• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Fogo

Neo Member
Quick question about DOA5 LR. I own the vanilla version of DOA5 and I am wondering what is the best way to upgrade to Last Round with all of the current DLC costumes on PS3? Is there a physical disc release that has all of this stuff like how Capcom released Ultra SF4 with all of the current (at the time of release) DLC included on the disc for $40?

this lobby system just doesn't work. i thought 3+bars was fine for a while, but i started to get too many laggers lately. i can't do anything about that. tried 4+bars afterwards. didn't take long until the first lagger showed up. can't even kick him.

more amusing than aggravating: i usually have 1 private slot in my lobby. in rare cases some random player might sneak in anyway.

this lobby system just doesn't work. i thought 3+bars was fine for a while, but i started to get too many laggers lately. i can't do anything about that. tried 4+bars afterwards. didn't take long until the first lagger showed up. can't even kick him.

more amusing than aggravating: i usually have 1 private slot in my lobby. in rare cases some random player might sneak in anyway.

In our experience with Shin's lobbies, even when he says the lobby is private, if friends of friends see them in a session in your lobby, they are somehow able to join their session and come into your lobby, even if they are not in your own friends list or have not been invited by you.

That said, it really wouldn't surprise me if genuine randomers are also actually joining from the lobby list in the game.

I don't get the bars in this game anyway. I'm forever a single red bar, but can still get into certain 3+ and 4+ lobbies. I can have perfectly fine matches with people sometimes, but other times it will be a bitch. Last few days have been bad for some reason. Nothing I can do about where I live and wireless, though.

PC is already compatible with the PS4 controller by default, so why wouldnt it? Atleast in my opinion.

I dont know man, Im just forwarding what I was told... I spoke with him a good 5-6 hours at the tournament and sat with him during Grand Finals. His biggest concerns were Xbox stability, pushing a patch for Xbox One, the DLC issue and release of PC on the horizon. He said its been super busy for them on PR front because theyre literally getting thousands of emails a day an that theyre replying as fast as they can.

Just wanted to dig this up... why was Tom Lee lying to players at Winter Brawl? The Steam version is not based on the PS4 version at all... it's some weird mutant port from the arcade version https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/579184892941991936

Hubb

Just wanted to dig this up... why was Tom Lee lying to players at Winter Brawl? The Steam version is not based on the PS4 version at all... it's some weird mutant port from the arcade version https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/579184892941991936

None of us are going to know the answer, but I guess it is one of two things. Either he lied, which would be dumb. He knows the info is coming out soon and knows what he is saying is wrong. Two, he honestly didn't know and he thought it was a port of the PS4 version.

I guess you could also say he did know it wasn't a PS4 port and he was too embarrassed to say the truth. Anyway the whole situation sucks.

Demoskinos

In our experience with Shin's lobbies, even when he says the lobby is private, if friends of friends see them in a session in your lobby, they are somehow able to join their session and come into your lobby, even if they are not in your own friends list or have not been invited by you.

That said, it really wouldn't surprise me if genuine randomers are also actually joining from the lobby list in the game.

I don't get the bars in this game anyway. I'm forever a single red bar, but can still get into certain 3+ and 4+ lobbies. I can have perfectly fine matches with people sometimes, but other times it will be a bitch. Last few days have been bad for some reason. Nothing I can do about where I live and wireless, though.

Yeah the bars seem to mean nothing really. Sometimes I can still have really good matches with 1 bar people other times its so laggy I can hardly play. It seems entirely random.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Quick question about DOA5 LR. I own the vanilla version of DOA5 and I am wondering what is the best way to upgrade to Last Round with all of the current DLC costumes on PS3? Is there a physical disc release that has all of this stuff like how Capcom released Ultra SF4 with all of the current (at the time of release) DLC included on the disc for $40?
Not all dlc is included. All Ultimate DLC is $93 and the new season pass is $93 as well.
Ahh you mean transfer vanilla DLC? I haven't transfer stuff so Im a bit blank on that.

Demoskinos

I think the '13,'14 Halloween outfits are hit or miss depending on the character. The most depressing part is Jann Lee has the best outfit of anyone. That green dragon outfit is OP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So now I can play DoA2 with extra input lag!

...I'll pass. The PS2 emulation on PS3 is awful for anything that requires precise timing.

Has anyone found a way to strip the DRM from PSN downloads to make them store-bought .iso's for PCSX2? I could see the PSN store maybe getting a huge boon there if the "technical lag" of PS3 emulation was side-stepped on PC
or they do PS2 emulation on PS4 with no lag?

ShinMaruku

Has anyone found a way to strip the DRM from PSN downloads to make them store-bought .iso's for PCSX2? I could see the PSN store maybe getting a huge boon there if the "technical lag" of PS3 emulation was side-stepped on PC
or they do PS2 emulation on PS4 with no lag?

It's hard to do. I'm not even sure if the drm stripper is still around.

I tried the demos of classic games in Smash 4, and holy fuck, it was disgusting playing my SNES classic platformers with input lag. Dread to think what a fighting game would be like if it's anything like Nintendo's emulation.

Kumubou

Turn off PS Internal Scaler in settings to get rid of input lag, problem solved.
There's still about three frames of input lag baked into the PS3's emulator. There are ways to mitigate input delay in emulation (even if you can't remove it completely), but the PS2 emulation on PS3 doesn't even strive for that.

Demoskinos

Caught up on the Top 8 from final round. Good god that Match on the Danger Zone level. That was insanity. So much damage. Sad SonicFox didn't take Marie Rose all the way but I like seeing her in the top 8. :D

Timu

Except it doesn't get rid of input lag.
Really?

There's still about three frames of input lag baked into the PS3's emulator. There are ways to mitigate input delay in emulation (even if you can't remove it completely), but the PS2 emulation on PS3 doesn't even strive for that.
Odd, I didn't experience any lag when playing the PS2 version of Sly Cooper on PS3 and I'm really, really sensitive to it, in fact I would stop playing it if it had input lag.

Fogo

Neo Member
Not all dlc is included. All Ultimate DLC is $93 and the new season pass is $93 as well.
Ahh you mean transfer vanilla DLC? I haven't transfer stuff so Im a bit blank on that.

Ok, so there is no direct way to upgrade to LR from the first version of DOA5 without buying Ultimate and then getting the upgrade to LR and when you do that you don't even get all of the costumes.

I might just get the PC version then even though it's a just a port of the AC version and has no online, but it might be the cheapest way for me to get into this game without factoring in the DLC costumes. (5U is $40 and the upgrade to LR is $30 on PSN right now versus $35.99 on Steam for the whole deal.)

It sucks that the physical disc of LR isn't on the 7th gen consoles unless you import from Japan.

Demoskinos

Ok, so there is no direct way to upgrade to LR from the first version of DOA5 without buying Ultimate and then getting the upgrade to LR and when you do that you don't even get all of the costumes.

I might just get the PC version then even though it's a just a port of the AC version and has no online, but it might be the cheapest way for me to get into this game without factoring in the DLC costumes. (5U is $40 and the upgrade to LR is $30 on PSN right now versus $35.99 on Steam for the whole deal.)

It sucks that the physical disc of LR isn't on the 7th gen consoles unless you import from Japan.

This is what you want.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dead-or-alive-5-last-round-with-bonus/cid=UP4108-NPUB50258_00-B000000000001325

Vazra

Well the online mode is coming later (within 3 months) and it comes with more free DLC if you preorder than the PS4 and XBOne copy. Still if you want the bells and whistles you should get the PS4 or XBOne version. It's not worth it to buy Ultimate to then upgrade to the Last Round version cause you will need to pay for the Characters and you will be missing the new set of hairstyles and the new stages.

If still going for the PC version you may purchase from Green Man Gaming for $28.80 with the code JBTBG5-7GVTE8-W2YXRV

TheSeks

DOA2 Hardcore isn't Ultimate anyway :p
and the PS4 still can't emulate PS classics sadly

Too bad no X-box emulation. I want to see DOA3's forest on an emulator.

TheSeks

The funniest thing would be someone ripping the stage and mod it in LR. Do that also to the other old stages that can be found on other DOAs tbh.

Last Round already has Forest (and End of the World, IIRC? The one that continuously falls). It was a dithery mess on PS3 from Ultimate. But Last Round's patch/update actually made it slightly cleaner but it isn't as impressive as the X-box Original despite "better textures" due to that dithering.

If the PC version (Arcade? Heh.) is modded to fix that dithering, sweet lord.

Vazra

Last Round already has Forest (and End of the World, IIRC? The one that continuously falls). It was a dithery mess on PS3 from Ultimate. But Last Round's patch/update actually made it slightly cleaner but it isn't as impressive as the X-box Original despite "better textures" due to that dithering.

If the PC version (Arcade? Heh.) is modded to fix that dithering, sweet lord.

If people mess around Im sure they could improve textures or replace them with the original textures if some can be simply replaced. Another thing to mess around would be with the contrast since the colors seem a bit washed out.

TheSeks

If people mess around Im sure they could improve textures or replace them with the original textures if some can be simply replaced. Another thing to mess around would be with the contrast since the colors seem a bit washed out.

Eh, the colors are more "fall"-y than the DOA3 version. But I think that could be a simple filter replacement/remover.

it's over.

Why didn't you listen? You could've stopped it.

Top Bottom