• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Mesharey

I can't find players in simple match. -.-"

DR2K
Sorry for the lag. :p
I wanted to choose Hitomi for the 2nd match but in your videos you destroyed her, so I chose Ayane again. XD
GG.

Galdelico

I feel like posting up some images.
Is that the best quality provided by the new Facebook upload? Pictures are neat but youch dat compression... If it's all that TN bothered to give us in terms of exporting, I think I'll just forget about it. :D

Also, do you have to connect to a Facabook profile before taking pictures, in order to show the upload option? I have none at the moment and I can't see it: I open my album and all I can do is to display/delete my pictures.

Loona

Is that the best quality provided by the new Facebook upload? Pictures are neat but youch dat compression... If it's all that TN bothered to give us in terms of exporting, I think I'll just forget about it. :D

Also, do you have to connect to a Facabook profile before taking pictures, in order to show the upload option? I have none at the moment and I can't see it: I open my album and all I can do is to display/delete my pictures.

Yep, IIRC you can add your FB info in noe of the Options screens, and enable/disable the connection. Once it's established, you get the ability to upload pictures, and when you get a new titles, it asks if you want that sent to your FB wall.

Galdelico

Yep, IIRC you can add your FB info in noe of the Options screens, and enable/disable the connection. Once it's established, you get the ability to upload pictures, and when you get a new titles, it asks if you want that sent to your FB wall.
Thanks dude.

Sorry, but messages do make me stop playing fighting games. It's why I stopped playing VF5, for instance.

I've seen you mention this a few times. Of all games, you got hatemail for VF5? I've hardly gotten any ever, and most were for SSF4 and BlazBlue. Must have been an off day or something.

Xevren

I've seen you mention this a few times. Of all games, you got hatemail for VF5? I've hardly gotten any ever, and most were for SSF4 and BlazBlue. Must have been an off day or something.

I have too, I don't blame the VF 5 community as much as I do the XBL community though. People are dumb. Though to completely avoid ranked because of messages is silly. Especially now with the unlocks.

Skilletor

I got a lot in SC5 because Natsu creates salt. I got some in UMvC3 on Vita.

I very rarely get hatemail. /shrug

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm a ragemail magnet in ranked. It's why I actively avoid it and just play player matches. All my fighting game achievement lists have their ranked match achievements not achieved with the exception of BB (simply play 100 matches and win like 1) and MvC3 (since Sentinel was SSSSSSSSSSSSSS-tier at 1.00).

I'm a ragemail magnet in ranked. It's why I actively avoid it and just play player matches. All my fighting game achievement lists have their ranked match achievements not achieved with the exception of BB (simply play 100 matches and win like 1) and MvC3 (since Sentinel was SSSSSSSSSSSSSS-tier at 1.00).

so... if you got rage mail in unranked lobbies, would you stop playing online?

i used to get them A LOT in sf4 but i didnt really care. all it told me about the person was that they didnt know how to play or adapt to my play style

edit:

i used dhalsim so you can only imagine what they sent me for turtling/ IAT mixups

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Why does it bother you? Ragemail is hilarious and easy enough to either ignore or have fun messing with. I got a particularly-stupid messages in SFxTK a few days ago after beating someone 3-0. I LOL'd, saved it, sent him a LOL response, blocked him, and moved on.

Skilletor

Why does it bother you? Ragemail is hilarious and easy enough to either ignore or have fun messing with. I got a particularly-stupid messages in SFxTK a few days ago after beating someone 3-0. I LOL'd, saved it, sent him a LOL response, blocked him, and moved on.

I like to send BUT Y U RLY MAD THOUGH?

Or I just respond, "Scrub." To everything they send.

It's hilarious to me. It doesn't matter. I don't see why it should. If stupidity bothers you so, you would never leave the house.

Lyte Edge

Stick is already sold out.

I like to send BUT Y U RLY MAD THOUGH?

Or I just respond, "Scrub." To everything they send.

It's hilarious to me. It doesn't matter. I don't see why it should. If stupidity bothers you so, you would never leave the house.

Yup..."U MAD" or "LOL U MAD" is really all that's needed, haha. I also love getting hate mail from dudes accusing me of running away when all they do is hang back and turtle.

I get tons of love mail, surprised since I like to taunt.

Wait...were you playing under the PSN account "ur_a_f*g" the other day? LOL.

I have too, I don't blame the VF 5 community as much as I do the XBL community though. People are dumb. Though to completely avoid ranked because of messages is silly. Especially now with the unlocks.

I got a lot in SC5 because Natsu creates salt. I got some in UMvC3 on Vita.

I very rarely get hatemail. /shrug

Yeah, I don't play online much on 360. It figures the one time I got ragemail on SF4 was when playing on Live instead of PSN.

c'mon, how can you be that down on hatemail? i know you had to get a ton in the BC2 days, i know i did!

TheSeks

There's a block limit on PSN. Otherwise I'd block nearly everyone that isn't on my friends list from sending me messages. It's annoying as hell to delete a message, exit in-game XMB only for the asshat to CONTINUE to send messages while I'm trying to find another round.

Fuck that, I'll stick to player matches where people don't get "salty" over losses.

@Faceless: Actually, no, mysteriously I don't get hatemail in Battlefield.

so... if you got rage mail in unranked lobbies, would you stop playing online?

Possibly. The asshat to silent player ratio isn't so bad in player matches.

Lyte Edge

There's a block limit on PSN. Otherwise I'd block nearly everyone that isn't on my friends list from sending me messages. It's annoying as hell to delete a message, exit in-game XMB only for the asshat to CONTINUE to send messages while I'm trying to find another round.

You don't have to check the messages until you're done playing...

Fuck that, I'll stick to player matches where people don't get "salty" over losses.

LOLWUT

Dude, I pretty much only play player matches in most fighting games and that's where I get all the hate mail from! The mode doesn't matter!

TheSeks

I've had a more pleasant experience in player matches and that's all that matters to me. Until that changes, I'll stick to offline or player matches. Ranked can go get fucked for all I care.

I've had a more pleasant experience in player matches and that's all that matters to me. Until that changes, I'll stick to offline or player matches. Ranked can go get fucked for all I care.

i will never understand this fg bubble you try to put yourself in LOL

you must not handle real life stress/criticism very well

Lyte Edge

I play fighting games for fun, not to be told I suck if I win/lose. The bad apples of the FGC ruin the genre for me.

Yeah, me too. But hate mail (and mic abuse) happens. I don't let stupid messages from angry idiots ruin my fun- I turn it around on them, in fact.

TheSeks

Alrighty.

Returning the unopened 360 game for the PS3 version tomorrow. Then playing while I wait for the Vita one to come out.

The best thing about it is the games are going to be cross-saved. Don't have to unlock Naked Jell-o Kasumi again.

I love Hayate's 8P+KP. Doesn't net me any follow-ups though. >=(

ibvVdd8fPjIH2k.gif

Man, I still have a ways to go to unlock Alpha. I still need like 48 titles which is crazy considering how much time I spent playing this game. @_@

Celcius

°Temp. member
225 ranked matches down, 75 to go.
Being a long time tekken player, at first I thought the gameplay was only decent but it seems like the more I play the more I like it.
One of my favorite moves is to run at someone full speed and then instead of throwing a punch I'll just do a grab lol.

Man, I still have a ways to go to unlock Alpha. I still need like 48 titles which is crazy considering how much time I spent playing this game. @_@
You can unlock her by playing 300 ranked matches (that's what I'm currently doing). You'll also unlock some cool costumes in the process. (assuming you're on ps3 and not waiting for the x360 patch)

Dantis

Say what you will about the backgrounds, but man, the characters are fucking amazing.

Definitely the best looking characters of the whole generation. Unbelievable.

Celcius

°Temp. member
For the "training hard trophy" to stay in training mode for 1 hr, can you just leave the system on or do you have to actually press buttons?

Loona

For the "training hard trophy" to stay in training mode for 1 hr, can you just leave the system on or do you have to actually press buttons?

I think leaving it on is enough, but if you haven't already, try completing Brad Wong's command training, it's probably the longest - 188 moves IIRC, many of which will require you to get into specific stances, so odds are you can burn an hour doing that.

this.

the characters and the effects on said characters are nothing short of beautiful.
The end poses could pass as CG in certain stages. And "Depth" has some incredible post-processing effects that really elevate that particular stage to another level.

I haven't had a graphical "Wow" moment about a specific environment like that since that shitty Star Wars game a few years back with the dude they stuck in SCIV.

TheSeks

"Ein," was in 4 though. So only 5 is when he cockblocks Hitomi.

Good to see this OT is active, will bookmark and start taking part in discussions here, been far too long since I played a DOA title so will be starting from scratch. Gonna be a while before I dare venture online.

Found a copy of the PS3 Collector's Edition on sale on play.com, used my playpoints up and got it for a decent price. Not going to use the download code myself will see about selling the 12 swinsuits (is there a buy/sell thread on NeoGaf?) to anyone who want it for less than the asking price on PSN.

Edit: To clarify this is the UK version of the game, not sure if DLC is region locked, will make sure before selling to anyone.

Top Bottom