• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nah I'm not touching the controller and it's happening. Not in the current match though. Weird.

Lyte Edge

Started a new lobby with most of the slots set to private. Add lyteedge2 for an invite!

Don't expect to get any ground grabs in with her: they made it so you could tech roll off the ground instantly in this latest patch. One of the community's biggest gripes with DOA4 & Dimensions. Team Ninja don't give a fuck. Why am I playing this terrible game instead of VF5FS?

Don't expect to get any ground grabs in with her: they made it so you could tech roll off the ground instantly in this latest patch. One of the community's biggest gripes with DOA4 & Dimensions. Team Ninja don't give a fuck. Why am I playing this terrible game instead of VF5FS?
*dead*

You'll always have that beautiful face, though.

Squire

Banned

Why are you still in this thread?
Are you gonna plague the inevitable DOA5+ OT with this whining, too? I can see it now.

"Why am I playing this on Vita and not the bajillion other fighters on it instead???"

I'm not sure if she has any other tools though. Someone else could probably chime in.

Why are you still in this thread?
I bought this game yesterday because someone suggested I would like the patch, I started a NeoGAF lobby two hours ago and I'm still playing right now. I'm not enjoying this game and I don't get to enough time to play games at all so I'm literally wondering why I'm wasting that valuable time on DOA5.

Is he not allowed to critcize the game?
I have a notorious love-hate relationship with the series. Even the devs hate me, haha.

He's mentioning a noticeable nerf.
It affects all the grapplers as well unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not enjoying this game and I don't get to enough time to play games at all so I'm literally wondering why I'm wasting that valuable time on DOA5.

So, here's what you do:

-Stop
-Sell the game
-Stop posting, because DOA isn't for you and you know Team Ninja isn't going to do things that you want them to do so it caters to you.

*gasp* problem solved.

DOA isn't for you and you know Team Ninja isn't going to do things that you want them to do so it caters to you.
You know what a better alternative would be? If Team Ninja became competent developers. DOA honestly has so much potential but the guys in charge have no idea what they're doing.

TheSeks

Is he not allowed to critcize the game? He's mentioning a noticeable nerf.

He is, but his shtick of "OMG TEAM NINJA SHOULD DO THIS AND THIS AND THIS SO THE GAME CAN BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!"

*game does nothing like that*

"OMG GAME SUX HATE U TEAM NINJA"

has gotten old.

Yes, we get it: DOA4-5 isn't DOA3.1.2-3 that you want, grape. Stop being a broken record. God.

Stop being a broken record. God.
I wasn't even in here actively complaining lately. I took a large break in fact from this thread and anything DOA in general. Tonight I just made a simple comment stating my distaste, more to myself, and you guys all jump on top of it. What gives?

I wasn't even in here actively complaining lately. I took a large break in fact from this thread and anything DOA in general. Tonight I just made a simple comment stating my distaste, more to myself, and you guys all jump on top of it. What gives?
I didn't jump on top of it. Rather, I want to jump on top of you.

Rawr

Damn youuuu Lyte

Lyte Edge

GGS guys!

Feel like I started getting back some of the stuff I remembered when I played a lot more DOA. I was able to counter Leona's stuff on more consistent basis, but just could not do it when grap3 was using Hayate. Did better when I just stopped trying. One thing that continues to seem "off" to me in this game, even with the improved network connections, are trying to do consistent counters and also holding back to block. For whatever reason it feels like back doesn't work half the time. I have to force myself to use the block button instead.

GGS guys!

Feel like I started getting back some of the stuff I remembered when I played a lot more DOA. I was able to counter Leona's stuff on more consistent basis, but just could not do it when grap3 was using Hayate. Did better when I just stopped trying. One thing that continues to seem "off" to me in this game, even with the improved network connections, are trying to consistent counters and also holding back to block. For whatever reason it feels like back doesn't work half the time. I have to force myself to use the block button instead.
Same here. I think I'll just block from now on since counters are so unreliable.

Hope to see you again sometime!

Lyte Edge

Same here. I think I'll just block from now on since counters are so unreliable.

Hope to see you again sometime!

I plan on playing the game a lot more due to DOA5+ coming...SFxTK's cross-play has kept me glued to the game on Vita and I expect that the same will happen with DOA.

That said, even with the update I still feel noticeable lag compared to playing the game on 360.

I plan on playing the game a lot more due to DOA5+ coming...SFxTK's cross-play has kept me glued to the game on Vita and I expect that the same will happen with DOA.

That said, even with the update I still feel noticeable lag compared to playing the game on 360.
Hmm, wish I had a 360 to try it on. Hoping the Vita port is buttery smooth since they have extra time to polish it and aren't starting with the broken foundation the console versions had.

Now that I'm done with P4G, all I can do is wait till March 19...

Skilletor

For what it's worth, I agree with Grap3. DoA5 is a pretty bad fighting game. It's fun to fuck around with, though.

Is there going to be a separate OT for DoA5+?

I fight Alpha a lot and usually win because people who play her spam the cartwheel kicks and (overly telegraphed and easily counter-able) charge attack.

I didn't know how to deal with any of her attacks because I've never seen them before. She seems way too fast. The player using her didn't seem very good, but I still lost because I don't know how to counter anything in this game. Story of my life :(

Skilletor

Wow, I just saw Alpha for the first time. Why is she allowed in ranked matches?

I randomly faced Lyte Edge too

I've only seen her once and that was in tourney. She looked pretty dumb.

I'm really digging Hayate, but when I run into somebody who knows what they're doing, I get super shut down. I fought Sorwah FSD yesterday. He totally dominated me, lol.

I love the new buffs they gave him.

Random note: I wish they'd patch the movelist to include the new stuff added in the patch. I forgot the command for Raijin and wasn't near any electronic device and couldn't look it up. :/

Random note: I wish they'd patch the movelist to include the new stuff added in the patch. I forgot the command for Raijin and wasn't near any electronic device and couldn't look it up. :/
The Raijin's in his movelist, just not his command training. I'm trying to get him down in this version. I liked him in 3.1, hated him in 4 but I'm not quite sure what to make of him here. It's weird. I like his wind-y moves but I'm not sure how to use them effectively or what else he has that's good. It also seems like they slowed down a lot of his moves for some reason like 9PP. I got wrecked by someone that knew what they were doing on multiple occasions last night during our sessions. Speaking of which, I know they're just casual games but does anyone want me to put those up on YouTube? The entire evening?

Skilletor

The Raijin's in his movelist, just not his command training. I'm trying to get him down in this version. I liked him in 3.1, hated him in 4 but I'm not quite sure what to make of him here. It's weird. I like his wind-y moves but I'm not sure how to use them effectively or what else he has that's good. It also seems like they slowed down a lot of his moves for some reason like 9PP. I got wrecked by someone that knew what they were doing on multiple occasions last night during our sessions. Speaking of which, I know they're just casual games but does anyone want me to put those up on YouTube? The entire evening?

Ah, sweet.

TheSeks

So I want to have a go with this photo-exporting feature. Am I right in thinking that it's to Facebook only?

For PS3? Yes. For 360 there's an exporting option, but the XMB exporting option for PS3 SUUUUUUCKS. So Facebook only if you want decent sized photos.

Loona

Super Turbo caught up with DoA5 again in the EVO donations... they already had their years in the limelight dammit...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the story and currently at about 152 titles. Halfways towards unlocking Alpha 152 :(
I'm enjoying the game, but it seems like the one fighting game that I'm not that great at. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it...

TheSeks

Just do ranked. Even if you lose so long as you do 250 matches, it's FARRRRR easier to go that route for Alpha and the swimsuits than Legendary and titles/offline requirements.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just do ranked. Even if you lose so long as you do 250 matches, it's FARRRRR easier to go that route for Alpha and the swimsuits than Legendary and titles/offline requirements.

Instead of getting the titles, I can just play (not win) 250 ranked matches to unlock her?
Can anyone confirm this?

TheSeks

Yes. With the 1.03-(1.04 on X-box?) patch on PS3 (coming TBA after they fix the glitch that was introduced in the 1.03 patch), they introduced a new system for unlocking Christie/Tina/Lisa's Legendary bikini's that were a PITA to get offline (Legendary Survival/100 wins good luck! or Legendary Arcade where it had a 1% drop), and unlocking Alpha/Akira/Sarah/Pai through online ranked-matches as opposed to their offline requirements (350 titles, story mode, story mode, 150 titles, IIRC).

Again: FARRRRRR easier to just play ranked matches (and not worry about win/loss) to get the matches played requirements over the offline requirements. Thank the fans for bitching about the offline requirements being too tough/impossible.

anyone confirm this

Uh... It's in the patch notes, duder

The fucking patch notes said:
When costume unlock requirements are met, usually the lowest numbered (locked) costume will be unlocked.

[Costume] Each character costume (except Gen Fu, Akira, Sarah and Pai) – Fight a ranked match to unlock a costume of the character used. 1 costume is unlocked for every 10 matches fought.
[Costume] Tina’s Legend costume (swimsuit)- Fight 50 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Costume] Christie’s Legend costume (swimsuit) – Fight 100 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Costume] La Mariposa’s Legend costume (swimsuit) – Fight 200 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Character] Akira – Fight 25 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Character] Sarah – Fight 75 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Character] Gen Fu – Fight 125 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Character] Pai – Fight 150 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
[Character] Alpha-152 – Fight 300 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Awesome, thanks!
Now if it only didn't take so long to find a match...

edit: I'm on ps3; changing the region to worldwide fixed my issue :)

TheSeks

Just go into offline versus or training and set throwdown challenges to ranked (NOT SIMPLE) when the patch hits on 360 (or if you're on PS3 right now) and wait for it to send challenges your way if that's the case.

Loona

So I just wasted the last several hours of my life playing through the terrible story mode for nothing? Damn it...

What's wrong about its unlocks, titles and occasionally amusing scenes?...

The whole Kasumi and Rig stories have problems, but the game's doing more interesting thing with it than most in the genre.

Squire

Banned
Setting the bar really high there, huh?

But actually, no. MK9 and definitely P4A blow it out of the water. DOA5's "story" is a joke.

Skilletor

So I just wasted the last several hours of my life playing through the terrible story mode for nothing? Damn it...

Yeah. I'm SO glad they changed the requirements.

I'll grind stuff out on the 360 version. The only way this could be better is to play ANY online match. That way I could unlock stuff in some gaf lobbies.

Top Bottom