexy Beach? Lol

Hubb

^ Don't think so.

Dammit I got excited that all of them were revealed. I haven't bought a costume in a long time, but this set is most likely going to break that streak. Some of them have a shot at being casual and others are going to turn out just like Honoka. Just hope the characters I actually play get some good ones.

Kumubou

^ Don't think so.

Dammit I got excited that all of them were revealed. I haven't bought a costume in a long time, but this set is most likely going to break that streak. Some of them have a shot at being casual and others are going to turn out just like Honoka. Just hope the characters I actually play get some good ones.
For what it's worth, the series involved seemed to be (and a very quick summary of what the series is/about):

ToHeart (modern-day school life)
Utawarerumono (high fantasy)
White Album (idols)
BannedDungeon Travelers (fantasy, and also ANIME AS ALL HELL -- that's where Honoka's outfit is from)
Comic Party (modern-day doujin life, and where Kasumi's outfit is from)

Honestly, I only really expect the really nutty ones to be from Dungeon Travelers, as that series has some really sketchy (read: totally toward DoA's target audience :V ) outfits and designs.

Hubb

For what it's worth, the series involved seemed to be (and a very quick summary of what the series is/about):

ToHeart (modern-day school life)
Utawarerumono (high fantasy)
White Album (idols)
BannedDungeon Travelers (fantasy, and also ANIME AS ALL HELL -- that's where Honoka's outfit is from)
Comic Party (modern-day doujin life, and where Kasumi's outfit is from)

Honestly, I only really expect the really nutty ones to be from Dungeon Travelers, as that series has some really sketchy (read: totally toward DoA's target audience :V ) outfits and designs.

Oh I know/like their output. The new Utawarerumono game has a few DoA styled costumes that I expect to see at least 1 from. Outside of Dungeon Travelers, they don't really have many revealing costumes.

Hubb

Hopefully Helena and Ayane get something good, disappointed they are pretty much sticking to Utawarerumono's sequel. At least use some of the original characters/designs.

Top Bottom