• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

4PK Throw, or 4PK.4PKKK, which combo is better when you Lisa in survival after up+K ?

well, i wanted to keep the CPU against the wall, so i used 4P,K, F+P to switch sides if my back was against the wall and 4P,K, 4P,K,K when they were facing the wall. i also used 4P,K, 7K,6,P+K to get them near to a wall or get wall hits if their back was facing the wall, but not close enough for the 4P,K, 4P,K,K to do it. oh yeah, and like DR2K said, 33P to launch, it doesn't wall splat. oh, and remove the initial 4P,K against Bayman and Bass.

How does that app work? I got some pretty cool shots to share. More action based than titty based.
What app and what console version?

explanation.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So.......... I am gonna buy 10 copies of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 should they ever make one (hopefully they will... the will, won't they?) and especially with the character models from this game.

....Just um.... throwing that out there >_____>

Dizzy

Banned
Yes! True fighter survival done. Just two left now, but I don't know if I have the sanity for it anymore. Some of those last few fights were insanse with the cpu blocking damn near everything and getting killer instinct style 99 hit combos :-/

Some random Helena bikini shots I found. Not much going on here, so I might as well post it. Most of us dont have this outfit and its nice to see it from different... angles. Hmmm. Round.
I think Helena (and Kokoro) looks terrible with her hair down. If I were watching an ad for shampoo, "flat and lifeless" is something I'd imagine they'd say about her hair.
Im REALLY hoping these CE bikinis come out as DLC. Im a bit worried they wont as (IIRC) there was some SC5 pre order DLC that never got released to the masses. What a waste.
2012_11_2_0_43_44.jpg
2012_11_2_0_40_16.jpg

A.E Suggs

Some random Helena bikini shots I found. Not much going on here, so I might as well post it. Most of us dont have this outfit and its nice to see it from different... angles. Hmmm. Round.
I think Helena (and Kokoro) looks terrible with her hair down. If I were watching an ad for shampoo, "flat and lifeless" is something I'd imagine they'd say about her hair.
Im REALLY hoping these CE bikinis come out as DLC. Im a bit worried they wont as (IIRC) there was some SC5 pre order DLC that never got released to the masses. What a waste.

When does kokoro ever not have her hair down? Also terrible man really, I can see if you said bad but terrible implies something else i'm sure.

Esura

Banned
Speaking of Kokoro, why is she the only one with a T shirt on in her pre-order bikini? That's some bullshit. I know by the charts she got some of the biggest tits in the game. Need some costumes to show that shit off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kasumi is decent and innocent too and she show that shit off. :p

That's because Kasumi is a whore.

vmxaL.gif

*kidding*

---

So, tried Champion AI Survival made it up to like... 15-20 before being wiped out. Woe. :(

Esura

Banned
Nice to see that they actually have asses now. Makes them look soo much more like women.

Absolutely. Dat ass makes the world go round.

I like the way you think
:brofist

Seems kind of unfair does it not? Every single gal, even ones from VF, are showing off their tits yet they decided to protect Kokoro's honor.

That's because Kasumi is a whore.

vmxaL.gif

*kidding*

---

So, tried Champion AI Survival made it up to like... 15-20 before being wiped out. Woe. :(

I like that gif. Right clicking and save for use when DmC comes out. :p

TheSeks

I suck so bad. I can't Critical Burst at all. It seems like the game wants you to commit to combos while Crit Bursting attacking since the opponent can parry "HI-YAH"/H out being stunned/crumbling until you Crit Burst them. :/

Also I can do the first part of the Izuna Drop but I can't seem to reverse 360 quick enough for the last "COMBO THROW" to seal the deal. Double that for the expert hold version.

I should go home and be a Ninja Dog. :(

louie

I suck so bad. I can't Critical Burst at all. It seems like the game wants you to commit to combos while Crit Bursting attacking since the opponent can parry "HI-YAH"/H out being stunned/crumbling until you Crit Burst them. :/

Also I can do the first part of the Izuna Drop but I can't seem to reverse 360 quick enough for the last "COMBO THROW" to seal the deal. Double that for the expert hold version.

I should go home and be a Ninja Dog. :(

The secret to doing the Izuna is that you don't need to be precise, like, at all. If you literally mash 360 motions on your pad or stick, and then press the throw button when "command throw" comes up it should come out. You won't even need to change the direction of the 360 motion either.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kokoro has her PE outfit and the half exposed one. That's just fine :p besides if you really want to see her boobs just put on the damn swimsuit costume and go to the temple stage and hit the water.

TheSeks

The secret to doing the Izuna is that you don't need to be precise, like, at all. If you literally mash 360 motions on your pad or stick, and then press the throw button when "command throw" comes up it should come out. You won't even need to change the direction of the 360 motion either.

Seriously? I've been doing that and I can't get him to finish/spin the drop. I can launch, grab in the air, but never seal/spin the deal. :(

It's the same with the expert hold, but there I can do the 67H to launch but can't 23698H 214789632H. :(

louie

Seriously? I've been doing that and I can't get him to finish/spin the drop. I can launch, grab in the air, but never seal/spin the deal. :(

It's the same with the expert hold, but there I can do the 67H to launch but can't 23698H 214789632H. :(

From the sounds of it you're just not pressing the throw button at the right time. When you go for the izuna just forget about about getting the half circle/ full circle motions, and instead just mash 360s non-stop - this will take care of the move execution. The only thing you need to concentrate on is the 'Command Throw' text that pops up when you need to press the throw button. When it appears press whatever button you've assigned H+P to, and assuming you're still spamming 360's the move will come out. That's all there is to it, it's really just getting the timing correct. So my advice is not to over complicate things or get stressed out over it, once you get the timing down the move comes out pretty easily.

Skilletor

Yup.

I've done it this way since DoA2. I don't even know what the proper motion is. haha

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait, am I correct in saying that even if you are lucky enough to defeat survival in the highest difficulty possible the game may decide to be a dick and not have you get the swimsuit? It is not a 100% chance?

............that's..........

........that's just incredibly and unnecessarily cruel, isn't it?

DR2K

Banned
Wait, am I correct in saying that even if you are lucky enough to defeat survival in the highest difficulty possible the game may decide to be a dick and not have you get the swimsuit? It is not a 100% chance?

No if you beat legends you get it 100%.

i can't say for sure that it's 100%, but it's 100%, i haven't seen anyone who beat legends survival then complained that the swimsuit was still locked

Oh I read it somewhere it is just a 30% chance....?

oh, that...

people were saying that about Arcade and Time Attack, something about it being a 30% chance of unlocking if you continued... no idea if that ever panned out... no continues in survival mode so that doesn't apply.

When does kokoro ever not have her hair down? Also terrible man really, I can see if you said bad but terrible implies something else i'm sure.

Implies something else? I wasnt trying to imply anything, just stating that it looks terrible to me.
I made Kokoro wear a cowboy hat the whole time I played DoAX2, cause I disliked her TERRIBLE hair so much. lol

KSai

Kokoro is pure, do not touch.

Man with the Iron Fists got me so pumped up today I went up two ranks and now I'm a B+.

KSai

It's not nearly as much as a narrative as Kill Bill. It's nonstop action except for a few character scenes and it's violent as hell. Tarantino productions do not disappoint.

Galdelico

I'm starting to believe Survival is just plain stupid... :/

It doesn't seem a matter of actually 'surviving' throughout the whole ladder but more like being lucky-tricky enough to overcome those 2/3 occasions when the CPU goes literally berserker.
Judging by my experience, it usually happens by the end of the ladder itself (I just beat Hard and I struggled mostly around fight 45/47) but I noticed these moments of CPU's impenetrable defense, relentless countering and infinite juggles can pop up kind of randomly, even at the very beginning.

I can't even imagine how boring will be to try and beat the last 3 difficulty levels...

Galdelico

I still haven't even started survival mode, is it that unforgiving?
That's the point... Legend Arcade and Time Attack gave me the impression of being kinda unforgiving.

I wouldn't say Survival is 'hard': seems to me more like the CPU - sometimes - activates its own god-mode, becoming almost unbeatable.
That said, I may be wrong... Just completed it on Hard, so I'm still at the beginning. :D

Finally managed to pick this up today. It's taking me a while to get back into the DoA swing of things, but I'll get there eventually.

Only been playing about 30mins or so. Started with story mode. I'm being disorientated by the huge cutscene to fight ratio difference, lol. And these little trial things are a bit odd too.

Am I right in reading the achievement list and there's only one related to Ranked matches (that one being "Play a Ranked Match")? If so, I will be exceptionally pleased as despite loving and buying almost every fighting game I come across, I'm fully aware how much I suck (I don't have a huge amount of free time to get good at any of them).

Fun times ahead!

Top Bottom