• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

G-Fex

YAY I GOT IT.

I love it.

I got beaten badly live on stream too.

I really really would like to get better with Mira, I love boxers.

So far just using her and my safety, Kasumi.

akaoni

Banned
Kasumi or Ayane 5, that's what they should've called this game! In all seriousness I'm hoping it will improve eventually. I'm guessing the ninja characters have always been the go-to characters when starting to play the game? I still have yet to see people play around 60-70% of the cast, but of course I can't force people to play characters they don't want to, don't misunderstand, I play the same character all the time too.

I've only just discovered comeback mechanic in the game. Has this been there in previous DoA games? I swore against these types of things in fighting games, and I'd be interested how much an effect some of the better players find it has at a higher level of play. My other concern is whether you can mix it into a combo, that would just kill the game for me. On the other hand they did get some things right with it, that being it can only be used once per round, it's solely a low hp mechanic, and the input isn't completely stupid. I haven't felt it has ruined play between noobs like myself (as of yet at least) - I'm looking at you SCV.

Mr_eX

I just came in here to say this...

Ayane is such a brat. She is a brat in the most adorable way possible. That taunt she does where she flips her hair and snubs her opponent... <3

That is all.

ZpGZE.gif

Dantis

I want the DLC to be a little more adventurous/wacky than that.

Well, I'm hoping there's more than just those four. They're cool, but I don't really use any of those characters,

On a completely different note, I love this game. Having amazing fun with it. I forgot how tense I get when I'm playing online. Completely different from playing friends in offline versus. It's allllll about the winning.

dreamfall

New costumes look awesome! Definitely getting them.

Finally unlocked Tina's Legendary swimsuit. Tina's 4P+K for that Moonsault followed by 8T for that ground grab worked wonders. It still was difficult to not lose, the 3rd competitor on the runs always seemed the most difficult.

Time to attempt to get Christie's. Lisa's shall be an utter nightmare.

I just came in here to say this...

Ayane is such a brat. She is a brat in the most adorable way possible. That taunt she does where she flips her hair and snubs her opponent... <3

That is all.
My favorite taunt of hers. My wife hates when I do it, too.

Why does it cause that though?

I would imagine the sudden network connection does it. It happens in a lot of online games (at least on consoles) when a person joins a lobby while a match is going.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, we got the PS3 version in hopes that it doesn't lag like my Xbox does. Really suspect the beta dashboard of something.

KSai

Kasumi or Ayane 5, that's what they should've called this game! In all seriousness I'm hoping it will improve eventually.

When you get to D+ and C- rank you'll find players willing to play Random. Random matches are super fun. I'm sure new players will stick to the ninja girls since they're fan favorites.

TxdoHawk

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't just a preview, I'm expecting teletubby Zack for the sake of tradition - I'd prefer his DoA1 look though.

Need white suit Zack from DOAU. Will pay all the spacebucks.

How on Earth do I face away from the opponent with Rig?

If it's anything like the other characters I've gone through in command training, there are probably one or two strikes that end with him turned around. You'll have to execute one of those first.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's both versions.

In fact, most of the people in this thread mentioning it are on PS3.
We'll see. I simply suspect it because my Xbox has been dropping me out of Live, and being generally incredibly slow for a month. Heck, I've been downloading Alan Wake from the market for an hour and it's at 16%.

Squire

Banned
We'll see. I simply suspect it because my Xbox has been dropping me out of Live, and being generally incredibly slow for a month. Heck, I've been downloading Alan Wake from the market for an hour and it's at 16%.

I see. The problem does on 360 as well though. That's the version I have and I've run into it now and again.

Both versions seem like they're extremely close to parity based on the impressions in the thread thus far. I think the purchase comes down to preference. Like I bought it on 360 specifically because I like custom soundtracks behind my fighters and I prefer that controller in general. Would've got the PS3 version if you could export photos and there was a notable tech gap to speak of.

hao chi

Kasumi or Ayane 5, that's what they should've called this game! In all seriousness I'm hoping it will improve eventually. I'm guessing the ninja characters have always been the go-to characters when starting to play the game? I still have yet to see people play around 60-70% of the cast, but of course I can't force people to play characters they don't want to, don't misunderstand, I play the same character all the time too.

I've been trying to decide on either Hitomi or Kasumi as a main, and I had a feeling this would be the case. :(

I guess I'll main Hitomi then, since I don't like using the same character as everybody else.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've been trying to decide on either Hitomi or Kasumi as a main, and I had a feeling this would be the case. :(

I guess I'll main Hitomi then, since I don't like using the same character as everybody else.

You should focus on who you play the best and not on the popularity contest.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

I've been going back and forth on Helena and Tina for days. Then Elliot got added into the mix. It's impossible.

hao chi

You should focus on who you play the best and not on the popularity contest.

I'm pretty sure my Kasumi and Hitomi are about just as good (aka: scrubby as hell), and I enjoy using them about the same. I was just looking for something to help me choose which one to focus on more.

I'll still use Kasumi as an alt and second character for tag matches. I'll probably do more tag matches than anything anyway, so Kasumi will get plenty of use.

I've been going back and forth on Helena and Tina for days. Then Elliot got added into the mix. It's impossible.

Tell me about it. I also like using Ryu, Rig, Ayane, and Leifang. Most of the characters in this game are really fun and it makes choosing a main difficult as hell.

This is kind of the opposite of Persona 4 Arena for me, where I liked about 4-5 characters quite a bit, but none of them felt quite right.

akaoni

Banned
When you get to D+ and C- rank you'll find players willing to play Random. Random matches are super fun. I'm sure new players will stick to the ninja girls since they're fan favorites.

Thanks for the tip. I'm stuck in E- or something right now. Do you continue to go up in rank even if you lose? I'm bad and lose about 75% of my fights, and I'd rather not be stuck where I am.

whats with Ayane being broken or something?

I've been watching the stream, should've noted it down. They keep saying 66KK followed by something, and whatever she does after the 66KK it can be cancelled out of and results in positive frames? Fighting game lingo, someone explain for us.

I was going to pick Hitomi too because I like her fighting style. Surprised I've seen so few people playing her. I think people tend to gravitate towards the characters that throw out strings of attacks fastest. You have my permission.

What's the distinction? They would do both, the devices won't differentiate between what's plugged into them, they just look at the video feed. XSplit is a bit overkill if you're only planning on recording, there's free alternatives like Dxtory.
I tried out dxtory and it works pretty well. I'll continue searching, but this will be a great archiving tool for fighters on the PC.

Thanks a bunch

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You know, I learned Lisa's fighting name is "the butterfly" but her Lucha Libre outfits don't really have a butterfly thing going on, IMO. Kinda disappointing. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just found out there isn't an achievement for 20 wins in a row online. I thought for sure there would be.

No, thankfully Based Ninja is smart like Sega and doesn't punish people for wanting to play casually.

Edit: Whoops, double post but I don't curr.

Top Bottom