• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

A.E Suggs

Uhm, I don't see any of the dlc. Got the new patch, saw the "new" tag next to the PSN store icon in game, when to the store and nothing new. Closed the game, went to the store and still nothing? what gives? Yes, i'm on PS3.

Give it time, things like this happen sometimes.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got the update last night, but there's no DLC available on PSN. Although when I boot the game, the PSN Store option has "New" flashing next to it.

Are we sure the DLC comes out this week? Maybe it was pulled for next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got the update last night, but there's no DLC available on PSN. Although when I boot the game, the PSN Store option has "New" flashing next to it.

Are we sure the DLC comes out this week? Maybe it was pulled for next week.

It's up. I think the "new flashing" is because it's been on the Japan store all day so they triggered it for the other regions.

DLC key is 100kb which begs the question why it isn't simply unlocked from the get-go of the patch, but hey it's free so I can't complain too much about that.

vic2020

Neo Member
DLC key is 100kb which begs the question why it isn't simply unlocked from the get-go of the patch, but hey it's free so I can't complain too much about that.

They probably want people to check the store for the free map and lure them with kokoro's underboob into buying swimsuits.

DR2K

Banned
Stage and Costumes downloading. . . . The Bikini's are 100kb codes, added in the update. So everyone will be able to see them regardless of purchase.

TheSeks

Stage and Costumes downloading. . . . The Bikini's are 100kb codes, added in the update. So everyone will be able to see them regardless of purchase.

Charging $12 for them is so dumb, if there was an outfit sale for the bundles to be like $10-20 total max for all of them, I'd buy them.

I'm still holding out hope the portable version includes them for free for day one buyers like Street vs Juggle did.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yup, everything is up now on PSN.

And no one is playing ranked. -_-

Guess it no longer matters now- with the new swimsuit pack I don't need to bother getting Lisa's legendary unlocked and unlocking Christie's again on PS3. Lobby matches it is!

The Zack Island stage is really, really nice. I don't think most of the new bikinis are worth it though.

TheSeks

Eh, with Throwdown Ranked now, you can just sit in training mode and wait for someone to do a ranked request to fight in ranked, surely?

jediyoshi

aw, 360 users getting the shaft on release date. wish there was a better way to check which dlc belongs to what pack to what dlc you already own. i dropped off a while ago and can't keep track of any of it

Yeah, it sucks that us 360 folk have to wait for these updates.
I hope Tina, Lisa and Christies new swimsuits are in the same pack. It would have been nice if TN had switched those 3 swimsuits between Lisa, Tina and Christie instead of just recoloring what they already had.
Man, this game needs character customization.

Yep she stays with the best swimsuits imo.
03.jpg

With that said I'm tired of swimsuits, but at the same time its better than the recoloring they've been doing with some costumes.

That looks more like lingerie than swimsuit. I guess it makes sense you guys like it more

raven777

apparently they are canceling the patch for 360 version, and will have the new version avaialable for ps3 and 360 sometime during Feb

Dantis

Love the new stage. Will try online later.

Second I picked this up again, I remembered how much I like it. Getting the Vita version for sure.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
An issue with stagger escapes (a.k.a. slow escapes) during Critical has been discovered in the Ver.1.03 patch for PS3, released 1/22. #DOA5
As a result, we have halted the Xbox 360 update originally scheduled for January 29, 2013. #DOA5
We plan to release a corrected update for both PS3 and Xbox 360 systems sometime in February. #DOA5
There.

Skilletor

Well, they are a small team.

But mostly I'm just grateful that they haven't abandoned the game and are providing a steady stream of new content. Remember - these are free updates.

This.

This patch made the game playable for me. That's pretty amazing effort from this team. They completely revamped online and made it good.

DR2K

Banned
This "glitch" makes the game better.

I think the intention was the remove fastest stagger escape which would allow for more frame advantage on stuns, which means more stuff is guaranteed. The glitch might be that it can still be done in training mode, but not versus and online. Which would be ideal if they made it so that training mode you couldn't do fastest stagger escape.

Mesharey

Umm .. after playing in the beach stage, I want DOAX 3 lol.

It looks really good, and has refreshing music. I want the new costumes but I bought most of the DLC on Xbox, so I have to wait.

Played many matches online, solid, and I can finally receive challenges again.

4K with Ayane causes sit-down stun, and DAT BT CB. :O

Edit: I uploaded this video of the beach stage, Ayane (me) and Hayabusa, I like this feature, too bad Xbox doesn't support that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ItuqHEV-_E

After seeing it, I just want an updated HD version of DOA3.1. I don't want a rebalancing, because Team Ninja will fuck it up, just give me the same game plus upgraded visuals, great netcode and more levels and outfits. They can take out Hayate's cartwheel but that's it. Team Ninja, I'm not asking for much...

Mesharey

After seeing it, I just want an updated HD version of DOA3.1. I don't want a rebalancing, because Team Ninja will fuck it up, just give me the same game plus upgraded visuals, great netcode and more levels and outfits. They can take out Hayate's cartwheel but that's it. Team Ninja, I'm not asking for much...
DOA3 Ultimate is a good idea if they take a long time to make DOA6, BTW. did you play it after discovering the SE glitch ?

Played a few games with some random dude Online

Pretty good net code. Can't comment on how it compares to the last build but it's definitely one of the better online experiences I've had in quite some time

I'll check out the Facebook features tomorrow

Loona

Wow, so this new patch allows the possibility of sharing screenshots? I'll definitely be getting back into the game!

Finally I can export this baby here:

doa_manguito_zpsaae83fa9.jpg

There's probably a way to get a better angle (I accept tips), but I was using my Hori pad with no analog buttons, which probably limited camera manipulation, I guess.

I also noticed that if I accepted ranked throwdowns during command training, after the online match was over I could continue command training frm where I left off, which I don't think was possible before, nice - this should help the process of aiming for more titles and online matches on the way to unlock Alpha-152. I hope Ranked stays lively for a while though.

It really is beautiful. I found some of the original stages very gloomy and a little depressing. This beach stage seems to be the exact opposite of that.
I would say its my favorite stage in the game and I havent even played on it yet :)
Im pretty sure I would have bought DoAX3 on day 1, even if it was based on an oil refinery, instead of a tropical island.

louie

So essentially, for the next few weeks we get to enjoy a great/competitive Doa5 before a patch takes it away from us again. Well PS3 owners anyway.

Top Bottom