• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Galdelico

Nice pics DR2K, first one with Jann is awesome.

I hope it will be possible to export snapshots on PS3 as well... I really wish to share a couple of mines (but the awfully blocky png preview totally kills them).

DR2K

Banned
Nice pics DR2K, first one with Jann is awesome.

I hope it will be possible to export snapshots on PS3 as well... I really wish to share a couple of mines (but the awfully blocky png preview totally kills them).

Hopefully someone comes up with a solution, because it's really fun. Some of the pics were from matches online.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DAT GENFU 90% win. Launch into air, hit them while they're vulnerable for like 50% of the bar. Brutal.

TheSeks

Jump over (Classic) Bayman with 0% health left. Get leg sweeped LIKE A BOSS, Jann Lee.

Oh damn. DAT KOKORO COME BACK with like 10% of health.

I caved in and bought the costume pack with Ayane (and Mila).
I always thought Ayane was a dumb looking character, but even with her red eyes and purple hair, I now think she looks pretty good. The side-boob helps, I guess.

DoA5Ayane13.jpg
DoA5Ayane11.jpg

DoA5Ayane2.jpg
DoA5Ayane5.jpg

DoA5Ayane36.jpg
DoA5Ayane28.jpg

DoA5Ayane27.jpg
DoA5Ayane35.jpg

DoA5Ayane24.jpg
DoA5Ayane29.jpg

DoA5Ayane34.jpg
DoA5Ayane25.jpg

DoA5Ayane42.jpg
DoA5Ayane51.jpg

DoA5Ayane37.jpg
DoA5Ayane47.jpg

DoA5Ayane50.jpg
DoA5Ayane48.jpg

DoA5Ayane44.jpg
DoA5Ayane1.jpg

I'm thinking of buying the consolidated costume packs at some point. Both to support the developer, and because of the whole meta-game that is photo mode, now that there's a method to export the 360 versions photos (also, variety is the spice of life, y'know).

Now someone needs to work out how to do it in other games with photo modes!

And yeah, I know it doesn't support the dev as much as it supports MS, and there's the chance that it sends the wrong message about DLC and their pricing, but dammit there's only so much I can do beyond buying multiple copies of the game.

Seems like matches are getting a tad harder to find in DOA5 and COD:BO2 isn't even out yet. :(

If anyone wants to play me online sometimes in the PSN version, my PSN ID is Eraptura.

I'm pretty decent at the game I suppose. I'm a C+ and I normally use Christie. I also like to experiment with different characters and trying to learn Hayabusa, Helena, Mila, Ayane, Kasumi and Brad Wong. Been a DOA fan since DOA on the Saturn and Playstation 1.

And yeah, I know it doesn't support the dev as much as it supports MS, and there's the chance that it sends the wrong message about DLC and their pricing,

Those all in one costume packs are so expensive. There were only 2 outfits I wanted in the last batch (Ayane and Mila). The other 10 mean pretty much nothing to me, so there was no way I was going to buy their jumbo pack. If someone really liked a significant number of them, it would be worth the purchase I suppose. Otherwise, waaaay too expensive.

Those all in one costume packs are so expensive. There were only 2 outfits I wanted in the last batch (Ayane and Mila). The other 10 mean pretty much nothing to me, so there was no way I was going to buy their jumbo pack. If someone really liked a significant number of them, it would be worth the purchase I suppose. Otherwise, waaaay too expensive.

I'm (foolishly) OCD about these things though... all or nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Generally that means none, unless I really like the game.

Akito

This week CE costumes will be available. -.-"

These images look good, I want the devils pack. :(
Depending on the prices, I might get the angel pack... lol who am I kidding, they will be 5€ each most probably, might as well wait for a bundle with all costumes.

If anyone's interested, I've been putting together a Google Spreadsheet of all the titles, and how to get them so I can keep track of what I've done and what I still have to do.

Couldn't find one online, so I've been filling it in as I go along.

I'd be happy to make it a public doc if anyone's interested.

Xevren

If anyone's interested, I've been putting together a Google Spreadsheet of all the titles, and how to get them so I can keep track of what I've done and what I still have to do.

Couldn't find one online, so I've been filling it in as I go along.

I'd be happy to make it a public doc if anyone's interested.

Definitely, would be useful to get alpha unlocked faster.

TheSeks

Definitely, would be useful to get alpha unlocked faster.

I still haven't unlocked Alpha since I can't get some of these offline titles. :( Critical Burst->Power Blows especially.

I still haven't unlocked Alpha since I can't get some of these offline titles. :( Critical Burst->Power Blows especially.

Same here, but I've done Story and played through 2 levels of solo Arcade (Rookie and easy)and am up to 215 titles (only need 300, not the full 500+) so it should be DOAble.

Still, hope the lists's useful to some of you. May be useful in picking out some reasonably achievable titles to build your totals up.

(lol, see what I did thar)

Skilletor

I haven't unlocked Alpha because fuck the tedious shit they make me do to unlock her.

Overall really disappointed with the game. Online is bad. Recent tournaments show me the game isn't very far removed from DoA4 and it's obvious the developers want to keep it that way.

At least it's pretty.

Akito

I had to unlock Alpha (and everything else) twice since I was a retard and accidentally deleted my saves. Still, it's not that hard to pull off, it only gets somewhat grindy if you're not that good at the game like myself.
Even though I only needed half the time for the second attempt, I was pretty much burnt out on DOA after that, I should pop the game in again.

PJX

Same here, but I've done Story and played through 2 levels of solo Arcade (Rookie and easy)and am up to 215 titles (only need 300, not the full 500+) so it should be DOAble.

Still, hope the lists's useful to some of you. May be useful in picking out some reasonably achievable titles to build your totals up.

(lol, see what I did thar)

You only need 300 titles to unlock Alpha? I'm at 202 and gave up because I thought I had to get all 500+ titles.

Xevren

I haven't unlocked Alpha because fuck the tedious shit they make me do to unlock her.

Overall really disappointed with the game. Online is bad. Recent tournaments show me the game isn't very far removed from DoA4 and it's obvious the developers want to keep it that way.

At least it's pretty.

Same here really. It can be fun to play with friends, but even they aren't playing it much anymore...

I wonder if the online is truly that dead or if something is wrong with the matchmaking.

I have over 80 people in my XBL friends list, and not one of them has DoA5... even the ones that are really into fighting games. One has said he might get it in a few months though.

Hitomi finally has a swimsuit? HNNNNG.

Hitomi and Mila underboob will be great. I hope they're in the same pack as Im not really that interested in any of the other swimsuits (except maybe Helena, just a little). Great photo potential IMO.
I wish I could talk about game mechanics more, but it can be tough to find human opponents here in Aus. Cost and competition are the two things I am most jealous of with American gamers.
Im also a bit sad to hear the next DLC will be the swimsuits as I feel it may be the last DLC we'll see. I guess that gold sling bikini for Tina will never (legitimately) materialize :(

Awesome. Non-CE swimsuits too!
I might cancel my black Ops 2 pre order after hearing about the small maps and now new DoA5 costumes too.

Edit: I heard the non-CE DLC is just the rabbit outfits. Disappointing :(
The good news is, I also heard Mila and Hitomi are in the same CE bikini pack.

Mesharey

Well, at least I can finally get devils pack.

I was hoping this week we get new costumes. :(
I think I will buy kitties pack too. -.-"

A.E Suggs

Hitomi finally has a swimsuit? HNNNNG.

Too bad you have to pay for this. *sigh*

Well DUH we had to pay for them at launch as well for the CE. I'd be mad if the costumes were free why should people who buy the game later get special treatment than those who supported early/paid more?

TheSeks

Well DUH we had to pay for them at launch as well for the CE. I'd be mad if the costumes were free why should people who buy the game later get special treatment than those who supported early/paid more?

Whoosh goes the point of my comment over your head.

It doesn't matter if it was a CE or not. I understand that one, but the others are expensive as hell for what you get and should be free like the first "pack" release.

Watch them overcharge for this one as well.

JDS 2.0

Banned
Hitomi and Mila underboob will be great. I hope they're in the same pack as Im not really that interested in any of the other swimsuits (except maybe Helena, just a little). Great photo potential IMO.
I wish I could talk about game mechanics more, but it can be tough to find human opponents here in Aus. Cost and competition are the two things I am most jealous of with American gamers.
Im also a bit sad to hear the next DLC will be the swimsuits as I feel it may be the last DLC we'll see. I guess that gold sling bikini for Tina will never (legitimately) materialize :(

pervert

Top Bottom