• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Squire

Banned
When those new swimsuits are revealed, I hope I see something like Mirfak, Kir Royal or Porrima and none of those boring suits someones Gran would wear at the beach.
Also, Im mad a TN for giving Lisas suit out for free, when I spent hours trudging through tedious Survival mode :mad:

I can't believe you have the swim suit names memorized.

Mesharey

When those new swimsuits are revealed, I hope I see something like Mirfak, Kir Royal or Porrima and none of those boring suits someones Gran would wear at the beach.
Also, Im mad a TN for giving Lisas suit out for free, when I spent hours trudging through tedious Survival mode :mad:
There's a scan for the new bikinis, for 8 characters I think.

Still annoyed at the lack of fanservice-y costumes for the men. Not that I care to see moving polygons objectified, but at least be equanimous if you're going to do it.

DR2K

Banned

200 ranked matches isn't exactly free.

kick in the balls for those who suffered through survival. the only premium in this game is platinum/100% now.

have you guys seen all the Vita/PS3 crossplay features? now that's what i can call awesome.

There's a scan for the new bikinis, for 8 characters I think.

I just saw a vid that showed a magazine scan from some Asian magazine. If its legit, christie looks good but all TN have done is re-color her red legend swimsuit to white. More laziness :(
Kokoro has a good cleavage thing going on in her swimsuit.
The other girls look pretty unremarkable, from what I saw.

On the flipside overall health was nerfed to 270(from 300), and it is now the standard health. So her damage nerfs aren't as bad.
Players: 300 life is too much! Matches take too long and you're never truly afraid because you can make so many mistakes before losing.

Team Ninja: Okay, we'll change the default life setting so it's less... but we'll also nerf everyone's damage output so matches still take forever and you can still make just as many mistakes as before. You're welcome!

Team Ninja Logic™.

Squire

Banned
I just saw a vid that showed a magazine scan from some Asian magazine. If its legit, christie looks good but all TN have done is re-color her red legend swimsuit to white. More laziness :(
Kokoro has a good cleavage thing going on in her swimsuit.
The other girls look pretty unremarkable, from what I saw.

I just saw that stuff. I think they look great. They'd need to be wearing dental floss to satisfy you though, Hoya.

DR2K

Banned
Players: 300 life is too much! Matches take too long and you're never truly afraid because you can make so many mistakes before losing.

Team Ninja: Okay, we'll change the default life setting so it's less... but we'll also nerf everyone's damage output so matches still take forever and you can still make just as many mistakes as before. You're welcome!

Team Ninja Logic™.

Eh her damage output prior to was ridiculous even in 300 setting. It'll still be as ridiculous in this setting.

Most characters got damage buffs.

Skilletor

It's Team Ninja. Master of bullshots! That's probably PS3 footage.

After seeing the visual drop for NGS2, I'm pretty sure that's not Vita. It even still has self-shadows.

That's what I'm thinking.

The Collector's Edition of Plus comes with a 'gravure video' in Japan. This is a preview of that video.

Yeah, I just don't think the preview was done on the Vita, lol.

Of course we might be able to get those kinds of graphics on Vita since it's a non-interactive section. Probably runs at 30fps for the gravure scenes, so it could be. It just looks way better than anything we've seen.

After seeing the visual drop for NGS2, I'm pretty sure that's not Vita. It even still has self-shadows.
It's a video. Unless we can pan around and zoom in, it doesn't have to be rendered in-engine, so sky's the limit as far as graphical (and erotic) fidelity goes.

DR2K

Banned

The Vita version they showed looked much better than NG2, it's have cross platform play so they should be much closer visually.

akaoni

Banned
I haven't touched this game since October, would it still be safe for me to get started? I'll be adding the PSN friend list sometime within the next few days maybe. Just wondering how many are still active and when you play together, though obviously some of you are way above my level to make it worthwhile.

Concerning the costumes, is there some sort of guide to the packs you should buy, because I think there's some overlap and you can't see all the costumes in the PSN store.

My last question is the PSVita version literally the exact same game, being fully online compatible with the PS3 in all ways? Might be tempted to get a PSVita mostly just to play this game if the price is reasonable.

Skilletor

I haven't touched this game since October, would it still be safe for me to get started? I'll be adding the PSN friend list sometime within the next few days maybe. Just wondering how many are still active and when you play together, though obviously some of you are way above my level to make it worthwhile.

Concerning the costumes, is there some sort of guide to the packs you should buy, because I think there's some overlap and you can't see all the costumes in the PSN store.

My last question is the PSVita version literally the exact same game, being fully online compatible with the PS3 in all ways? Might be tempted to get a PSVita mostly just to play this game if the price is reasonable.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/dlc.html

That has all of the costumes.

Vita version will be crossplay and save, so everything is shared between the two.

I haven't played in awhile since online is trash. I'll be on PSN next week when the new patch drops to check it out, though.

I stopped playing this when all the holiday games started coming out, but this looks like the perfect time to jump back into it.

Hopefully there's more people like me just starting to play online or I'm gonna get my ass handed to me.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
FYI Update is tomorrow for PS3, 360 is a week later.

And DLC is tomorrow for everyone, if that's your jam.

tumblr_m94w4qew8N1rrvk2oo1_500.gif

akaoni

Banned
Yup netcode is godlike.

So is the netcode considered acceptible for US players to play EU players by the better players now? I remember the fuss when the game released. I'm asking because I've been on the fence about adding the US people to PSN in case they wouldn't like it, for when I finally gather the motivation to play!

If it was sarcasm, then my bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spectator is lagging a little. Stuttery despite being in a 4-5 bar room. I know it stuttered in 1-3 bars before the patch, so something is up there?

Squire

Banned
Spectator is lagging a little. Stuttery despite being in a 4-5 bar room. I know it stuttered in 1-3 bars before the patch, so something is up there?

We won't know how much the net code has really improved until the patch is out everywhere and global matches are going.

TheSeks

Okay, it seems to be a sync issue. The next players were butter smooth as was my match. I didn't think the netcode was terrible before like some people (It was playable depending on connection so like KoF/GG/etc. in the past) but it's now improved to near BB/P4U netcode in terms of syncing.

I wouldn't put it on their/Arc's bar but yeah...

Though the real test is joining 1 bar lobbies for that.

TheSeks

I saw a Jann Lee counter into a critical burst but couldn't save the replay.

How does the Google account merging into Youtube work since I may upload my shitty fighting game rounds to Youtube since they added that.

(Also they added "Mission Failed" to the time-line in story mode, so if you're missing things for that title, you can now see WHERE they are with a red dot flashing and the mission failed near the title. NICE.)

Top Bottom