• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

CAW_f8sUUAA4pJF.jpg

This was too easy to predict :p
Now that it's confirmed that Phase 4 is getting a costume though, I think she will get Homura's outfit (whereas I predicted Ayane to get it in the past).

Slermy

LMAO at the prices for those Senran Kagura costumes. I hope the American prices are a lot lower.

Actually...is this coming out here? They only mention Japan when talking about it.

I thought it was confirmed for a US release.

Where were prices mentioned? I can't find the post/link.

s_mirage

I think TN will try their hardest to make sure they can make as much money as possible. I wonder if the PC is going to get any support post launch outside of DLC.

If Tecmo want to repair their damaged reputation with PC gamers, they'll patch in the missing current gen features. I'm not holding my breath.

Hubb

If Tecmo want to repair their damaged reputation with PC gamers, they'll patch in the missing current gen features. I'm not holding my breath.

I am saying that despite the damage they will still want to release the things that will bring them money (DLC). It would be one thing to fix the game, but how many games with shit launches come out on top after they are fixed?

Maybe they will since they need to patch in the MP, but what I've seen so far is making me agree with Shin about the PC release.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that importing my ps3 doa5u save to ps4 core fighters won't let me freely play with everyone from ultimate. Is there any good reason to bother?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that importing my ps3 doa5u save to ps4 core fighters won't let me freely play with everyone from ultimate. Is there any good reason to bother?

You can't play against PS3 people on PS4, if that's what you're asking. If you get PS+ you'll be able to play with anyone who has Core Fighters or the full version on PS4.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
You can't play against PS3 people on PS4, if that's what you're asking. If you get PS+ you'll be able to play with anyone who has Core Fighters or the full version on PS4.

nah, i'm basically just asking if it will recognize the fact that i bought ultimate already and would give me full access to ultimate's roster in core fighters.

i've already bought this game 3 times and it's getting tough to keep justifying it. :p

nah, i'm basically just asking if it will recognize the fact that i bought ultimate already and would give me full access to ultimate's roster in core fighters.

i've already bought this game 3 times and it's getting tough to keep justifying it. :p

Nah, I had 5U on PS3 but Core Fighters PS4 didn't unlock all characters.

Marvel

could never
I find learning by getting my ass kicked in online games better for me than spending time in the tut. I am loving this game, think I better buy a few fighters though.

I'll start with Brad Wong, he's someone I am finding incredibly fun to use. I also like Momiji.

Man, it's been a while since a fighting game character's moveset has really clicked for me as quickly as Rachel's has. I am loving her air grab combos right now.

I'm pretty fresh to this since my only prior DOA experience is some online matches in 4 years ago, so I added myself to the spreadsheet. Sending out some friend requests as well.

Eolz

Don't think it has been posted, but FSD released a beginner's guide (pdf). It's pretty good since there's nothing else available for Last Round.

edit: "beginner" guide but for players already knowing a bit of DOA and/or fighting games basics.

AdamT

Played a few rounds today in the open lobby. It was fun. That Hayate was a beast, but I still learned a thing or two.

DunpealD

I bet the costume ban helped a lot in Final Rounds case:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saw this on FGW yesterday and it might be outdated, but I doubt there will be much change.

Been too busy with other games lately. orz
Need to see when I have time to squeeze in some DoA5LR.

ShinMaruku

Costume ban did nothing. Those people will keep hating DOA and there is not sense in appealing to them. They never liked Smash until the numbers slapped them.

Top Bottom