• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ninja Dom

That win streak though

mYmeQGj.jpg

Should be playing Ranked Matches cos still a Grade F

Kolgar

Almost makes me want to buy it on Xbox instead of PS4. Had downloaded core fighters on PS4 but do have any DLC to tie me to a particular platform.

Don't. I still experience terrible stutters on the Xbox during game play. This is on Core Fighters, but I understand that's the same as the full game. My PS4 Core Fighters and retail disk runs smoothly and the d-pad feels much better with this game.

Plus, motion-controlled boobies.

Dubz

PS4 GAF Lobby today at 1:00 PM Pacific. All skill levels invited. Send me a message on PSN if you want an invite. My PSN ID is Dubzinator. I could stream it on Twitch if we want to as well. My Twitch ID is LordDubz

No costume bans:)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is there a season pass for new content on the PS4? All i've found on the net relates to the Xbox versions.

In NA its been up since day 1. $93 and the first costume pack is already available(Ninja 1).

Gonna wait for a patch before touching this game again. Been playing Training lessons and thankfully just noticed the save wipe glitch before it happened to me.

Also online matchups just refuse to move past 'searching for opponents'. I'm a lowbie LR rank and have gone through arcade-tag multiple times in a row without a connection. A real shame as I would be playing this nonstop if I could be fighting random people regularly while unlocking costumes...

I have yet to connect to anyone when trying ranked match, and lobby system at least works sort of, but Id rather not play that mode.

Demoskinos

PS4 GAF Lobby today at 1:00 PM Pacific. All skill levels invited. Send me a message on PSN if you want an invite. My PSN ID is Dubzinator. I could stream it on Twitch if we want to as well. My Twitch ID is LordDubz

No costume bans:)
Word. I might be in. Albeit a tad late as that's when I get off work but will try to jump in when I can.

ShinMaruku

I have a friggin hard time fighting Alphas online. They just wont stop with their kicks.

Btw, any... ¿tip? for facing people that are really good with holds?
People who jail should be baited then you throw them. It will fuck them up. You saw my Momiji toss people XD

Tina must be broken as well ;)

kJtTNMn.jpg

Ive yet to see a Tina in Top 8 and ive been to like 9 tournaments the last 5-6 months.

I have a friggin hard time fighting Alphas online. They just wont stop with their kicks.

Btw, any... ¿tip? for facing people that are really good with holds?

Quiggles or Sonic Fox (hard to tell sometimes since theyre brothers) was losing to Jaeger at Winter Brawl and he used Alpha and 2 hit comboed the guy and won to take the round. It was disgusting. Fun to watch, but still so broken.

Ferr986

Throw them.

People who jail should be baited then you throw them. It will fuck them up. You saw my Momiji toss people XD

Ahh yes, I tend to forget about the triangle system. It's more about I dont know how to approach them. I guess I'm too offensive playing.

Quiggles or Sonic Fox (hard to tell sometimes since theyre brothers) was losing to Jaeger at Winter Brawl and he used Alpha and 2 hit comboed the guy and won to take the round. It was disgusting. Fun to watch, but still so broken.

It's weird because I did read Alpha is considered low tier, but in the room everyone was losing to her.

DR2K

Banned
Alpha is so broken...

Online it's just not even remotely fair to play. An alpha player with good defense is an ass hole. Best way to approach her is to hope you get a knockdown and keep pressure on her. Her only disadvantages are that she doesn't have wake up kicks and regular holds. So go ham when she's knocked down.

At neteral she's got the fastest attacks, highest throw damage, 3 critical bursts, brain dead string delay, high ranged attacks, etc... Her weight class makes her susceptible to more damage, but if you time your combos wrong or use regular combos, like almost everyone does, she'll just drop out of it. Yes even people at high level consistsntly drop combos on her. Dumb.

thejpfin

PS4 GAF Lobby today at 1:00 PM Pacific. All skill levels invited. Send me a message on PSN if you want an invite.

It's been a long time since I played this game. I prolly suck, but hey "all skills levels invited" cool.
I might join that lobby, is it NA or EU?

Also, sup DOA-GAF, long time no see.

Dubz

It's NA and I would say I'm barely an intermediate level player. I know the concepts but not a lot else. See you at 1 Pacific Standard Time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is that gonna happen on pc as well?
There is no info on the matter in steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

There is not a lot said of the PC version of the game which I find annoying considering we are 30 days or so away from getting the game. No pictures or video of the PC version and the way they handled stuff on twitter at first saying that the new hairstyles and stages were exclusive to the PS4 and Xbox One version then backtracking and admitting they don't know what is going to be in the PC version shows how uninformed they are or how they are trying to hide something. Normally when a developer doesn't have info the best they could say is PC version details coming soon and that way they save their asses from spreading info that is not correct and then having to apologize like they had to do on twitter for not really knowing.

Ferr986

Jeeez, I can't even get a decent streak without getting yelled because I don't let people play. Shit I was going to do it before reaching 10 wins.

Is it disrespectful to get a streak going in the same room? I mean, the fights were close matches overall...

Dubz

Jeeez, I can't even get a decent streak without getting yelled because I don't let people play. Shit I was going to do it before reaching 10 wins.

Is it disrespectful to get a streak going in the same room? I mean, the fights were close matches overall...
It's never disrespectful to get a win streak going IMO.

Demoskinos

As long as they are fair fights I don't see a problem with it.

Vazra

The funny thing of having a decent streak is when the losers start calling you spammer. If I were spamming why not punish me with a hold or block me and punish me after ending my strings? The game has the tools to handle everything being thrown at you and unblockable attacks you can hold but not do damage and just escape the move which still is a decent thing to do.

Ferr986

The funny thing of having a decent streak is when the losers start calling you spammer. If I were spamming why not punish me with a hold or block me and punish me after ending my strings? The game has the tools to handle everything being thrown at you and unblockable attacks you can hold but not do damage and just escape the move which still is a decent thing to do.

Yeah. Lots of fights I win because dude keep spamming the same move over and over.
I mean, I'm sitll noobish (as I said I didnt won once in Shin's lobby lol) but even I know if you spam the same move you're fucked.

Overall i got mad because people yelled and insulted me for something rare enough for me that is winning lol. I have no problems on retiring for a while in a streak if people wants... but damn, have some manners!

Dubz

Yeah. Lots of fights I win because dude keep spamming the same move over and over.
I mean, I'm sitll noobish (as I said I didnt won once in Shin's lobby lol) but even I know if you spam the same move you're fucked.

Overall i got mad because people yelled and insulted me for something rare enough for me that is winning lol. I have no problems on retiring for a while in a streak if people wants... but damn, have some manners!
Nobody likes a winner:)

Speaking of winning and losing. I will start the PS4 GAF room in about 35 minutes. PSN ID is Dubzinator.

Vazra

If you spam you will get easily read and countered which isnt rocket science in DOA. There might be moves that mess you and put you out of the loop but that is why you go to training and record the move someone might be using that messes you up on the AI partner and learn how to block it or counter it.

Dead or Alive isnt as salty as other fighters tho. My experience with the Mortal Kombat and SF community has been worse but that only makes things funnier.

Nobody likes a winner:)

Speaking of winning and losing. I will start the PS4 GAF room in about 35 minutes. PSN ID is Dubzinator.

Gonna stream it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven't played DOA since 4 was out. I picked up the package deal and none of the invites were working during arcade mode. Having Akira in there is nice. I haven't played since the reality TV gamer MASTER was playing DOA4 in random lobbies, so it's coming back with practice.

Dubz

Ok I'm getting on now to make the PS4 room. I hope some of you join. Send me a message of FR. Again, PSN is Dubzinator.

Vazra

Short version of the thread.

"All there is to the game is tits!"
"Not it isn't"

and you can see that going all over the 4-5 pages (100ppp)

Eolz

Just figured its better to pick one and actually improve at her =[

Both are pretty different imo. I'd say to pick Marie Rose mainly because she has a unique style/not a copycat, but all of that really depends on your playstyle and which one you like the most.
Really, the most important is just picking a character you like (character itself, moveset, playstyle, fun, etc).

Ok I'm getting on now to make the PS4 room. I hope some of you join. Send me a message of FR. Again, PSN is Dubzinator.

Sent you a MP here, but can't find you on PSN for some reason.

Squire

Banned
Short version of the thread.

"All there is to the game is tits!"
"Not it isn't"

and you can see that going all over the 4-5 pages (100ppp)

Honestly, I think it's more that any time something in the industry happens to crack down on the overtly sexual depictions of so many women in games, perverts that have no life beyond their anonymity on the Internet come out of the woodwork with all kinds of silly defenses and/or the usual "You're an SJW/being too PC" bullshit.

There are plenty of folks in that thread with no interest in DOA; they're angry on principle and it's a shitty principle. Too bad, so sad.

Top Bottom