• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Sora_N

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to grab sound food now. I really hope they patch this game soon, I haven't crashed in any of my games before as much as this one. Was fun playing for a bit though. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God, I suck so much. Doing Hitomi's P6PP+KK is impossible for me since I either mash P6PP+KP(PPPPPPPPPPPPP) or do it too slow. :/

"Stop mashing." That's easy to say, but hard to do and even harder when stopping mashing totally breaks the flow to where you're doing P 6P P+K (PPPPPPPPP "DAMN IT" finally landing K's) totally separate and not in a flow.

Ugh.

xion4360

Small GAF tournament over. Almost fumbled messing around with Kasumi in the final, and then with kokoro lag was a bit frustrating, but still got through it and had a fun time with you guys. ^_^

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That was an awesome tournament! I was the guy always picking Mila doing the taunts and who pulled the random GREAT match out of his ass.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Small GAF tournament over. Almost fumbled messing around with Kasumi in the final, and then with kokoro lag was a bit frustrating, but still got through it and had a fun time with you guys. ^_^

I'll get you next time :p
I was the guy who used mostly Kokoro and Christie in the end. (TalesofDarkness)

Vazra

Great matches guys! 3 people couldn't make it last minute so the numbers did dwindle. Hopefully next time, we'll have more than 5.

Nice and better now that we know how to work it out for the next time. I had tons of fun and thanks for the tourney Memento_Mori15 :)

Mesharey

God, I suck so much. Doing Hitomi's P6PP+KK is impossible for me since I either mash P6PP+KP(PPPPPPPPPPPPP) or do it too slow. :/

"Stop mashing." That's easy to say, but hard to do and even harder when stopping mashing totally breaks the flow to where you're doing P 6P P+K (PPPPPPPPP "DAMN IT" finally landing K's) totally separate and not in a flow.

Ugh.
I took a long time just to do Hitomi's PP6PK whenever I can. It was worth it. :p

I would love to play with you guys but most likely I will cause lag because I live in a far area. :(

Vazra

I took a long time just to do Hitomi's PP6PK whenever I can. It was worth it. :p

I would love to play with you guys but most likely I will cause lag because I live in a far area. :(

Its alright we had lag in some moments and still had fun. I'm from Puerto Rico and I had slight moments of lag and I'm kinda far from most people playing I guess.

Anytime! We'll have another one in October. ;)

Awesome!
Remember to hit me up with a PM as soon as you got all set :)

Sora_N

so*

Sorry guys, I'm really tired. I worked 8-4:30 yesterday, then 5:30-10:30 yesterday and 9:45-2PM today. Was hard to concentrate, after I won that match against someone...forgot who, I lost the second match lol.

Do Random 360 movements it works.

EDIT: Senko Izuna dammit.
Do you mean just flick the stick around in any direction? I think I might be pressing the hold button too soon, but when I see the second part trigger, I just start mashing like crazy.

Edit: Now I can't even get the second part to trigger reliably. My fingers are worn out. :/

Vazra

Do you mean just flick the stick around in any direction? I think I might be pressing the hold button too soon, but when I see the second part trigger, I just start mashing like crazy.

Edit: Now I can't even get the second part to trigger reliably. My fingers are worn out. :/

Do it randomly. I did that with the grapple and it worked maybe it can work on that one too. I havent tried it yet personally. Try it later if you are tired sir.

Mesharey

Last 7 characters and I finish training for all of them. VF characters, Helena, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Brad Wong. They will be annoying because they have hard inputs and stances. :/

Esura

Banned
I just came in here to say this...

Ayane is such a brat. She is a brat in the most adorable way possible. That taunt she does where she flips her hair and snubs her opponent... <3

That is all.

Agreed.

I can't help it that I like using the kunoichi sisters. Hitomi and Tina is probably the only non ninja girl character I'm willing to learn.

Oh yeah, story question. Why is
Hayate treating Kasumi like an outsider? Sure she disobeyed clan laws but she did it to save him. As the head of the clan couldn't he change the rules to let Kasumi come back or at least stop people from hunting her? She left her clan for his sake after all. Stop being a dick Hayate. And do he even know that Ayane is his sister? Cause he never refers to her as such like Kasumi.

Diebuster

Has anyone else had trouble connecting online? I tried to get on for the first time, but all I got was "Unable to find player" or "Unable to connect" whenever I picked a lobby, or tried any other mode.

Has anyone else had trouble connecting online? I tried to get on for the first time, but all I got was "Unable to find player" or "Unable to connect" whenever I picked a lobby, or tried any other mode.
Have you tried port forwarding? That worked for me. You might want it to be NAT2

Sayah

Sooooooo, I haven't played a DoA game for over a decade. A few questions for DoA5:

1. How is the competitive play? How is the pressure/stress in the game? How does the game reward time spent and skills learned? What skills are there to learn?

2. Has the online play improved? Any talks of future patches to deal with the inability to reject ranked matches or to see player connection strengths?

3. Is the game balanced well (with characters, gameplay, etc)?

Check your internet connection settings through your game console. If you have NAT type 3 connection and UPNP unavailable, then that's probably the cause.

DR2K

Banned
1. How is the competitive play? How is the pressure/stress in the game? How does the game reward time spent and skills learned? What skills are there to learn?

Some characters excel at guessing, others at frame traps and pressure. Learning your safe strings, natural combos, critical bursts, stuns, delayed strings, guaranteed throw oppertunities, various types of holds, attack heights, etc. . . there's a lot to learn, but if you're well versed in 3D fighters a lot of basics come naturally. (spacing, whiff punishemnt, evasion, highs and lows, etc. . . )

2. Has the online play improved? Any talks of future patches to deal with the inability to reject ranked matches or to see player connection strengths?

It's a mixed bag, it's shit when it's shitty and good when it's good.

3. Is the game balanced well (with characters, gameplay, etc)?

Every character has their own BS, some better than others. Characters wise it'll take time to determine viabality, but system wise there's a lot of new things to learn and evaluate.

Sayah

Some characters excel at guessing, others at frame traps and pressure. Learning your safe strings, natural combos, critical bursts, stuns, delayed strings, guaranteed throw oppertunities, various types of holds, attack heights, etc. . . there's a lot to learn, but if you're well versed in 3D fighters a lot of basics come naturally. (spacing, whiff punishemnt, evasion, highs and lows, etc. . . )

Niiiiice. That's what I'm looking for.
And thanks.

Mesharey

any guarenteed combos for Rig and Jann Lee?

It's annoying how I constantly get countered when trying to do a combo.
Jann Lee is not one of my mains, but try dragon gunner it has guaranteed attack/s, maybe a launcher ?
I'm trying to learn Rig, you can get his CB easily.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Man, this game has frozen on me more than any other this gen. Froze twice on me in the last thirty minutes when I went to change characters online. Game has froze around five times on me just this week. Loving it when it works perfectly though. Also, the voice thing really needs to be patched >=(

Man, this game has frozen on me more than any other this gen. Froze twice on me in the last thirty minutes when I went to change characters online. Game has froze around five times on me just this week. Loving it when it works perfectly though. Also, the voice thing really needs to be patched >=(
Yup, it keeps freezing on me too. It froze on us when we were trying to get things worked out in the beginning.

I definitely would be up for a training session. Our mission: defeat Xion. Tales has good chance at that.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Are all DOA tournament streamchats like this, or is it just FGC guys having a look and shitting on Mystik? Embarrassing. I'm out of here.

Didn't see the comments, but I'm betting the comments largely stemmed from old grudges over how she was introduced to the community in DOA4. She was basically tossed into a televised tournament and given a sponsorship due to demographics rather than minor things like say, familiarity with the game.

Her dad tried on a few occasions to shout down the internet which went over well to boot.

To her credit, she took the time and effort to actually learn how to play the game well.

Dantis

Oh yeah, story question. Why is
Hayate treating Kasumi like an outsider? Sure she disobeyed clan laws but she did it to save him. As the head of the clan couldn't he change the rules to let Kasumi come back or at least stop people from hunting her? She left her clan for his sake after all. Stop being a dick Hayate. And do he even know that Ayane is his sister? Cause he never refers to her as such like Kasumi.
Get to the end and it all gets wrapped up.

Top Bottom