• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Actually, have any DOA GAFers had their designs get in the game? I've seen a frequenter of the gfaqs board have one or two of his get in, but no one on here that I know of.

Eolz

btw how do you unlock the costumes that are shown as locked?

If it's just a basic lock (not saying you need to buy it), just need to finish any mode in any difficulty to unlock them one by one.
They're linked to the character you choose, so doing tag unlock them faster. I think Tag Time attack in easy or normal is the fastest way to do it.

If you're really busy, I think the PS4 and X1 versions still have a cheat code to unlock them all immediately though (TN did that for the players who had issues with the cross gen save transfer).

If you're really busy, I think the PS4 and X1 versions still have a cheat code to unlock them all immediately though (TN did that for the players who had issues with the cross gen save transfer).

Ah yeah, forgot that existed. Go to options menu, then hit l1, r1, l2 and r2. Gives you some other stuff like story mode progress, win/lose poses for most characters, music and system voices.

Hmm, searched online and it says press L1+L2+R1+R2 in the Options menu to unlock everything. Curious. I'll give it a whirl and update this post on whether it worked.
EDIT: It worked, thanks guys!

Tyaren

Actually, have any DOA GAFers had their designs get in the game? I've seen a frequenter of the gfaqs board have one or two of his get in, but no one on here that I know of.

I won the first costume contest with this Eliot design:

punk_rock_eliot_by_tyaren-d7czsls.jpg

So...it's okay if I don't win again... ;)
But I'd really like to see Lorelei Helena. Fits perfectly to her and the Lorelei stage.

I won the first costume contest.

So...it's okay if I don't win again... ;)
But I'd really like to see Lorelei Helena. Fits perfectly to her and the Lorelei stage.

Oh nice! That was definitely one of the best winning entries. Well done. If I remember right, I think the first contest winners had some great designs.

delSai

I had no clue they did those contests. That's really cool actually.

Also i dont know if other characters have those kind of moves, i assume they do, but Tinas wall-attacks are awesome. Man i love this character.

Tyaren

Oh nice! That was definitely one of the best winning entries. Well done. If I remember right, I think the first contest winners had some great designs.

I think so too. The Kasumi and Marie Rose design, which came 2nd and 3rd were really great. The Kasumi one was actually my personal favorite:

I had no clue they did those contests. That's really cool actually.

Yeah, they do them each year for the last 4 years. It's really cool and Team Ninja are so generous. I got so much great stuff sent from them.

I think so too. The Kasumi and Marie Rose design, which came 2nd and 3rd were really great. The Kasumi one was actually my personal favorite:

Yup, those two (Marie and Kas) were what I first thought of. Kas' valkyrie defo one of my faves of that batch. I remember a few other Kas ones being really good at the time and me finding it hard to vote for which one. I think her dress design was one that ended up in a later batch, which I was super happy about. Elegant is best for Kas :)

Coreda

Yes, there has been one. :)

I actually participated with two costumes:

The Christie costume is from last year, and I resubmitted it, The Helena costume I made this year.

Wasn't aware they create some of the costumes from community designs. They must get some nice submissions judging by the quality here.

Tyaren

Yup, those two (Marie and Kas) were what I first thought of. Kas' valkyrie defo one of my faves of that batch. I remember a few other Kas ones being really good at the time and me finding it hard to vote for which one. I think her dress design was one that ended up in a later batch, which I was super happy about. Elegant is best for Kas :)

Yes, the black dress with the cherry blossoms. So good they had to realize it later as well.

I wished they did more casual clothes contests, not just the Halloween contest. :/

Yes, the black dress with the cherry blossoms. So good they had to realize it later as well.

I wished they did more casual clothes contests, not just the Halloween contest. :/

Yep, there is a huge demand for casual costumes from the fans. Every message board I go to is fans getting super annoyed at more bikinis and wishing there were more casuals. I'm struggling to understand why TN keeps overlooking them.

Tyaren

Yep, there is a huge demand for casual costumes from the fans. Every message board I go to is fans getting super annoyed at more bikinis and wishing there were more casuals. I'm struggling to understand why TN keeps overlooking them.

Probably because the people demanding more casual clothes are actually just the vocal minority. :/ The bikinis and usual fetish stuff probably sells much better in reality.

Probably because the people demanding more casual clothes are actually just the vocal minority. :/ The bikinis and usual fetish stuff probably sells much better in reality.

It still surprises me, honestly. There are some nice bikini ones (some of the Gust ones they did were good, and I love this one), but man, I can't get over some of the casual ones in particular.

These are easily some of my faves:

She also came out of the Aquaplus mashup with positive results with this casual-like:

And of course any ninja ones they give her:

Only thing that annoys me is the heels.

Squire

Banned
TN takes the easy way out. They've finally worked up to just straight up selling swimwear from DOAX3 with this new pack it seems, even. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a whole season pass for those.

Casual costumes requires real, new design work to be done.

Cool; make a lobby whenever you want (or I can make one but you probably have a better connection), and hopefully more people join too!

I am still on wireless (shame!), but my DL speed is averaging about 30 Mbps. If you think you're better, happy for you to host.

Eolz

I managed to beat you (only when you switched characters lel)!
I feel like I can't do anything against your Kasumi combos...

Eolz

Lots of fun games! But goddamn I'm rusty ahah, even if I managed to get some wins.
We need to play again for sure!

Doesn't Rachel seem kinda needlessly slow? Her damage output isn't THAT ridiculous to justify it.

Is there something I'm not getting?

ShinMaruku

Doesn't Rachel seem kinda needlessly slow? Her damage output isn't THAT ridiculous to justify it.

Is there something I'm not getting?

Heri weight class and her unique options are what make the character. Also keep in mind her wall damage and catch throws. She does serious damage.

Eolz

Hell, Rachel has been nerfed quite a bit since her original release ahah.
A good Rachel player can still hurt you quite a bit.

Hubb

Think you're in the minority there lol. Most people don't want any rap to return.

Currently, I've switched all my menu themes to Mila's theme. Rocky-like music gets me in the mood.

I don't mind the song, it's just that once you've heard for it hours you get tired of it. There are only a select few songs I could listen to that long and not start to get bored of.

Eolz

Awesome thanks.

Man the music is pretty good in this game. Why the hell doesn't this series get more recognition!

2 and 3 got really good recognition at the time for the music.
The issue with 5 is that nearly all the character themes are actually reused from DOA4.
The stage themes are good too, but they don't matter as much as the character themes.

edit: and for the global recognition, there's the obvious stigma of waifus/etc, despite it being a fantastic fighting game series. It was also pushed against stronger (in terms of sales) games at the time, like being against VF at the start (when it was popular), then against Tekken/Soul Calibur and the infamous comments between Harada and Itagaki, etc. 4 actually got pushed a lot in terms of esports until it was recognized as completely broken, there was the issue of xbox exclusivity, etc.
5 had issues with its marketing, fans not trusting TN after Itagaki left and the Sigmas releases of NG weren't appreciated (to say the least), etc. Most of the fanbase love it now, but it's too late for TN to push further the fanbase really, despite a fantastic F2P model that helped when they launched it back on PS3.

Top Bottom