• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I had a 5 minute loading once. Surprised the opponent didnt bail.
That's happened to me a few times in ranked, but I'm always scared to restart because of the penalty for quitting a game.

Are you penalized if you quit before the round actually starts (i.e. on the character select screen, loading screen, etc.)? Because it would make my online experience a lot better if I could bail out next time I'm staring at "Loading" for 10 minutes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's happened to me a few times in ranked, but I'm always scared to restart because of the penalty for quitting a game.

Are you penalized if you quit before the round actually starts (i.e. on the character select screen, loading screen, etc.)? Because it would make my online experience a lot better if I could bail out next time I'm staring at "Loading" for 10 minutes.

No idea about that. I have never done any quitting.

Shun

Have any of the costumes released have been for PS4 only? I see the new Ninja DLC but I assume there is no season pass for PS3.

Also for new chara, the debut costumes are already in the game? No need to buy, just unlock in game?

All new DLC is labeled as DOA5LR in the store and any leftover DLC that is already in LR is marked as Unavailable right?

The whole thing is sort of confusing.

Hubb

Have any of the costumes released have been for PS4 only? I see the new Ninja DLC but I assume there is no season pass for PS3.

Also for new chara, the debut costumes are already in the game? No need to buy, just unlock in game?

All new DLC is labeled as DOA5LR in the store and any leftover DLC that is already in LR is marked as Unavailable right?

The whole thing is sort of confusing.

Any of the new DLC is only for the PS4 (the 2 ninja packs), and I am not sure about the preorder costumes. Any old DLC you want to buy it would be better to buy it through the webstore for PS3 so it carries over to PS4. I'm not sure if the stuff is marked unavailable for the PS4 or not if it was originally released on the PS3.

Vazra

Ehhhh Ive seen Ninja outfits on Ps3 so that's wrong. The PS3 version still gets DLC but will eventually stop getting it cause they are reaching the limit which is why on PS4 they are making stuff just bundled options.

Shun

Any of the new DLC is only for the PS4 (the 2 ninja packs), and I am not sure about the preorder costumes. Any old DLC you want to buy it would be better to buy it through the webstore for PS3 so it carries over to PS4. I'm not sure if the stuff is marked unavailable for the PS4 or not if it was originally released on the PS3.

I'm speaking for PS3 only since I'm playing PS3 version.

There haven't been any limitations yet have there?

Eolz

Spoiled in which sense? Because Helena would be quite something
and Zack would be a terrible dad.

Edit for Shun: not yet I think. Are you on EU or US PSN btw? Different problems right now.

ShinMaruku

I think Zack and Tuna's would be spoiled because the granddaddy would spoil worse than the parents and neither of them will be winning parenting rewards.

Helna and Zack would be better because I think Helena idolizes her mother and would emulate her mother.

God knows with Eliot and Marie, all I know their spawn would be a little troll.

Vazra

I'm speaking for PS3 only since I'm playing PS3 version.

There haven't been any limitations yet have there?

ATM I saw the first Ninja pack being used on PS3. The limitations on Ps3 is that you dont get the 2 new stages and hairstyles. DLC might stop coming in the near future since they kinda did too much packs that should have been bundles and priced better.

Hubb

Shun

ATM I saw the first Ninja pack being used on PS3. The limitations on Ps3 is that you dont get the 2 new stages and hairstyles. DLC might stop coming in the near future since they kinda did too much packs that should have been bundles and priced better.

Got it. No Momiji hairstyle, but everything else still fine? I guess these will release later than the PS4 versions if at all.

I hope they do their best to bring what they can to PS3.

Also how do you trigger the option select for the Chara Select Screen for PS3? Is it holding a button or is there an actual menu?

Sorry this is my first jump back into this since DOA2 PS2.

Demoskinos

I think the first costumes that might not come over are the Senran Kagura ones because of the clothes destruction mechanic that they have. I could be horribly wrong but we'll see.

Yeah, good games all. Sorry if my constant usage of Kassie annoys people XD I am still trying to get a few things down with her, but I want to eventually get to learning another character soon.

Also having a lot of trouble with the d-pad on DS4, which messed up a lot of my combos and inputs tonight, throwing some of the shit I've been practicing out the window in matches. Really gonna have to put some practice in.

Demoskinos

Yeah, good games all. Sorry if my constant usage of Kassie annoys people XD I am still trying to get a few things down with her, but I want to eventually get to learning another character soon.

Also having a lot of trouble with the d-pad on DS4, which messed up a lot of my combos and inputs tonight, throwing some of the shit I've been practicing out the window in matches. Really gonna have to put some practice in.

I don't think anyone is going to be mad at you for just sticking with your main.

Shun

Only saw the first pack characters. No idea about the 2nd pack. TN did say not everything might make it to the last gen version so it wouldnt be surprising.

No I just double checked again, Vol. 2 is up on the JP SEN store so I think I'm good at the moment. My mistake without double checking. I assume it will be up on the Global store eventually too.

Vazra

Im starting to understand Lisa but not sure yet if I will put her on my mains. She has some good stuff to make up for the lacks of hits.

Vazra

PC news should come either today or tomorrow judging from the email that was posted earlier. Hope it's good news FFS.

Kumubou

PC news should come either today or tomorrow judging from the email that was posted earlier. Hope it's good news FFS.
Haven't various parts of Koei-Tecmo been saying next week for the past two months? Wouldn't surprise me if the game launched and they still couldn't talk about it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haven't various parts of Koei-Tecmo been saying next week for the past two months? Wouldn't surprise me if the game launched and they still couldn't talk about it.

That'd be hilarious, while sad. "DOA5+U:LR IS OUT NOW!" Tecmo: *crickets*

Vazra

There was an email running around talking about Tuesday or Wednesday. How true or false it is we'll see pretty much today or tomorrow.

ShinMaruku

You pressed more buttons than he did.

Against Leon that can be a bad time. However Ayane is faster and has crushes. It was probably also I have worked on stopping my strings for throws. Once my offense started I think he opted for defense against a character who has better defense than he had. Probably part of it. Watching it over and over will probably help.

Vazra

gDOd5.jpg

gDOez.png
Im feeling like good news of no delay are coming.

Mohasus

Chastten

Banned
This... sucks.

First there is no real Xbox 360 version and now the PC version is gimped like hell and has ridiculous system requirements for a last-gen port. Ow well, guess I'll buy it for €5 during the Steam Summer sale.

AlStrong

Seems like a PS3/PS4 hybrid.

It basically looks like they ported DOA5U Arcade (re-use the upgrade patch to LR from PS360 + drop in the additional costume & character files).

I guess they added the character selection thing.
Edit: DOA 5U Arcade already had the sub-menu for character select.

*yawn*

edit2:

So what's going to be their excuse for not adding the new stages to PC? I never bought their excuse for PS360 not being able to handle them either.

s_mirage

Oh what a surprise. Koei Tecmo's attempts at reentering the PC market have been utterly incompetent thus far. Are their management so dense that they can't see that they are burning through the good will of PC gamers at a rate of knots?

Keep going Tecmo. Keep treating PC owners like second class citizens and watch a potentially nice revenue stream just drift away.

Oh what a surprise. Koei Tecmo's attempts at reentering the PC market have been utterly incompetent thus far. Are their management so dense that they can't see that they are burning through the good will of PC gamers at a rate of knots?

Keep going Tecmo. Keep treating PC owners like second class citizens and watch a potentially nice revenue stream just drift away.
Im debating a refund request, but I doubt I will go through with it

Its just amazing that this happens. This past year has made it pretty clear that PC gamers will jump on japanese games. If they just start making proper ports then they can eat up far more launch sales.

Eolz

crossposting
Wow, what a shame.
At least it'll have 4K, anti-aliasing, and PS4 shadows, but the rest is pretty terrible.
That's basically an enhanced PS3 port, and sadly not that surprising.

They won't even need the immoral mods excuse to not come back on PC :/

Top Bottom