• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

KSai

The online achievements are minimal. Register five people you fight online as rivals, start a lobby, play a simple match, play a ranked match, accept 10 fight requests, and the hardest: actually challenge someone on your rival list.

I reached A- rank today! I've never gone beyond B+ in 4. Things have changed.

Mesharey

Played 4 hours to finish survival at master difficulty but I couldn't finish it, lost at 96 and 80s many times. T_T

I want to see the new DLC.

dreamfall

Had a great six hour session with a good friend, playing DOA for the first time ever! Tried to get him to play DOA 4 way back when, always dodged it. I brought my copy over, and after a couple hours we went out and he bought the game at a Target! His skillset with Kasumi is definitely developing- but a new fan was born!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Had a great six hour session with a good friend, playing DOA for the first time ever! Tried to get him to play DOA 4 way back when, always dodged it. I brought my copy over, and after a couple hours we went out and he bought the game at a Target! His skillset with Kasumi is definitely developing- but a new fan was born!

Good job. Keep preaching it!!!

Is getting the guide worth it? I've been trying to work my way through the challenge lists and constantly having to switch controllers to see the different movesets is starting to get annoying (Thanks for ignoring us stick players, Tecmo!).

Also, am I the only one having issues with input timing? I can't seem to get some of the easy combos to come out. If it helps, I'm used to playing BlazBlue.

Oh, and I never realized how much fun Lei Fang was to use; I've always been a Kasumi guy.

Esura

Banned
Is getting the guide worth it? I've been trying to work my way through the challenge lists and constantly having to switch controllers to see the different movesets is starting to get annoying (Thanks for ignoring us stick players, Tecmo!).

Also, am I the only one having issues with input timing? I can't seem to get some of the easy combos to come out. If it helps, I'm used to playing BlazBlue.

Oh, and I never realized how much fun Lei Fang was to use; I've always been a Kasumi guy.

Yes, I say the guide worth it. Got all that frame doohicky stuff too. And I got it for the cheap too.

Fuck these bonus missions!!!

Even the simple ones are proving awkward - "land 3 ground strikes".

I smack Brad up enough to knock him down but he lands miles away. I can't get over in time to land a weak ground stike, and a heavy ground strike never comes out. Even if I am next to him when he goes down, the low ground strike never hits him.

knock him down twice and he's taken too much damage to be able to survive a third, even if I did manage 2 ground strikes (which I haven't yet... not even one!!!)

GAH!!

*EDIT*

Finally did it. My mistake was pressing motion and button at the same time, rather than motion THEN button.

I feel like a fool.

Completed survival at master difficulty, only Legend is left now, I will leave it for tomorrow.

You're so close. Is the swimsuit or the achievement your priority?

ALBUMMK31I4821006028090.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and the hardest: actually challenge someone on your rival list

Only because you can't challenge someone while they're in an online lobby. They have to simply be online in the menus or offline modes. Yes, it's stupid.

I still don't have it. :(

TheSeks

"Do a Senko-Izuna!"

Oh... is that all?

LMAO, I know right? I get two parts in and then completely fail.

You can ignore those and come back to them later, so just complete the story.

>>Am I the only one that bought this for Virtua Fighter characters?<<

Yes you are. :p

Nope. Another week. Pics should leak soon though.

Not soon enough for me. What characters will get outfits next, I wonder?
Off the top of my head, Bass and Elliot are the only two not to have any DLC outfits so far.
More swimsuits for Lisa and Tina would be great. probably not gonna happen though.
Maybe we'll be able to finally buy the CE swimsuits?

Squire

Banned
Not soon enough for me. What characters will get outfits next, I wonder?
Off the top of my head, Bass and Elliot are the only two not to have any DLC outfits so far.
More swimsuits for Lisa and Tina would be great. probably not gonna happen though.
Maybe we'll be able to finally buy the CE swimsuits?

I think the CE Swimsuits will be the very last pack, possibly the fifth (so after this next one.) One pic already leaked. Me and DR2K are pretty sure it'll be additional swim suits for Tina/Lisa/Christie/Helena.

I think the CE Swimsuits will be the very last pack, possibly the fifth (so after this next one.) One pic already leaked. Me and DR2K are pretty sure it'll be additional swim suits for Tina/Lisa/Christie/Helena.

you're probably right about the CE swimsuits coming out last.
Can you post the leaked shot or name the swimsuit? (if its from DoAX)

LMAO, I know right? I get two parts in and then completely fail.

You can ignore those and come back to them later, so just complete the story.

Same here, I've only managed the 2 parts and that was the result of rage-flailing with the Hold button on turbo (SFIV CE stick), just to see what would happen.

I managed the Izuna Drop in, like, 2 tries. This one, however, seems to have the tiniest input window I've ever seen.

And, so far, I've refused to continue on until I've beaten the challenge. The past few nights I've been failing on stuff at the arse-end of the evening and when I return the next day I have success within a few tries. Hopefully this trend will continue.

I've passed every trial up to this point so far (worst up till now have been the combo's, especially Jann Lee's 8hit with opponent facing backwards). I SHALL PREVAIL!!

After an evenings sesh, I like to put on Spectator mode and just have some rumbling going down whilst I wind down and surf the net for a few mins. Had a little play around with the photo mode. Trying to figure out which F-Stop setting I like the most. I may give that photo exporter a try too, as I can see some nice wallpapers coming out of it :D

Would be cool if a method could be found for DOAX2 and DOA4 photo exporting too. I've always found the photo modes in games to be a bit pointless if all you can do is look at them with the in-game viewers.

Uthred

Any word on whether they'll release a "Complete DLC Pack" at the end or are the weekly collections the best were getting?

wow the online activity for this game really died down. I just came back from a 3 week vacation and it is taking a very long time to find a match. Is everyone just playing survival mode or something?

I actually just did the Senko-Izuna!!!

After many MANY fails, and now a small blister in my right palm, I finally managed it. Slowing down my rotations was what won it for me.

Not looking forward to having to do it again in that moves challenge... ugh! That's one for a few months away, I think.

wow the online activity for this game really died down. I just came back from a 3 week vacation and it is taking a very long time to find a match. Is everyone just playing survival mode or something?

i think everyone is playing photo mode.

i'd love to have search filters in training mode, just to search a wider area while i learn characters. alas, TN thought it wasn't necessary.

DR2K

Banned
DR2K thought it was fake at first IIRC (like I did). I wonder why he changed his mind?
I hope its legit. I really really do :)
It might quieten down some of those people who wanted Lisas swimsuit but didnt want to finish Survival mode to get it.

Because last time I screamed fake I was wrong.

This game seems pretty dead, here in Australia.
Everyone seems to be playing Halo 4 or the new Assassins Creed. Soon it'll all be about BO2. Im not sure if I'll even get the new CoD this time.

Mesharey

This game seems pretty dead, here in Australia.
Everyone seems to be playing Halo 4 or the new Assassins Creed. Soon it'll all be about BO2. Im not sure if I'll even get the new CoD this time.
Well, today I played DOA5 and Halo 4 (RE6 too). :p

Everyone is busy with the new games right now.

DR2K

Banned
Some pics. Finally got this thing to work. Mine are more action based.

Kasumi vs Hitomi

Leifang vs Bayman

Jann vs Hayate

Helena vs Bass

Christie vs Kasumi

I managed to get all the way to (what I've read is) the last Story Mission last night, not moving on until I complete the bonus missions.

I was so knackered though that try as I might, I just couldn't complete that last Bonus Mission (
True
Kasumi, Critical Burst -> Power Blow).

I'm sure I'll manage it tonight though, and finally move on to playing the Arcade mode. Can anyone recommend some combos to fulfil the mission requirements?

Feel strangely satisfied with myself for not giving in to the more difficult bonus missions. I said to myself at the begining that I wouldn't move on till I pass the current bonus mission, and suprisingly actually stuck to it for once. I'm usually quite quick to give up on such things.

I'm gonna get so destroyed when I finally play online, but unfortunately no-one in my 85+ strong friendslist have DoA5 :(

Kinda thinking about playing through the previous games again now too. I have 1 & 2 Ultimate, 3 and 4 all sitting on my shelf, being neglected, and I lost my DoA4 save when I got my 360S and tried to move my save files off the old one and onto a memory stick, and have been meaning for ages to unlock everything again.

TheSeks

45 matches and only have won 12. I suck so bad. :/ It doesn't help that pro players don't stick to ranked mode like they should so I'm facing S++++++++++++ players as an F-. :/

Xevren

I couldn't even get into any matches the last couple nights, and lobbies were a ghost town. Oh well. I do wish the AI wasn't so awful to play against at least, but that's a rarity in fighters nowadays, except for VF 5 FS's special sparring anyway.

Top Bottom