• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

SykoTech

Excellent OP for an excellent looking game. Good job, Pupi18.

Glad to see that the superior name won out in the end too. Heh.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Guys if you have more info of differences PM to add to my post.

I am interested in the changes to the game from 4 to 5 as well. Trying to find it somewhere on the net.
Added to OP and will update as soon as I get or remember more of the info. Anyone that knows more changes is welcome to add up.

Looking at the game more, and reading here and I'm definitely aboard the hype train! Going to see if a buddy of mine will pick it up too so I can just day 1 it and not worry about net code.

Oddly enough liking Kokoro the most for some reason. I never gravitate towards female characters in any games, but her fight style is pretty cool. Otherwise Brad's drunkness is awesome. :p

If you haven't read this it might help you get you liking Kokoro more. Kokoro IGN Breakdown

She has nice tools to work with.

branny

Oddly enough liking Kokoro the most for some reason. I never gravitate towards female characters in any games, but her fight style is pretty cool. Otherwise Brad's drunkness is awesome. :p
One of the more notable aspects of DoA is how user-friendly it is for jumping into characters you have no clue how to play. Many strings and attack inputs are somewhat universal compared to other fighting games. You won't need to stress out too much over relearning character-specific stuff (like stances) in case you change your mind after getting a feel for things.

Vazra

One of the more notable aspects of DoA is how user-friendly it is for jumping into characters you have no clue how to play. Many strings and attack inputs are somewhat universal compared to other fighting games. You won't need to stress out too much over relearning character-specific stuff (like stances) in case you change your mind after getting a feel for things.

(might want to lower down the volume before checking vids)
Kokoro DOA4 exercise
Kasumi DOA4 exercise

While this is a DOA 4 video he can see here some of the similarities with the inputs. Hopefully it helps.

zlatko

Banned
Tempted to swap my avatar to a DOA related one, but the ones in the OP are a bit basic. Anyone have links to art work from the game so that I might find something that lets me display my hype? :)

Dantis

Tempted to swap my avatar to a DOA related one, but the ones in the OP are a bit basic. Anyone have links to art work from the game so that I might find something that lets me display my hype? :)

Artwork? As in, illustrations?

They don't exist. Seriously.

Vazra

May old artwork do?

kokoro-dim2.png

EDIT: If you want it :p
i8z8rXcur494t.png

Loona

You can see the moment with the possible outfit for Mila I mentioned earlier in the latest Fighter Chronicles video here - might be up your alley since its drawn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfegVJe2ewQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=125s (also a bit later at 4:22 and 4:44for other outfits)
Should be a matter of screenshotting so you get a favorite, if it's something you like.

Finally swapped my Bayonetta avatar out for a Tina one. Had to do it... hype for DOA5 has reached critical levels.

Super jealous that peeps are getting the game already but I'll gladly wait for my CE copy. Now if I can get my CE copy early...

As for the tournament, it could just be a quick one on the 29th, a Saturday at 9:30pm EST(or which ever is good for you guys). It'll be on the PS3 since I'm getting it on the PS3. Winner will get a $10 PSN code or a $10 Amazon gift card from me. I can probably stream it as well.

Dantis

Gotta say, I'm rather excited to hear the theme song. Love me some Lotus Juice, and it's always a good thing when games get original vocal tracks written for them.

Forever

Banned
I can't believe I just preordered an $80 CE I can't really afford.

Better be the best damn swimsuits of all time.

There's no difference between PS3 and 360 right?

Vazra

As for the tournament, it could just be a quick one on the 29th, a Saturday at 9:30pm EST(or which ever is good for you guys). It'll be on the PS3 since I'm getting it on the PS3. Winner will get a $10 PSN code or a $10 Amazon gift card from me. I can probably stream it as well.

Event: DOA5 GAF Tournament by: Memento_Mori15
Start Date: Saturday 29th at 9:30pm
Time zone: EST
Stream URL: (Add if available)
Prize: First Place gets $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card

Does that seems fine with you sir? May I add to event section?

Nothing has been said so far on differences between 360 and Ps3 besides Ps3 being the lead platform (Both have install options) and OT its working its magic.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151030361976785.420680.109196331784&type=3 Check the swimsuits here.

Sora_N

I can't believe I'm buying a CE for outfits I'll never use.

I feel the same way. It' some kind of OCD thing of wanting all costumes. I always find the bikinis to look way to silly during a fight to actually select them.

Same here, I dunno. ARE they gonna be purchasable though? I mainly bought it for the artbook & costumes tbh.

Skilletor

I feel the same way. It' some kind of OCD thing of wanting all costumes. I always find the bikinis to look way to silly during a fight to actually select them.

Same, especially for DOA. I always unlock all outfits. I'll be buying any DLC they release just because of my love for the franchise.

Event: DOA5 GAF Tournament by: Memento_Mori15
Start Date: Saturday 29th at 9:30pm
Time zone: EST
Stream URL: (Add if available)
Prize: First Place gets $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card

Does that seems fine with you sir? May I add to event section?
Time may change if people think it's inconvenient. Other than that, it's all good and sure. Hopefully we can get at least of 6 or 8 people to join.

Vazra

Time may change if people think it's inconvenient. Other than that, it's all good and sure. Hopefully we can get at least of 6 or 8 people to join.

Ok won't post anything on OP until things are settled. Let me know if all spots are taken to let em know the entry its closed.

Dantis

I bought it for everything it comes with except the poster.

I'll never use the swimsuit outfits though. They look so silly.

It'll probably bother me that I don't have any of the stupid bunny outfits though. Can't get those with the CE in the UK.

Esque7

So hyped for this, looks like its going to be my favorite fighter. Although I'm a bit disappointed Shiden was not included in the roster. He was in DOAD, and they really could have expanded his moveset in this game.

Edit: I just noticed Leon is missing too. WHY TEAM NINJA.

DR2K

Banned
So hyped for this, looks like its going to be my favorite fighter. Although I'm a bit disappointed Shiden was not included in the roster. He was in DOAD, and they really could have expanded his moveset in this game.

Shiden used Hayate's moveset. Who is in.

Dantis

Because apparently you like the wrong characters. :p

I mean, Shiden? There was no way they'd expand him to a full character. I don't even know if he's meant to be alive at this point in the story.

Adding the sign up sheet on OP
Should I cap it at 16?

When the 16 players are in I'll remove the link to the doc and write closed. Does that work for you?

(Obviously you can update with post and bump up the info besides the OP promotion)

Next events just in case PM details since I might not be always around and might miss the post.
Yeah, I think 16 is enough considering we only have 21 people on the PSN list. If somehow there's more than 16 people who want to participate, 20 will be the definite max.

Yup, definitely does.

Edit: If you're interested in joining, please pm me and I'll add you to the list.

Esque7

Because apparently you like the wrong characters. :p

I mean, Shiden? There was no way they'd expand him to a full character. I don't even know if he's meant to be alive at this point in the story.
With the amount of ninjas in the game, I'm sure they could have given him an original moveset. I vaguely remember him having some differences to Hayate though in DOAD. Leon also could have been changed slightly as well.

And how similar is Ein's moveset to Hitomi's? Because I always did like using Ein as well.

Skilletor

With the amount of ninjas in the game, I'm sure they could have given him an original moveset. I vaguely remember him having some differences to Hayate though in DOAD. Leon also could have been changed slightly as well.

And how similar is Ein's moveset to Hitomi's? Because I always did like using Ein as well.

He had a few moves from DoA3's Hayate, but he was almost exactly the same.

dreamfall

Has it been confirmed how many costumes there are for each character? I really wish it was like DOA2U, but that's me hoping. Unlocking that Booster pack for DOA3 still brings back fond memories.

Hell, I'd pay for DLC costumes. All of them at that. And if anyone wants to trade the Amazon preorder for a Gamestop one (PS3) let me know. CE, please come quickly!

Vazra

Has it been confirmed how many costumes there are for each character? I really wish it was like DOA2U, but that's me hoping. Unlocking that Booster pack for DOA3 still brings back fond memories.

Hell, I'd pay for DLC costumes. All of them at that. And if anyone wants to trade the Amazon preorder for a Gamestop one (PS3) let me know. CE, please come quickly!

From the Alpha leak apparently most people had 6 outfits each (Not completely representative of the final product but it gives an idea)

DLC is something they will follow if there is demand for it.

DR2K

Banned

Average around 6ish, some less, some more.

DLC is something they will follow if there is demand for it.

Like all DLC it's probably already planned.

dreamfall

Thanks for the heads up! Alright, back to Hitomi training (with her old face) to assuage the pain of waiting. Six costumes sounds legit, I'm assuming Kasumi and Ayane will have the most to unlock...

Vazra

Average around 6ish, some less, some more.

Like all DLC it's probably already planned.

I know they probably are doing that but I'm using what they have mentioned before lol.

Thanks for the heads up! Alright, back to Hitomi training (with her old face) to assuage the pain of waiting. Six costumes sounds legit, I'm assuming Kasumi and Ayane will have the most to unlock...

Like every DOA. XD

Top Bottom