• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ultimadrago

kinda close to a cat-girl fighter you see in many games tho
could easily be a costume set of ears and tails

I would accept a slight face change, but the fangs, Metal Wings and outfit all make her better.

(And could not be easily pulled off in a costume. DoA has some dope costumes, but sucks at making nice tack-on accessories like animal ears). I'm not even big on fox girls themselves, but its a more interesting design at least (relative to DoA anyways).

Eolz

So i have all these http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html on the disc but are just locked until i fight enough to unlock them?
Yes.

You can. It's everything released between Ultimate and Last Round, and you can't unlock them just by playing.

For costumes, any pack you like (that isn't on the list in the OP). Just see if it's worth it to get the Ultimate pack or just some packs for a specific theme (like for example, Halloween 2013 and Maids), or a specific character.
For example, Ayane is my main, if I don't care about the other characters, I'll buy the Ultimate Ayane Content pack for 18£. However, if I also want Tina and some other characters, it might be better to get the really big pack, to get more characters costumes for a lower price.

And as said before, the season pass is for upcoming content, including Ninja Clan 1 (already out). If you know you won't like this pack and the 2 others coming soon, but are interested by the Senran Kagura pack, it's better to skip the season pass and just buy a pack individually.

There's a lot of content, but if you take the time, it's simpler than it looks really.

Just don't buy the characters since they're for Core Fighters.

system11

Yeah it's hardly exclusive to DOA. Non-fighting games people will say the same sorta thing. No this, no that.

I suppose I should clarify - it always seems like DOA has an upward battle just to begin with - for example EVO not featuring it. Kind of like throwing biased people more ammunition.

LoveCake

Yes.

You can. It's everything released between Ultimate and Last Round, and you can't unlock them just by playing.

For costumes, any pack you like (that isn't on the list in the OP). Just see if it's worth it to get the Ultimate pack or just some packs for a specific theme (like for example, Halloween 2013 and Maids), or a specific character.
For example, Ayane is my main, if I don't care about the other characters, I'll buy the Ultimate Ayane Content pack for 18£. However, if I also want Tina and some other characters, it might be better to get the really big pack, to get more characters costumes for a lower price.

And as said before, the season pass is for upcoming content, including Ninja Clan 1 (already out). If you know you won't like this pack and the 2 others coming soon, but are interested by the Senran Kagura pack, it's better to skip the season pass and just buy a pack individually.

There's a lot of content, but if you take the time, it's simpler than it looks really.

Just don't buy the characters since they're for Core Fighters.

So i already have the following on the disc but just need to unlock?

DOA5LR Sexiest Costume Set
DOA5LR Fun Theme Set
DOA5LR Halloween Costume 2013 Set
DOA5LR Ultimate Halloween Set
DOA5LR Halloween Costume 2014 Set

Say i want to play with Ayane all the time & i want all the content for her, do i get DOA5LR Ultimate Ayane Content https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...615&et_rid=1549342&Linkid=PlusJanuaryInfamous ? is that what i would have to buy?

As a Mila main the amount of times I've been kicked from lobbies because I "grab too much" is a bit irritating. I mean, grabs aren't free, I have to earn them a majority of the time. I've seen a few Mila's online who don't even try for takedowns. When I ask why they say because that's cheap. I have to disagree. I mean, might as well tell Rig players they aren't allowed to kick.

I remember playing Tekken 5 with some friends, and I used a throw, and at least one of them was like, "Throws are cheap! Don't use them!"

I taught him about throw escapes, but..."But those don't work! You're too busy staring in horror at your character getting thrown to do anything!"

Thankfully, that never happened again after a little while.

KHlover

Banned
I suppose I should clarify - it always seems like DOA has an upward battle just to begin with - for example EVO not featuring it. Kind of like throwing biased people more ammunition.

So what? The reason DOA isn't featured at EVO isn't that they are "biased", it's just that DOA doesn't have a noteworthy community to begin with. A few sponsored tournaments...that's it. No real community tournaments, no big streams...basically nothing.

Smash Bros. was in a pretty similar situation a few years ago. Booted from EVO, split community, disliked by the FGC in general. Everyone thought competitive Smash was about to die. What happened instead was that the community got even more motivated, more tournaments got hosted, players got better which in turn made tournaments more interesting which caused them to get bigger etc.

Then EVO 2013 donation drive happened, everything seemed well - until Nintendo wanted Melee off EVO. Overcame THAT and Melee at EVO was a huge success that year.

Between then and now the communtity has grown even more and Melee is just too big to NOT be included in EVO. It pulls huge numbers both in viewers and entrants, so it gets a spot even though its second succesor is at the same tournament.

tl;dr It isn't important if the FGC is biased against you, if it makes economical sense to include you in EVO you will be included in EVO.

Eolz

So i already have the following on the disc but just need to unlock?

DOA5LR Sexiest Costume Set
DOA5LR Fun Theme Set
DOA5LR Halloween Costume 2013 Set
DOA5LR Ultimate Halloween Set
DOA5LR Halloween Costume 2014 Set

Say i want to play with Ayane all the time & i want all the content for her, do i get DOA5LR Ultimate Ayane Content https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...615&et_rid=1549342&Linkid=PlusJanuaryInfamous ? is that what i would have to buy?

All the costumes you're listed aren't in the list of the free Last Round content, so no, you don't have those.

Ultimate Halloween is 2013+2014 in the same pack btw, so better get this alone.
And from what I'm reading, Fun (40£) + Sexiest (40£) + Ultimate Halloween (37£) = Ultimate content (74£). And Maid Uniform is in Fun and Sexiest...
That's why if you're interested in those packs, it's better to get Ultimate.

And yes for the last question. Ultimate Pack is every specific "Ultimate (character) Pack" in the same big pack.
So there again, it depends on what you want. If you think you'll want other character packs later, it may be better to save up for the big one instead of 18£ there for Ayane, 17£ there for Tina, 15£ for Marie-Rose, 10£ for Nyotengu, 6.5£ for Sarah, etc.

ShinMaruku

Fuck it. Some of that art should be dlc. Make it happen Tecmo. I want Lady Kstoute's Daji and Zurhong's forms. Of and sell bustier Marie just for troll sake.

LuuKyK

If I already have the core fighters version fully downloaded and buy the full version, will I have to download everything again or it "uses" whats already installed in that version and unlocks whats missing?

If I already have the core fighters version fully downloaded and buy the full version, will I have to download everything again or it "uses" whats already installed in that version and unlocks whats missing?

It makes you download an entire separate 10GB file for the full version. It doesn't 'unlock' the rest of the Core Fighters file. Pisstake, I know. But your data will transfer over.

Demoskinos

If anyone has a lobby going sometime this evening Im totally down. I need to take a break from these combo challenges. They are driving me mad. @_@

LoveCake

All the costumes you're listed aren't in the list of the free Last Round content, so no, you don't have those.

Ultimate Halloween is 2013+2014 in the same pack btw, so better get this alone.
And from what I'm reading, Fun (40£) + Sexiest (40£) + Ultimate Halloween (37£) = Ultimate content (74£). And Maid Uniform is in Fun and Sexiest...
That's why if you're interested in those packs, it's better to get Ultimate.

And yes for the last question. Ultimate Pack is every specific "Ultimate (character) Pack" in the same big pack.
So there again, it depends on what you want. If you think you'll want other character packs later, it may be better to save up for the big one instead of 18£ there for Ayane, 17£ there for Tina, 15£ for Marie-Rose, 10£ for Nyotengu, 6.5£ for Sarah, etc.

Ok thanks, i think i understand it now.

I don't understand why they have done the DLC this way, it has to be the most complicated DLC in the history of DLC, the main problem is the digital version sharing the same DLC page as the retail disc version so if you click on PSN shop icon when using the disc version you go to a different DLC page than if you click on the PSN shop icon when using the Digital version Sony know which version people are playing because you have to have the disc in the PS4 when playing.

Once again thanks for the help, but i am still peeved off about it & others are still asking about other various issues regarding what content they need to buy.

Xevren

I use a pad ATM but thinking of buying a stick. With MKX and Tekken 7 coming down the pipeline investing in a stick seems like an OK idea finally.

If anyone has suggestions for PS4 sticks I'm open for suggestions.

I might get one for Tekken 7, but for DoA and MKX a pad will be fine. NRS games are so pad friendly as is.

Demoskinos

I might get one for Tekken 7, but for DoA and MKX a pad will be fine. NRS games are so pad friendly as is.

Yeah, I'm not super worried about MKX there is def some stuff in DOA (albeit pretty advanced stuff) that I can't seem to manage to pull off on a pad.

Xevren

Yeah, I'm not super worried about MKX there is def some stuff in DOA (albeit pretty advanced stuff) that I can't seem to manage to pull off on a pad.

I feel like the moves that give me trouble on pad would give me trouble on stick, mainly just the odd motions.

Demoskinos

I feel like the moves that give me trouble on pad would give me trouble on stick, mainly just the odd motions.

For me its a lot of stuff like Ryu's "while rising" or "from crouch" moves in combo challenge. Doing them on their own no problem doing them when you have like at best a 5 frame window to link a combo...that gets tough.

Sorry guys but i have a question.

I want the costume for
leifang , marie rose , pai & nyotengu from the halloween 2014 dlc , but only those 4

i don't care about the rest but on the webstore i only find the big pack.
Should i buy them on PS3 ( in order to unlock them on PS4 ? )

Does this work that way ?

Or is the content unavailable ?

Sorry guys but i have a question.

I want the costume for
leifang , marie rose , pai & nyotengu from the halloween 2014 dlc , but only those 4

i don't care about the rest but on the webstore i only find the big pack.
Should i buy them on PS3 ( in order to unlock them on PS4 ? )

Does this work that way ?

Or is the content unavailable ?

I believe Team Ninja said you should buy them on PS3 to get them. But all I know right now (at least here in Europe), is that many costumes including those are not available to use on PS4 yet, even though I own them and have transferred my data. Gotta wait till they update or something. Don't know if it's like that in US.

I believe Team Ninja said you should buy them on PS3 to get them. But all I know right now (at least here in Europe), is that many costumes including those are not available to use on PS4 yet, even though I own them and have transferred my data. Gotta wait till they update or something. Don't know if it's like that in US.

i'm in europe .. that was why i asked.
i don't want to buy something but it's not on the store for PS4 yet.

And it's kinda ridiculous since the slot is there on my menu , it's just waiting for it.

Top Bottom