• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

A.E Suggs

Thats not what I mean, kokoro has the same costume in DOA5 already. This is one just has no jacket, which isn't bad but its the same uniform except I have to pay for it.

Airgetlam

Thats not what I mean, kokoro has the same costume in DOA5 already. This is one just has no jacket, which isn't bad but its the same uniform except I have to pay for it.
They kind of did the same with with Hayate's new costume. Its just that there isn't a shirt underneath. ;D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gym Outfit Bikini Hitomi? Even better!

Still not buying due to highway robbery price. :(

Mesharey

I spent 4 hours playing survival and I couldn't finish champ difficulty ... :(
I'm using Ayane and my best attempt was 89, maybe I should try Lisa ? but I'm not good at her. :/

Edit: I'll try to remove the last update and try champ difficulty using Ayane tomorrow again. -.-"

508F4BBE3C648E0016

Milas tits look great in this shot. It would be a much better outfit without the rabbit ears though.
Ayane and Lei Fangs outfits are ok-ish. I like Milas look, but again, I cant justify spending $6 for one outfit.
The schoolgirl fetish stuff doesnt interest me at all.
I think I'll just sit back and wait to see what the next DLC offers.

The last round was better. Trying not to pull the trigger because Lisa is my main played character. If one pack is just gonna be one kind of costume, why not just make it for all the girls? Is Mila's bunny suit here because Sarah and Pai can't have one?
Lisa, Christie and Helena's Bunny suits are exclusive to Wal*Mart. LOLz

Anyone else hope this is real? Found it on Gamefaqs.
I would buy this pack (obviously) even though it would be a blatantly lazy effort on TN's part (recycling Lisas suit and all).
Perhaps gay-GAF like swimsuit Bass?

DR2K

Banned
The last time something leaked and we all assumed it was fake, it was completely legitimate. And that looks real. I mean, it looks like a regular screenshot. So, I guess Tina gets a new swimsuit next week.

Slut swimsuit pack for Helena/Lisa/Christie/Tina then.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I feel retarded, but what in the world was Hitomi's punch parry comand. I can't remember it :( Stupid me taking a break from the game

Endo Punk

None of the costumes really appeal to me and I hardly use those characters except Hitomi and Mila from time to time. And the fact half the gamers online can't see it just irks me. Anyway, I just want to know when the next patch is coming. Any ideas?

I spent 4 hours playing survival and I couldn't finish champ difficulty ... :(
I'm using Ayane and my best attempt was 89, maybe I should try Lisa ? but I'm not good at her. :/

Edit: I'll try to remove the last update and try champ difficulty using Ayane tomorrow again. -.-"

Wow you reached 89 with Ayane! You can try Lisa if you want but it seems you have a good thing going with Ayane and will be able to do it, just don't choke and take advantage of critical burst into air combo for massive damage.

None of the costumes really appeal to me and I hardly use those characters except Hitomi and Mila from time to time. And the fact half the gamers online can't see it just irks me. Anyway, I just want to know when the next patch is coming. Any ideas?

Wow you reached 89 with Ayane! You can try Lisa if you want but it seems you have a good thing going with Ayane and will be able to do it, just don't choke and take advantage of critical burst into air combo for massive damage.

Why can't they see it?

Loona

I was curious about pack 3 for this week until I saw that bunny thing fo Mila - I was hoping something like that would be left on a thematic pack like the catgirl or schoolgirl ones... last time I was sold on the Kasumi overalls and corrupted Hayabusa, but there's just not enough of a pull on this one - maybe barechested Hayate, if I cared about that character more.

Endo Punk

My default holds are alway high attacks, it's the mid attacks that get me. Especially since unlike low or high attacks the mid punch and kick use different direction to parry.

Het_Nkik

I made it to around 96 in whatever difficulty is after Champ in Survival last night but then I choked. I blame it on my nephew trying to have a conversation with me while I was playing.

Endo Punk

I made it to around 96 in whatever difficulty is after Champ in Survival last night but then I choked. I blame it on my nephew trying to have a conversation with me while I was playing.

Probably should of paused the game and continue after the conversation.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Question to those who've purchased the DLC:

So far, Kokoro's headband couldn't removed in the free DLC, and the ears couldn't be removed on the Bunny Suits.

Did Team Ninja redeem themselves with the cat pack? I'll probably buy it if so.

A.E Suggs

Question to those who've purchased the DLC:

So far, Kokoro's headband couldn't removed in the free DLC, and the ears couldn't be removed on the Bunny Suits.

Did Team Ninja redeem themselves with the cat pack? I'll probably buy it if so.

What do you mean redeem themselves with it, do you mean can you remove the ears? Naw I doubt it or at least I haven't been able to do it.

Dizzy

Banned
Oh man. Eliminated at 96 by an unstoppable Hayabusa. Never squeezed my pad so hard out of anger......and now im calm. I think this is the kind of anger that you supress and it just builds and builds until one day you snap. Anyone remember the movie Falling Down with Michael Douglas? Yeah thats gonna be evreryone that ever got to 90+ and then lost to a cpu opponent that just randomly started blocking all attacks and going apeshit with combos.

Guess I'll have to give it another go tomorrow...

haven't tried in a while... but went in today... took multiple tries including getting to 93 against psychic Akira, but hooray, finally knocked off #3, only Legend Survival to go.

Mesharey

Oh well I'll use Lisa .. used Ayane & Hitomi many times and my best attempt was 89, currently I'm at 65 with my first time using Lisa, hopefully I can finish it.
There's a strategy against Bass and Bayman, right ?
Against Akira use up+throw he will not do anything.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You folks defeating (or losing but keep on trying and trying and trying) stuff like 100 survival in the hardest difficulty mode is really something else o____O

I wouldn't even dream of capable of doing it--I don't have the probably Buddha-like patience required to do it o___O

Oh well I'll use Lisa .. used Ayane & Hitomi many times and my best attempt was 89, currently I'm at 65 with my first time using Lisa, hopefully I can finish it.
There's a strategy against Bass and Bayman, right ?
Against Akira use up+throw he will not do anything.

against Bass/Bayman i use 4P,K,K to juggle

Mesharey

You folks defeating (or losing but keep on trying and trying and trying) stuff like 100 survival in the hardest difficulty mode is really something else o____O

I wouldn't even dream of capable of doing it--I don't have the probably Buddha-like patience required to do it o___O
It's not hard, I don't even know how to use Lisa, I just repeat the same combo.
You *just* need to be patient and have luck. :/

Lost around 70 using Lisa for the first time. -.-"
I'll try tomorrow.

bumpkin

Man, I hesitated to pick this up since Tekken Tag 2 had just dropped, but I figured what the hell with Target's game sale. Played it for an hour or two earlier, and man, it's just satisfying. I don't know what it is about the gameplay. Maybe it's the great animation, perhaps how satisfying big hits (like danger zones) are, or the sheer detail and crispness of the visuals, but I love it. Feel kind of silly about putting off buying it.

DR2K

Banned
Man, I hesitated to pick this up since Tekken Tag 2 had just dropped, but I figured what the hell with Target's game sale. Played it for an hour or two earlier, and man, it's just satisfying. I don't know what it is about the gameplay. Maybe it's the great animation, perhaps how satisfying big hits (like danger zones) are, or the sheer detail and crispness of the visuals, but I love it. Feel kind of silly about putting off buying it.

Welcome to the dark side! Animation is DOA has been great since DOA2, so so a lot of the new and old just blend in. Wheras you notice older animations in other fighters.

That reminds I need to pick Tekken Tag 2 up again, sold it since I switched everything over 360. Waiting on black friday/cyber monday stuff.

Top Bottom