• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I will forever be F+ rank since I don't play ranked since I know I'd get my face punched in with no defense.

I just started playing online this week to unlock stuff, and I played against my first S+ guy this morning.

I'm pretty terrible as it is, and he was using Brad so I had no idea what to do. I think I ended up only hitting him twice the entire game. I got DESTROYED.

Brad is a monster. I couldn't counter anything. :(

TheSeks

If Brad is laying on the ground, low kick sweep him. IIRC he can't parry that.

If Brad is laying on the ground, low kick sweep him. IIRC he can't parry that.

I didn't even get a chance. The dude wasted me like a fork at a pie eating contest.

Edit: Playing against the CPU so much has lulled me into a false sense of security that I may actually be good at the game :(

I'm gonna have to read some beginner guides because whatever I'm doing isn't working.

TheSeks

Try all the characters online AND offline and see what suits you.

Are there any male characters that are recommended for a beginner? Since the guys seem so rare online I think I might be better off learning one of them since people won't be so used to encountering them.

Loona

Are there any male characters that are recommended for a beginner? Since the guys seem so rare online I think I might be better off learning one of them since people won't be so used to encountering them.

In my Ranked unlocking spree I've only used Hayabusa among rhe males yet, but he worked out nicely, that long triple jumpkick of his was nice at a range, his back+P+K has its uses in human opponents too and some I came across online kept using his teleport atracks on me in ways I had a hard time countering (though one of Kokoro's launcher punches managed to work out a few times).

RMI

Banned
I will forever be F+ rank since I don't play ranked since I know I'd get my face punched in with no defense.

I thought I would be in the same boat, but it was only cause I was using Mila and I am terrible with her. After switching to Christie I started wrecking and climbing up the rankings a little more. Maybe try mixing it up.

Loona

I thought I would be in the same boat, but it was only cause I was using Mila and I am terrible with her. After switching to Christie I started wrecking and climbing up the rankings a little more. Maybe try mixing it up.

Gotta love the character stats screen for online play, though I wish there was one that put together combined stats from all online modes.
Gives you nice perspective on whom you're doing best with.

Got up to C with Tina, who's the character that got me interested in the original game in the 1st place. Gotta live that moment when you realize you can grab some off the air from a light juggle into a nice throw.
That free cancelling video might be the key to interrupting that triple low kick of hers - if it lets me cancel into a throw attempt, not just different hits, it'd be great to land a crouchibg throw on people who try to hold the final hit.

I'm kinda helpless against Lisas though, tricky to get near, never sure of what can be held and how...

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man I wish they sold costumes individually, I really want Helena's white dress but don't need any male costumes. >_>

In my Ranked unlocking spree I've only used Hayabusa among rhe males yet, but he worked out nicely, that long triple jumpkick of his was nice at a range, his back+P+K has its uses in human opponents too and some I came across online kept using his teleport atracks on me in ways I had a hard time countering (though one of Kokoro's launcher punches managed to work out a few times).

Hm. Sounds like I should give him a try online, thanks.

Man I wish they sold costumes individually, I really want Helena's white dress but don't need any male costumes. >_>

Yeah, same here. There's maybe 3 or 4 costumes I want out of the DLC total, but I won't buy them because I don't want to spend money on costumes I don't like or for characters I'll never use.

Dantis

I can't believe there's almost 100...

Really, it's actually pretty neat.

I was thinking about it yesterday, and I love that DLC is such a big thing now.

I think I might get the rest of the Kasumi costumes I need, minus the swimsuits. Gonna be 'spensive though.

Mesharey

Try Jann Lee he's fun and easy to learn.

I can play if you make gaf lobbies.

Squire

Banned
Really, it's actually pretty neat.

I was thinking about it yesterday, and I love that DLC is such a big thing now.

I think I might get the rest of the Kasumi costumes I need, minus the swimsuits. Gonna be 'spensive though.

I do too. It's caused a lot of controversy, but there are some cool ways to expand on games.

And extra costumes are my favorite type of unlockable too. I'd hoped they'd do this, but I wasn't sure they'd really go for it.

Ermac

I keep running into a Lei Fang who just grabs over and over, does nothin else.

Ermac

I'll join a little later I'm playing Brave Fencer Musashi for a bit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I should probably pick the characters I'm familar with, but I wanna see those new outfits, lol.

Lyte Edge

It just got all laggy during the current match I'm spectating. No way that guy libra is playing is lag spiking...right?

TheSeks

I keep missing these lobbies. :( I keep asking if anyone is online, that's your cue to say "Yeah, I have a lobby open." D:

It just got all laggy during the current match I'm spectating. No way that guy libra is playing is lag spiking...right?
I'm librasox. It got real shitty the first round but went away after that.

Not sure what happened - my connection is flawless. I remain Queen of the Close Match :-(

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were saying that about me lol

Lyte Edge

Yeah, I don't mean you- I'm talking about our friend who keeps owning everybody. He's too good to need to cheat though.

Top Bottom