• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Goddamn Akira is on some soulcrushing shit now. One shoulder to the face = 99 damage. One.

Ryu got some badass buffs too, Ongyoin 8T and standing 8T being OHs now is nice, and the sidestep K puts them in sitdown which = free Shoho-Izuna, if I'm doing the lab work correctly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
64670_10100146834341615_980698102_n.jpg

558294_10100146834755785_868751112_n.jpg

22097_10100146835100095_121195621_n.jpg

Well, Facebook uploading photos seems to work better than the thumbnail XMB export option (though I haven't tried that post-patch yet), gonna test the Facebook upload
to my personal account that will show Tits or Ass 5 to everyone with Lisa's swimsuit, whoops?
of replays before deleting that for obvious reasons. :lol

Edit: Facebook uploading of replays works... but the quality seems worse than the 360p or 280p modes on Youtube. I can't really recommend that option to anyone.

Haven't tested the PS3 online yet, but even the menus seem faster lol

Hopes sky-high for Vita port now.

EDIT: Beach stage not up yet in NA, it seems.

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Encountered another random mid-match disconnect.

Luckily though, unlike before I don't have to restart the system when it mistakenly says that I've signed out of PSN.

So close to perfect...sigh...

DR2K

Banned
The one in the collecters edition of Vita will have a different set of bikini's for sure. Since Ayane's advertised bikini was much prettier.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, talk about lazy on Tina, Christie, and Lisa's swimsuits. Just a recolor of their rares. Guess they got tired of people bitching and went "OH YOU WANT THEM AND DON'T WANT TO PLAY ONLINE!? $5 DOLLAH!"

Also in the Youtube comments someone mentions it is similar to DOA3's beach stage which wasn't Zack Island. I can see how it's kinda "boxy" like DOA3's but with the Zack Island assets.

I miss DOA2U's Zack Island, personally. Since it was mostly in the water fighting.

Skilletor

After playing one ranked match, I unlocked Christie and Tina's outfits. I have 250 ranked games played, so I guess I needed to trigger the new conditions. It didn't do it automatically.

Me and DR2K had a 3 bar connection and it felt really solid. I still had trouble countering when I wanted, but I was blocking lows on reaction for the most part. Really had fun.

I'd say right now 3 bars in DoA felt about the same as 3 bars in SC5. I don't want to say it's OMFG great yet, but I'm leaning in that direction. I'll play some more tonight.

If the netcode is the same on the Vita version, I will be getting tons of games in. Now I hope there's a side tourney for this at EVO. :D

DEATH™;46760953 said:
So, hows the online now?
Before it was a 4/10, and that's being generous. Now it's a solid 7.5-8 I'd say.

Only negative points being infrequent random disconnects and (not Team Ninja's fault) relatively tiny online population, so long wait times even at peak hours.

Wow. This thread has come to life suddenly.
Disappointed that Lisa, Tina and Christie only get re-colored suits but at least they are awesome suits. Its better than the new, boring stuff the other girls got. I really thought Lisa had a shot at getting the Venus. Oh well.
The new beach stage looks amazing. Its so bright, colorful and refreshing. especially compared to the dreary oil refinery and busted-up city stages we originally got.
It reminds me of that beach stage from Tekken 4, which I used to love.

thundr51

Uhm, I don't see any of the dlc. Got the new patch, saw the "new" tag next to the PSN store icon in game, when to the store and nothing new. Closed the game, went to the store and still nothing? what gives? Yes, i'm on PS3.

Skilletor

Uhm, I don't see any of the dlc. Got the new patch, saw the "new" tag next to the PSN store icon in game, when to the store and nothing new. Closed the game, went to the store and still nothing? what gives? Yes, i'm on PS3.

Probably haven't flipped the switch yet. I know the Metal Gear Rising demo isn't up yet, so I don't think the store has updated.

After playing one ranked match, I unlocked Christie and Tina's outfits. I have 250 ranked games played, so I guess I needed to trigger the new conditions. It didn't do it automatically.

Me and DR2K had a 3 bar connection and it felt really solid. I still had trouble countering when I wanted, but I was blocking lows on reaction for the most part. Really had fun.

I'd say right now 3 bars in DoA felt about the same as 3 bars in SC5. I don't want to say it's OMFG great yet, but I'm leaning in that direction. I'll play some more tonight.

If the netcode is the same on the Vita version, I will be getting tons of games in. Now I hope there's a side tourney for this at EVO. :D

wow, retroactive too... peeps gon' be happy about those outfits!

Squire

Banned
Wow. This thread has come to life suddenly.
Disappointed that Lisa, Tina and Christie only get re-colored suits but at least they are awesome suits. Its better than the new, boring stuff the other girls got. I really thought Lisa had a shot at getting the Venus. Oh well.
The new beach stage looks amazing. Its so bright, colorful and refreshing. especially compared to the dreary oil refinery and busted-up city stages we originally got.
It reminds me of that beach stage from Tekken 4, which I used to love.

I hope by "boring" you mean, "swimsuits women might actually wear in real life instead of just some pervo fantasy."

Loona

Logged in today to check for the update, but no dice so far in this corner of Europe - at least I got 2 more story mode challenges done.

Any tips for the Hitomi 10-hit one?

Top Bottom