• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

I wanted her over Pai.

Again though, DOA vs. VF should totally be their next fighter.

Yes. I want a DOAxVF so much. I'm hoping this leads to it happening. Rig already feels like AM2 designed him in how he moves, it really makes me wonder if they're actually planning something like this for the future. But only so long as they have a VF mode and a DOA mode like FMM has.

Squire

Banned
I love how active this thread is. It's nice to see fellow DOA fans.

This is the tightest feeling DOA in my opinion. The fighting is just crisp, clean, and good looking. Buttery smooth kung fu. No other fighting game has ever felt so good to play, and for me, DOA5 keeps that tradition.

^I like seeing someone be so positive. Welcome! ^_^

Aoi and Eilleen would've both been better than Akira and Pai.

apparently DLC is up in Japanese store.

You can't apply japanese DLC to US game, right?

Nope, you'll need to wait until your regions store updates tomorrow. 360 people should be able to get the pack from the Marketplace in the morning.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nice costumes. Really cool that they're free too. Love Christie's DOA 4 outfit and that Kokoro one.

DR2K

Banned

I hope you can remove sarah's white top. Looks good.

Pai's outfit is super nice, her best one from VF.

Christie's DOA4 outfit returns, nice.

Helena's sucks, always hated it, lol.

Tina and Mila, 80s esque doa1 outfits are nice.

Zack's alien outfit rocks.

Bayman and his Beret return.

Genfu and Akira are very nice.

I want moar DLC! Nice to see them working on the netcode.

Bayman and Christie looking good.

Can someone who has unlocked Alpha do me a favour?
I heard (on Gamefaqs. lol) that Alpha has a move (4k, 3k) that easily lets her beat the AI. Someone claims to have beaten survival mode with it.
I just wanna know if Legendary difficulty AI easily fall for it
This will tell me if I should focus on unlocking her for this purpose, or keep focusing my efforts on Hayabusa spam for Lisas unbelievably amazing swimsuit.
My best effort is 49 wins on Champ difficulty. Im still working on it :/

A.E Suggs

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
After putting some time in, I'm liking it a lot and I actually love the stages. I'm having a different reaction to them than some folks. They are muted in color palette compared to past games. And it's true that hardware limits are showing; their texturing is not consistent with some pretty bad textures on the ground in a few big stages.

But they're fascinating places. Really detailed, very interactive to characters hitting walls, the floor, and the transitions are great. The "Home" stage is amazing for me - busting through wall after wall, floor after floor, ripping up small rooms with furniture and pottery flying everywhere.

Overall I really like the altered mood and style for the game. It is a reboot I think, but a good one.

One thing thought - after I brought up the "fight AI" for registered fighters, I can't figure out how to do it now that I've registered several people. The menu itself says "send throwdown challenges to registered fighters or fight their AIs". But in the fighter list pushing A just tries to send a challenge, which then fails by saying the fighter is unavailable. No option I can see to fight a ghost or AI.

Ayane2-1.jpg

I want this outfit. I NEED this outfit. It's pretty much the only one I choose for her in DOA++, DOA2 and DOAD.

branny

I want the schoolgirl outfits again, too. Honestly, I just want every DOA to have the costumes that were in every previous DOA so nothing feels left out. :lol

On a side note, I was really happy when Leifang's panda outfit was brought back for DOA:D.

It's also nice to see Zack's alien outfit back because it was seriously missing. I was half expecting his circus afro to light up instead.

edit: That Kokoro one was my fave of hers in DOA:D. <3

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want the schoolgirl outfits again, too. Honestly, I just want every DOA to have the costumes that were in every previous DOA so nothing feels left out. :lol

On a side note, I was really happy when Leifang's panda outfit was brought back for DOA:D.

It's also nice to see Zack's alien outfit back because it was seriously missing. I was half expecting his circus afro to light up instead.

I want Leifang's Panda outfit for DOA5
I wouldnt mind theme based DLC Medieval, Futuristic etc.
Hitomi needs her DOA3 outfit.
Kokoro needs her Black Shirt and Jean Skirt.
Hayabusa maskless
Christie DOA4 C4

EDIT: The one who wanted Kokoro's Bunny Avatar can take it now since I'm using an avatar of myself :p

Mesharey

I NEED this costume for Ayane, I use it all the time in DOA4 and DOA:D.
I can't use my Ayane very well without it. T_T

248px-AyaneDOA4C4.jpg

I wouldn't mind this one too:

AyaneDOAUC6.jpg

After that DOA5 will be perfect !

Skilletor

After putting some time in, I'm liking it a lot and I actually love the stages. I'm having a different reaction to them than some folks. They are muted in color palette compared to past games. And it's true that hardware limits are showing; their texturing is not consistent with some pretty bad textures on the ground in a few big stages.

But they're fascinating places. Really detailed, very interactive to characters hitting walls, the floor, and the transitions are great. The "Home" stage is amazing for me - busting through wall after wall, floor after floor, ripping up small rooms with furniture and pottery flying everywhere.

Overall I really like the altered mood and style for the game. It is a reboot I think, but a good one.

One thing thought - after I brought up the "fight AI" for registered fighters, I can't figure out how to do it now that I've registered several people. The menu itself says "send throwdown challenges to registered fighters or fight their AIs". But in the fighter list pushing A just tries to send a challenge, which then fails by saying the fighter is unavailable. No option I can see to fight a ghost or AI.

I agree. While these stages aren't my favorite in the series aesthetically, they are my favorite to fight in.

This game is really good. I might write a review for it. I feel I've put in enough time to have an accurate opinion.

A.E Suggs

I want the school costumes back as well. Well I want kokoro's and hitomi school costumes back and I want them to redesign kasumi and ayane school costumes a little.

DonMigs85

Hey, the costume pack is actually free on the HK Store. Sweet!
EDIT: I see, it's actually free for everyone. At least it can't be on-disc DLC since it's 67MB.

What's the actual requirement for getting Tina and Christie's last costumes? GFaqs says you have to beat Arcade on Legend with the character with no continues to get it but I just did it with Lei Fang and got Tina's.
I've already accepted the fact that I will never unlock Lisa's.

I agree. While these stages aren't my favorite in the series aesthetically, they are my favorite to fight in.

This game is really good. I might write a review for it. I feel I've put in enough time to have an accurate opinion.

the one thing i don't like is how they're mostly flat... not too much slope variation...

Galdelico

Yeah, this.
Also, classic Bayman looks so great, as well as DoA4 Christie. :eek:

Please SCEE, bring this DLC on EU Store as soon as it pops out anywhere else, instead of taking your damn time as usual. XD

Erigu

What's the actual requirement for getting Tina and Christie's last costumes? GFaqs says you have to beat Arcade on Legend with the character with no continues to get it but I just did it with Lei Fang and got Tina's.
Tina = Arcade on Legend with no continues (any character)
Christie = Time Attack on Legend with no continues (any character)

Dantis

It's nice that they give characters with fewer costumes much needed alts.

Agreed!

I was just thinking: Why isn't there more colours for Alpha? It seems like they'd have like ten costumes for her, considering how easy it must be to make new ones.

Dantis

I like most of them. Only ones I don't care for are Mila's, Akira's, Christie's and Tina's (Though I do think it being a DOA1 throwback is cool).

Alx

Nice to see the original costume for Helena... it was bothering me that all her DOA5 costumes were a bit to "revealing" and hence looked silly. In a general manner, I think they went a bit too far in the "fanservice" direction with DOA5. I remember the earlier episodes being more subtle in sexy teasing, now it's all zooms on cleavage or ass and slutty outfits, close to what Namco was doing in SC4 and some animations in Tekken.

Top Bottom