• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

Lady Kstoute
CAgJl9iVIAEkl9w.jpg

Griss

Can anyone explain what the different types of lobby rules are (in terms of who stays on and who's up next)? Some of them are obvious, but a lot of them weren't. What's the most popular one? What should I put up if I want to attract players?

ShinMaruku

Can anyone explain what the different types of lobby rules are (in terms of who stays on and who's up next)? Some of them are obvious, but a lot of them weren't. What's the most popular one? What should I put up if I want to attract players?

Firstly you have tag and singles that is the first thing you should look at, most people play singles. Then you have the play style markers, Winner stays,tournament mode,online dojo.

Winner Stays is just that, tournament is tournament mode which I use when lobbies get past 6 players so everybody gets their chance quicker. I also turn on fighter shuffle so you get random matches with people. Then there is loser stays which is as on tin. Then there is Dojo where people just play a set while people in the lobby watches.

If you want popular one, go to winner stays set the life to normal give 3 rounds and 90 seconds that's the default most people will play.

Demoskinos

They should bring back the survival rules that they had I think in DOAU2 that was good fun. Although it might be harder for it to be as seamless as it was on that console?

"You have signed out. Throwdowns have been set to decline."

NO I HAVEN'T SIGNED OUT, STOP

It's happened occasionally in the past, but now it's literally every 3-5 minutes.

One solution (Free Training solved the ranked matchmaking debacle) just seems to offer another problem with this game.

"You have signed out. Throwdowns have been set to decline."

NO I HAVEN'T SIGNED OUT, STOP

It's happened occasionally in the past, but now it's literally every 3-5 minutes.

One solution (Free Training solved the ranked matchmaking debacle) just seems to offer another problem with this game.

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I get signed out from throw downs quite often. Sometimes I just go back to the menu and turn them on, but it does happen again sometimes.

Demoskinos

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I get signed out from throw downs quite often. Sometimes I just go back to the menu and turn them on, but it does happen again sometimes.

I think they did that so the game doesn't lock up when you try to exit training/arcade when you have throwdowns on like it used to at launch.

lol edited that pic in right as you posted it.

Could be Hitomi yeah. I thought Ayane at first because of the similar hair. But Hitomi makes sense with ponytail.

Oh Kokoro? Maybe lol

Oof. I was getting some bad internet issues with an ethernet cable tonight. I swear PSN throttles my speed bad.

Hopefully, it'll be better next time, Azuardo.

Yeah not being able to invite/kick or modify the lobby without fully backing out is really poorly designed.

when i tried the player was always "busy" fighting. that's what the game told me. kicking pre char. select didn't work either. i had to recreate a lobby and make it 2 player only.

Moofers

Does this game support any fight sticks yet? I remember at launch the PS4 Mad Catz sticks weren't supported. Is that still the case?

Hubb

Does this game support any fight sticks yet? I remember at launch the PS4 Mad Catz sticks weren't supported. Is that still the case?

I had a Mad Catz stick since launched and it always worked. It was made for PS4/3 though, not a PS3 stick.

Based on what happens in that Senran universe, how much of the DoA girls outfits can we expect to see them lose in a fight?

Down to their underwear for DOA, more than likely. It goes further in SK - you can get them naked in post-battle scenes, but convenient black bars and such will block the important bits.

Demoskinos

So huh....I just finally realized something about Tag Mode that I hadn't before. The gravity seems to be lower allowing for juggles you can't do in singles.

I was playing around on Marie's tag combo challenge and then ended up just ignoring the challenge and just playing around with combos found a 16 hit combo that is nearly 50% health but sadly it only apparently works in tag mode. :(

Top Bottom