• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

DR2K

Banned
I dunno how I did it. It was a parry-type of move but it wanted both pressed at the same time because that's what the + sign indicates. I don't think it was a quick press H press P move.

Basically do it like it were a combo and not a combination do the parry then press punch, same with the kick.

So hold then press punch.

It's a built in her parries to punish late throw attampts and just allows her to continue offense.

*sigh*

I think I'm getting better, or at least, I've found a better tactic that trying to cheese with Alpha's 4K6K. Using CB's seems to be the way to go, but this will still probably take some time.

I'm still stuck on Champ, by the way. ._.

A.E Suggs

So the only DLC is dress up :(

I am a huge fan of this games mechanics, but the more fan service i see, especially since the selection of dudes to beat down is dwarfed by the big boobed women bouncing into battle, i have to pass on DOA once again..hearing this is probably one of the best fighters out right now makes it sting a little -__-

I'd really like to know why the fan-service even bothers you.

Edit:also with the costumes coming out tommorow you'd think they'd have pics up by now.

Skilletor

Right, but there's no H+P option and combining the two makes the game think I'm wanting a throw (since that's the shortcut for throw, I guess) when Hitomi's specific command WANTS H+P for one move.

H+P = Throw...that's also one of the default options.

Edit: Reading up. Yes, you do 9H and then p. She does a kick from the parry.

I'd really like to know why the fan-service even bothers you.

Edit:also with the costumes coming out tommorow you'd think they'd have pics up by now.

Hilarious to me that he's saying, "Yeah, the game sounds like it PLAYS awesome, but...I can't condone fanservice. So I will deny myself a game that plays amazing because there is skin."

By that logic this person has never played a DoA game.

Dizzy

Banned
Got to 85 or so, missed a move....been sloppy with them tonight, psycho Kasumi hits a power blow and a load of combos and its all over.

I think this needs to be the official theme for doa survival mode.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv71QPIhPeY

I tried so hard but go so far, in the end did it really even matter :'(

A.E Suggs

Hilarious to me that he's saying, "Yeah, the game sounds like it PLAYS awesome, but...I can't condone fanservice. So I will deny myself a game that plays amazing because there is skin."

By that logic this person has never played a DoA game.

I guess everyone has to give themselves reasons for why they can't play something. I think he's more than likely scared to be playing the by others, shame on the things people won't buy games for these days.

thundr51

Ok, so I know lisa and some of the other girls have extra costumes available obtained by going through survival but does Helena or Kokoro have anything extra?

Hmm, online seems to be going a lot better now.

I guess those first five or so were just really unlucky.

E: Ended up playing way more than I meant to, but that means I was having fun.

I ran into two annoying Helena's and a Ryu. S levels, all of them lol. I almost beat one of them, though.

This game online, nah, just too cheap. But fun.

Using Alpha, by the way. >_>

Default is for pad. So where X would be Free for us, Square is on the pad.

Nah, I'm not talking about just the default. None of the preset types have stick in mind. I was expecting at least Type D to be just the three buttons. And actually, it's not even about stick, just that there's no default without button combos macroed. I remember thinking that was really weird the first time I set my buttons.

Maybe I'm just weird for thinking it's weird, though lol

Is this game not made for sticks at all? I just got it on the 360 and in training mode to see demos you need to click the right stick....I can't find an alternative or a way to change this.

Persona86

Banned
Overall it's a little less, but their target is 1 million and it should hit it when it's all said and done.

Especially considering this is the type of game a lot of people don't buy as a "Day 1" game, but usually will buy later on when they feel like playing a fighting game and the price is right. I'm waiting for the price to go a bit more cheaper (I'm poor haha)

raven777

1351567590582.jpg

Basically gym uniform and school girl uniform packs have identical characters: Kasumi, Ayane, Hitomi, Kokoro.

Special pack includes Lei fang (the one already revealed), Hayate, Mila and Ayane ( the overall I assume)

Mesharey

I'll get this pack, the same price as the last one right ? -.-"
Hopefully the next one is good (more Ayane & Hitomi costumes plz).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
How long are they planning on releasing DLC? At these prices, I might as well wait it out until there's some sort of sale.

A.E Suggs

Any one got a full pic of kokoro's uniform? This uniform looks the same as the one in the game almost, how does everyone but her get the their original uniforms?
Oh well at least I have Hitomi uniform which is the one I cared about the most anyway.

raven777

Any one got a full pic of kokoro's uniform? This uniform looks the same as the one in the game almost, how does everyone but her get the their original uniforms?

Oh well at least I have Hitomi uniform which is the one I cared about the most anyway.

I heard its the same one without cardigan, but I am not sure. But she is the only one who had uniform in the first place.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hitomi's brown Sakura school uniform? HNNNNNNNNG.

(I'm still waiting for her Jean Jacket and cheerleader bikini outfits [and her DOA4 green cut-off and jacket outfit], Team Ninja.)

raven777

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

official images of this week's costumes

edit: and it looks like the full set will not be delayed 1 week in US PSN like last time.

Top Bottom