• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Jinroh

Those pics posted by Hoya Destroyer really look great. But there's way more aliasing on my ps3 verison. Do the screenshots feature removes the aliasing or is the ps3 version a bit inferior?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Those pics posted by Hoya Destroyer really look great. But there's way more aliasing on my ps3 verison. Do the screenshots feature removes the aliasing or is the ps3 version a bit inferior?

I think he is using some tools on them. Also exporting from Ps3 ones are small files sadly (Or is there a way to get the full res picture?)

Astery

Holy nutballs, so this costume pack 2 is finally out in my region of ps store, and it's expensive as hell. Is it worth it guys?

Dantis

Holy nutballs, so this costume pack 2 is finally out in my region of ps store, and it's expensive as hell. Is it worth it guys?

Not really. Some people like the cat costumes, and the pack with Hayabusa and Kasumi is alright. The maid pack is terrible.

Managed to take out Time Attack on Legend relatively quickly just now. Only stumbled a few times on the first few rounds before running straight through it.

Squire

Banned

There's pics of all the costumes up on their site. Look at them and decide what you think.

I like them, but then I just want all the costumes period, really. Buying Pack 3 on Tuesday without any doubt. But I do genuinely like quite a few of them.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Holy shit! I just got the Lisa bikini. Only had a little bit of health at the end and got lucky with her being against the ropes.

3 sets like last week. It's gym clothes, school uniforms, and a third set of special costumes. They'll all be bundled together as Round 3.

Great, need more costumes! I'll go look for some pictures.

Are they delaying the bundle a week again? That would be really annoying, again.

They've only released shots of one costume per set

Yea, the ones that were posted a few days ago. Oh well. As long as I don't have to wait an extra week for no reason, I don't really care.

Looking for pics reminded me that I don't have the Black Bunny suits. This game is so annoying for all the wrong reasons.

benzy

No. They're over-priced and are just costumes from the old games.

Sounds awfully similar to Bette Midlers, 'The Rose'. Too similar perhaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6okRuOLc8

Pretty sure they got the same melody from it. The song used in Lei-Fang's DOA4 ending is similar to this song. lol.

Im not using any editing software. Might be a 360 thing, though I can see pretty nasty jaggies when I look at the images at a larger size.
Maybe that f (for focus?) setting has something to do with it? I just leave it at the default value of 2.8 generally.

ALBUMMK28C3255006028045.jpg
ALBUMMK28D0441006028110.jpg

ALBUMMK28C3155006028144.jpg
ALBUMMK28C5420006028144.jpg

ALBUMMK28D5732006028127.jpg
ALBUMMK28D4111006028084.jpg

ALBUMMK28E0116006028062.jpg
ALBUMMK28D2650006028144.jpg

ALBUMMK28E4054006028073.jpg
ALBUMMK28F1001006028049.jpg

ALBUMMK28F0614006028064.jpg
ALBUMMK28F1815006028144.jpg

I used Lisa along with the tips Hoya Destroyer posted on page 91. Many thanks to Hoya Destroyer! Would have never been able to do it otherwise.

Aw shucks. No worries, man.
Using my Lisa strategy seems to be the easiest way, but its still not easy IMO.
I thought there would be some really cheesy AI exploit that someone would discover by now.

Endo Punk

Bayman has joined the gang, wasn't feeling it at first but I really dig his gameplay. A little slow but relentless once you get a combo going and combine it with a leg lock.

Also 976 fights online! 24 before DOA becomes my life. I'll save that until after the next patch. Does anyone know when it's due?

Dizzy

Banned
Fuck me....I did it! Well Champ difficulty at least. Thats probably the most nerve wracking game ive played in ages. Now theres just TF, Master and Legend to do.....but at least I know its without my ability now.

Fuck me....I did it! Well Champ difficulty at least. Thats probably the most nerve wracking game ive played in ages. Now theres just TF, Master and Legend to do.....but at least I know its without my ability now.

Congratulations!

I still feel like it's impossible for me lol

Arukado

I did the Champ Route too with Alpha 5 min ago, and i'm still shaking.

ksdixon

Does this game seem to have overly long loading times for... everything on the 360? Not even trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely wondering if installing the game would speed things up.

Squire

Banned
Does this game seem to have overly long loading times for... everything on the 360? Not even trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely wondering if installing the game would speed things up.

I don't have it installed and everything loads perfectly fine. Nothing is slow at all.

DR2K

Banned
There's a cold place in hell for Team Ninja's survival mode. Died at 98 on true fighter. Using the Lisa method, but AI Lisa was crushing and hold it. Stupid ass mode.

Mesharey

There's a cold place in hell for Team Ninja's survival mode. Died at 98 on true fighter. Using the Lisa method, but AI Lisa was crushing and hold it. Stupid ass mode.
Ohh ..

I tried many times with Ayane and Hitomi but I couldn't do it .. maybe I have to use Lisa method ..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WTF at Hitomi's Command training 92/93. Who the hell is going to use 77H+P/44H+K in a normal match?

And double WTF at no H+P/H+K options in the controller settings on PS3?

You have 4 default options (losing the bumper options until "D" is like arcade mode with no macros) and taunt not mapped on any of them. But custom maps taunt to the one bumper/trigger not being used (L2 in PS3's case) with no options to change what the buttons do. Unlike DOA4 or earlier where you could change EVERYTHING and even have H+P/H+K as macro options.

WTF, Team Ninja? WTF.

DR2K

Banned
WTF at Hitomi's Command training 92/93. Who the hell is going to use 77H+P/44H+K in a normal match?

And double WTF at no H+P/H+K options in the controller settings on PS3?

You have 4 default options (losing the bumper options until "D" is like arcade mode with no macros) and taunt not mapped on any of them. But custom maps taunt to the one bumper/trigger not being used (L2 in PS3's case) with no options to change what the buttons do. Unlike DOA4 or earlier where you could change EVERYTHING and even have H+P/H+K as macro options.

WTF, Team Ninja? WTF.

Which moves are those?

Go to custom option, they should all be there.

TheSeks

Which moves are those?

I'm forgetting but it's a H+P/H+K move that is back-turned and attempting to hold the opponent or something like that. I'll have to see them again (if you can skip through command training to them) to honestly tell you but they're so impractical that I had to scratch my head and wonder who is going to use them.

Go to custom option, they should all be there.

I did. I didn't see them. All I saw was P/K/H/T/P+K/H+P+K/Taunt.

So the only DLC is dress up :(

I am a huge fan of this games mechanics, but the more fan service i see, especially since the selection of dudes to beat down is dwarfed by the big boobed women bouncing into battle, i have to pass on DOA once again..hearing this is probably one of the best fighters out right now makes it sting a little -__-

DR2K

Banned
I'm forgetting but it's a H+P/H+K move that is back-turned and attempting to hold the opponent or something like that. I'll have to see them again (if you can skip through command training to them) to honestly tell you but they're so impractical that I had to scratch my head and wonder who is going to use them.

I did. I didn't see them. All I saw was P/K/H/T/P+K/H+P+K/Taunt.

F+K should be there(I have the macro), H+P is throw.

So the only DLC is dress up :(

I am a huge fan of this games mechanics, but the more fan service i see, especially since the selection of dudes to beat down is dwarfed by the big boobed women bouncing into battle, i have to pass on DOA once again..hearing this is probably one of the best fighters out right now makes it sting a little -__-

The roster is half male and half female.

TheSeks

a further distancing from Itagaki's fan service template.

ThisIsFightingGamesDude.gif

Do you say the same thing about big breasted females in skimpy outfits in SC5, Juggle--er--"Tekken," VF5's bikinis, etc. etc. etc.?

DR2K said:
F+K should be there(I have the macro), H+P is throw.

F+K definitely isn't there. I'll check tomorrow but the custom option was really poor and I could swear the F+K/F+P option wasn't there.

And H+P is a throw why is it specifically required to do H+P for Hitomi's training commands instead of just pushing T in addition to the direction they wanted.

DR2K

Banned
a further distancing from Itagaki's fan service template.

Oh they were, but after the Ninja Gaiden 3 debacle and fan outrage they decided not to piss off the very loud breast loving fanbase. Under all the tits and graphics there's a very great fighting game.

FYI Team Ninja's next patch will be a balance one on top of more netcode stability and glitch fixes.

DR2K

Banned
What is F+K? I do know H+K is there. I have it mapped to R2.

F = Free and H = Hold. Same button, just used differently. Your press F to cancel the animation of your attack so you can transition into another string as soon as possible. It's also hold when used with a direction input.

Skilletor

ThisIsFightingGamesDude.gif

Do you say the same thing about big breasted females in skimpy outfits in SC5, Juggle--er--"Tekken," VF5's bikinis, etc. etc. etc.?

F+K definitely isn't there. I'll check tomorrow but the custom option was really poor and I could swear the F+K/F+P option wasn't there.

And H+P is a throw why is it specifically required to do H+P for Hitomi's training commands instead of just pushing T in addition to the direction they wanted.

H+K default is RT. It's right after H+P+K in Type A.

Mesharey

Lost so many times with 60+ using Ayane, I want to finish survival soon so I can play/watch other things. T_T
I want to finish it ! and I will use Ayane or Hitomi only. XD

TheSeks

H+K default is RT. It's right after H+P+K in Type A.

Right, but there's no H+P option and combining the two makes the game think I'm wanting a throw (since that's the shortcut for throw, I guess) when Hitomi's specific command WANTS H+P for one move.

DR2K

Banned
Right, but there's no H+P option and combining the two makes the game think I'm wanting a throw (since that's the shortcut for throw, I guess) when Hitomi's specific command WANTS H+P for one move.

Are you sure it's not just doing her parry then pressing punch after it whiffs?

TheSeks

Are you sure it's not just doing her parry then pressing punch after it whiffs?

I dunno how I did it. It was a parry-type of move but it wanted both pressed at the same time because that's what the + sign indicates. I don't think it was a quick press H press P move.

Top Bottom